X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by Statebasketballfan
    I think he's got some good points.

On another note, I heard that SDSU was trying to get a home and home with notre dame going! Man, seeing the fighting Irish at Coughlin is going to be fantastic!
    Where did you hear this? Or is this just making fun of the guy on the U website?

Comment

Gosh I have become like an owner to some of you and you have become my puppies. Following me wherever I go and then taking the information and running home to your friends to use as fodder in your discussions. Not only that but not being completely accurate in conveying what was actually said. I never said USD WAS going to play any of these teams. I asked "Who Would You Like" to see the Coyotes play in D1, big difference. I never said anything about playing any of these schools within a particular timeframe other than suggesting for USD to try to be the first area team to play the Huskers. Please at least be accurate in what you write that I am writing. Is asking other Coyotes fans who they would like to see USD play really all that horrible of a question?

For some of you to claim that USD is no longer a rival or the NDSU is a much bigger rival you sure do care about USD ALOT. It is proven in the number of posts that are made in response to what USD does or in response to what poster from USD are saying. Most of you have practically gone insane since USD made their announcement last week and were getting very concerned in the weeks leading up to the announcement. You can HATE on USD all you want but not regarding them as a rival is a bit of a stretch. They might not be this very minute but in the depths of South Dakotans souls SDSU and USD is still a bigger rivalry than NDSU and SDSU. That includes most Jacks fans. They will tell you to your face that USD isn't a rival but their actions will not back that up. I will completely agree that NDSU is your biggest rival as soon as you sell out Frost Arena for a game against them.

If USD wasn't a rival there would be no need to follow me whereever I go just to get back to your homies about what I am saying. That is a rivalry ladies and gentlemen. It's just not one that is currently playing on the field of battle but it sure is on the message boards.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

TROLL ALERT

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
          Gosh I have become like an owner to some of you and you have become my puppies.  Following me wherever I go and then taking the information and running home to your friends to use as fodder in your discussions.  Not only that but not being completely accurate in conveying what was actually said.  I never said USD WAS going to play any of these teams.  I asked "Who Would You Like" to see the Coyotes play in D1, big difference.  I never said anything about playing any of these schools within a particular timeframe other than suggesting for USD to try to be the first area team to play the Huskers.  Please at least be accurate in what you write that I am writing.  Is asking other Coyotes fans who they would like to see USD play really all that horrible of a question?  

For some of you to claim that USD is no longer a rival or the NDSU is a much bigger rival you sure do care about USD ALOT.  It is proven in the number of posts that are made in response to what USD does or in response to what poster from USD are saying.  Most of you have practically gone insane since USD made their announcement last week and were getting very concerned in the weeks leading up to the announcement.  You can HATE on USD all you want but not regarding them as a rival is a bit of a stretch.  They might not be this very minute but in the depths of South Dakotans souls SDSU and USD is still a bigger rivalry than NDSU and SDSU.  That includes most Jacks fans.  They will tell you to your face that USD isn't a rival but their actions will not back that up.  I will completely agree that NDSU is your biggest rival as soon as you sell out Frost Arena for a game against them.  

If USD wasn't a rival there would be no need to follow me whereever I go just to get back to your homies about what I am saying.  That is a rivalry ladies and gentlemen.  It's just not one that is currently playing on the field of battle but it sure is on the message boards.
          Dude, you won't be the first to play Nebraska. Unless you get on their schedule before 2011.

Comment

If USD wasn't a rival there would be no need to follow me whereever I go just to get back to your homies about what I am saying.  That is a rivalry ladies and gentlemen.  It's just not one that is currently playing on the field of battle but it sure is on the message boards.
            I think this "homie" might be a 12 year old kid. At least thats where his intellect lives.

yote_fan, bring it back up a notch and you might come some reasonable discourse. We are the leader, you are the follower, accept that role, be submissive and wait your turn.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

USD is no more of a follower than SDSU. USD followed UND and SDSU followed NDSU. USD just used SDSU as it's guinea pig.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Dog breath:
                When are you going to understand.
                You need to be kiss bottom when you come around here. Your flea eaten yotes dont go anywhere without the say so from the Brookings. Your only hope is that the SUs invite your mangey friends into the MidCon. If they dont, where you going to go? Maybe the Big12? Big10? Or you think the Big Sky? Get real. In football, your only chance depends on the SU's. Either we INVITE you into the Great West or WE decide to move on to the Gateway. Either way, its completely out of the U's control. You are a completely helpless without us. Beg

Comment

USD is no more of a follower than SDSU.  USD followed UND and SDSU followed NDSU.  USD just used SDSU as it's guinea pig.  
                  How can you possibly say SDSU followed NDSU? We both made the move at the same time. If anything you can say we followed U. of Northern Colorado. Accepting the fact our administration had the vision and foresight to make the move when we did would be wise. As would accepting the fact that USD's is being forced into making a move to D-I athletics because of everyone around them.

As I said on another post in response to your "guinea pig" comment. This means the bar has been set for you and USD better darn well be more successful making the transition to D-I. You've had someone in front of you to learn from and therefore this should be much easier for you. Good luck...we'll all be watching.

Comment

Seems to me that Coyote Fan is about to have a big helping of crow. As for us following anyone, we did follow something... we followed our instincts... we followed our guts. All in all, it's been a pretty successful run.

The only thing the University of Student Drunks has followed is the line for the kegstand at the Char-Bar!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Has anyone heard if Abbott got his new basketball arena for Christmas this year??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure it was under the tree right next to the future conference schedules from the Mid-Con AND the Big Sky that had USD and the UND Fighting Ralphs included..............

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                        Has anyone heard if Abbott got his new basketball arena for Christmas this year??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure it was under the tree right next to the future conference schedules from the Mid-Con AND the Big Sky that had USD and the UND Fighting Ralphs included..............
                        Future schedule are up on the Mid-Con site for the next couple of years and there was no schedule for USD. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ Evidently the commissioner didn't get the memo that USD is in! There the "Harvard of the Prairie" for crying out loud.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

"Harvard of the Prairie"... does that mean they're out of touch with reality, too?
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

UsdII always claims to be something they are not..........

http://www.gocrimson.com/

The real Harvard.....

...."Leadership & competitive excellence in Division I athletics" (upper right corner)

Men's sports= 19

Women's sports= 18

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD. It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.
                              From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!! And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page. That just shouldn't happen!!!

http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-...68003540/22#22

Comment

[quote=BTownJack]
                                Wisfootball.net is reporting a verbal by Matt Harrington to St Cloud St. over NDSU and USD.  It said in the article that he disliked USD so much, he left before the visit was concluded.[/quote]

From the Bison board...this really made me laugh!!!  And I was disappointed to see this thread had fell to the 2nd page.  That just shouldn't happen!!!

http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-...68003540/22#22

BEAUTIFUL!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X