Home and home with USD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home and home with USD?

Not to get off track, but will SDSU and USD play this coming season? It would only make sense to help them out by scheduling them...and also if you schedule a home and home (IF) then think of how much money that would save, especially with trips to places such as Louisiana (Cent.) and Utah this could help take a load off..any thoughts? Also with all the USD D1 players that transferred in, you would think maybe they could be semi-competitive?

Re: Home and home with USD?

There is no way I see SDSU doing a home and home with any D-II school.  

Go State!  

Comment

Let's kill this thread right now...this topic has been discussed at length on various other threads.  

To state the consensus on this board (and correct me if I'm wrong)...it seems people agree that we will play USD sometime in the future but that it won't happen for a number of years.  How many years is the question.  

I would suggest researching other threads on this board to find out how people feel about playing USD again.  A good start would be: http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1173573523.  It is a football thread but the same principles for basketball apply.  

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops
        Not to get off track, but will SDSU and USD play this coming season? It would only make sense to help them out by scheduling them...and also if you schedule a home and home (IF) then think of how much money that would save, especially with trips to places such as Louisiana (Cent.) and Utah this could help take a load off..any thoughts? Also with all the USD D1 players that transferred in, you would think maybe they could be semi-competitive?
        We may play USD in Brookings but DI programs don't generally go on the road to play NAIA, DII, DIII programs. USD had a decent DII team this year but I wouldn't expect them to compete with the athletes we have at SDSU. Doesn't mean they can't hang in there for one game, UMD did that, but I wouldn't expect them to be even a semi-competitive team on a day-in, day-out basis at the DI level. Time will tell.

AJ and I have talked about the current NCC teams and how they would measure up to DI teams. He doesn't feel the current NCC teams have quite the level of athlete up and down the bench that most DI teams have. Now, he is just the head coach so I am sure someone on this forum knows more than him.

Lastly, I would not support traveling to any non-DI schools to play basketball or football unless they would pay us some kind of guaruntee, which is obviously absolutely ridiculous. Anything other suggestions on this page like that.........?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You must be new/newer to the board.
          For most of us on this board, whether right or wrong. Until the U is in our conferences for both football and BBall, don't expect any games between the two, especially a home and home. The last thing the U deserves at this point is SDSU traveling down to play in that dump.
          I'm sure if you look in the smack threads, you'll find some very good reading on this topic.

Personally, if USD and SDSU ever match up again, it will be too soon, even though I know that they probably will...but I guarantee it won't be next year or the year after.

Go Jacks.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Peesh! From the way the USD AD talked in that one article, he sounded like SDSU was a help to USD....so unless the AD comes on here and says that SDSU is NOT having anything what-so-ever to do with USD then I will believe it

Comment

You make a good point. I mean after all the help the USD provided for us in our move to D-I, I am sure we would be more then happy to reciprocate. ;D

Go State!

Comment

Absolutely SDSU has helped USD, we've done all the hard work. I hope not to see home and home games with the U for quite some time. Lets drop the subject, the thought of it has just ruined my day.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                  [quote author=SDHoops link=1175176430/0#0 date=1175176429]Not to get off track, but will SDSU and USD play this coming season? It would only make sense to help them out by scheduling them...and also if you schedule a home and home (IF) then think of how much money that would save, especially with trips to places such as Louisiana (Cent.) and Utah this could help take a load off..any thoughts? Also with all the USD D1 players that transferred in, you would think maybe they could be semi-competitive?

You must be new/newer to the board.  
                  For most of us on this board, whether right or wrong.  Until the U is in our conferences for both football and BBall, don't expect any games between the two, especially a home and home.  The last thing the U deserves at this point is SDSU traveling down to play in that dump.
                  I'm sure if you look in the smack threads, you'll find some very good reading on this topic.

Personally, if USD and SDSU ever match up again, it will be too soon, even though I know that they probably will...but I guarantee it won't be next year or the year after.

Go Jacks.[/quote]

There won't be games UNTIL USD is in OUR DIVISION. Whether Jacks/Yotes are in the same CONFERENCE is a 5-7 year (or longer) proposition. But certainly, until the games COUNT toward our D-I games, there is NO INCENTIVE for the Jacks to play IN VERMILLION. 2008-2009 school year EARLIEST that could be planned.

After that, there may be good reasons to play. I'd love to start wupping up the pups again! ;D But definitely has to make GOOD economic, and play-off sense to play them.

Comment

Peesh! From the way the USD AD talked in that one article, he sounded like SDSU was a help to USD....so unless the AD comes on here and says that SDSU is NOT having anything what-so-ever to do with USD then I will believe it
                    Well, I've said it before on several other threads, but apparently some of the posters haven't looked at the other threads. So ONE more time...we won't be playing USD in basketball or football for at least four years, if even then. We won't be playing them in a home and home for longer, unless they windup in the MidCon (basketball) or Gateway (Football). GIVE IT A REST!

Comment

I get so tired of any talk about USD.  Fact is, they're kinda stuck right now and we should not be playing them.  What happens five to seven years from now....well, I'll wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                        I get so tired of any talk about USD.  Fact is, they're kinda stuck right now and we should not be playing them.  What happens five to seven years from now....well, I'll wait and see.

LOVE IT!  LLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A priceless post from our new Global Moderator!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Great Post new moderator. AND I say live in the future not the past, i could care less about usd- lets all move onward!

Comment

Let's face it . . . coyotes just can't jump like jackrabbits.

And with that, this thread takes its rightful place in the Smack forum.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                            X