Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kingsbury County towns

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    Did you see that Hamlin is dropping down to 9-man football this year?
    Let's not talk about that. I prefer to reminisce about the "pre-apostolic" takeover years.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
      Did you see that Hamlin is dropping down to 9-man football this year?
      I am with JackMD, don't even get me started on this topic. Sad, Sad day.

Comment

That was odd when I saw that both Howard and Hamlin were dropping down to 9-man. strange indeed. I also thought it was weird when Hamlin co-oped with Willow Lake for football (may have with other sports too, just can't remember). Hamlin have Arlington's old football coach as your principal/AD, Joel Jorgenson, still?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
          That was odd when I saw that both Howard and Hamlin were dropping down to 9-man. strange indeed. I also thought it was weird when Hamlin co-oped with Willow Lake for football (may have with other sports too, just can't remember). Hamlin have Arlington's old football coach as your principal/AD, Joel Jorgenson, still?
          Howard has actually been below the cut-off line for 11-man football for quite a few years (112.5 ADM, for those that want to know), but this year they said "Enough is Enough" and made the decision to go back to 9-man football. Some people might think it's a bad thing, but at the same time, you renew some good rivalries (in fact, my radio station is planning on broadcasting the Howard/Parker game and the Howard/Chester football games) and you see a new dynamic to the game.

In fact, don't quote me on this, but I think Howard's ADM was actually below the cutoff line when they won the title in 2005.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I heard they were below the cutoff, but chose to stay up anyways. They always seemed to be an 11-man kind of team/town. Same thing with Greagory when they moved to 9-man. Who did Clark team up with to move up to 11-man?

I wonder how they are going to do with a power running game in a speed oriented 9-man game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              Who did Clark team up with to move up to 11-man?
              Willow Lake. So now it's an all-sports cooperative.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
              X