Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Heres how we all see the dome.

USD's view

SDSU's view

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      For calling yourself the biggest and best college in the state you sure don't act like it.
      Facts are stubborn things. USD is the second biggest and second best university in the state... and you definitely act like it.

Prediction for today:

UNI 45
      USD 10
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Facts are stubborn things. USD is the second biggest and second best university in the state... and you definitely act like it.

Prediction for today:

UNI 45
        USD 10
        Yeah but......USD will have 4 turnovers and 7 penalties and the game is on the road so it will not count.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Coyote Fan comes in blazing, all right.

I tried to be reasonable and many of you wouldn't let it go. That's fine, you can believe what you want, no matter how misguided, I know the truth. In the end, it doesn't really matter, does it?

As far as the apocolyptic predictions for USD's trip to UNI, I think I would worry more about Youngstown St coming into your house and b*tchslapping you today.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
            As far as the apocolyptic predictions for USD's trip to UNI, I think I would worry more about Youngstown St coming into your house and b*tchslapping you today.
            You are aware that we almost beat Youngstown State last year on the road, right? We don't pretend that our road games don't count like you guys do. We lost, but it was close. I was there and the YSU people were as impressed with SDSU's program as we were with them and with their facilities. In the MVFC, everybody has respect for everybody else.

You guys have a track record against FCS programs, too. You have gotten your rear ends handed to you twice, once by a transitional team that we beat twice handily, and the other time against a good program (a program we also beat on the road the year before.) I hear lots of bluster from the two USD fans who visit here (that's about 66 percent of the total visitors to your lame little board, by the way) but today you'll play a real FCS program as nearly an equal. We'll see how that goes. UNI ain't St. Ambrose, fellas. And now that you're moving up, they're not going to overlook you.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              You are aware that we almost beat Youngstown State last year on the road, right? We don't pretend that our road games don't count like you guys do. We lost, but it was close. I was there and the YSU people were as impressed with SDSU's program as we were with them and with their facilities. In the MVFC, everybody has respect for everybody else.

You guys have a track record against FCS programs, too. You have gotten your rear ends handed to you twice, once by a transitional team that we beat twice handily, and the other time against a good program (a program we also beat on the road the year before.) I hear lots of bluster from the two USD fans who visit here (that's about 66 percent of the total visitors to your lame little board, by the way) but today you'll play a real FCS program as nearly an equal. We'll see how that goes. UNI ain't St. Ambrose, fellas. And now that you're moving up, they're not going to overlook you.

What a joke, no Coyote Fan that I have ever talked to has ever said anything close to "road games don't count", so I don't know where that notion comes from. So many SDSU fans misrepresent the truth so much that it's a no wonder this message board gets such a bad rap. Even the media has mentioned what a joke this board is.

I guess SDSU fans are always too soon to forget their pathetic history. Your first FCS game was a complete joke against UC Davis and that was as a D1. The Coyotes put up a much greater fight in their 2 games against D1's as a D2. How much of a wager would you like to make that USD puts up a better fight in their first FCS game as a D1 than SDSU did.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                Coyote Fan comes in blazing, all right.

I tried to be reasonable and many of you wouldn't let it go. That's fine, you can believe what you want, no matter how misguided, I know the truth. In the end, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Trying to be reasonable, not being able to let go. It just goes to show that no matter what USD fan comes in here SDSU is going to belittle. That does not happen near as often on the USD board. SDSU fans want to talk about how USD has little class. I will say that if any neutral observer read this board, the USD board and the Any Given Saturday board they would most definately come to the conclusion that it's the SDSU fans that don't have the class. Not all of them just many of them.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  Trying to be reasonable, not being able to let go. It just goes to show that no matter what USD fan comes in here SDSU is going to belittle. That does not happen near as often on the USD board. SDSU fans want to talk about how USD has little class. I will say that if any neutral observer read this board, the USD board and the Any Given Saturday board they would most definately come to the conclusion that it's the SDSU fans that don't have the class. Not all of them just many of them.
                  This is funny. I hate the red square so will give rep points again. Oh shucks, I have spread them around, so can't fix the red square in your post box today. Good luck in Cedar Rapids, and hope the fan bus gets there safely and returns safely.

BTW USD board has maybe 200 members. You smart aleck SDSU fans need to get on over and help those magy dogs out with thar message board. And btw "show some class" that matches our two coyote boys, Fan and Yote53.

Comment

I would be stunned like an Alaskan Highway patrolman's step-son if the total number of all SDSU posts on the Coyote board is HALf the number of YOUR posts on this board.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I brought this thread into the world, I'm gonna take it out!

All y'all kids, young'uns, and a-dults, of all colors and persuasions, y'all play nice. (best read with a healthy Southern twang.)

(Well, "play nice" within the constraints of relatively good-natured smack).

This thread has, I believed, lived it's long and fruitful life. USD isn't D-II any more, and is in that miserable nowhere-land called Reclassification Year One. As we know, that's some serious NCAA-inspired smack right there ("Thwack! You don't count as a D-I for D-I schools, and you don't count as a D-II to D-II schools! Have fun making out a schedule! Love--NCAA")

However, should you find it necessary to continue whatever conversation might actually be going on, please start new threads.

But play nice.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X