Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyote Coach comments on Jackrabbits

USD sucks.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
      USD sucks.
      Ah, memories . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SCREW THE U

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15
          SCREW THE U
          More Memories.

Comment

I was at the meeting and this is the facts:

He did say that Minnesota is a bad basketball team.

He did say SDSU couldn't win the NCC this year.

He did say that they could not beat UND.

He did say that this Jackrabbit team isn't as good as the team that won the NCAA II title.

He did say that most Division I basketball games will only have 30-50 fans at them.

Why would he day Minnesota is a bad basketball team? What does he have to gain by saying that. I am sure Uof M will love to schedule him when they transition.

Again maybe this years team wouldn't win the NCC but why would he say this. I think they would have to be a favorite.

UND evidently is a good team and is ready for the transition into DI and I am sure AJ is looking forward to the challenge. It is five on five and sometimes the ball goes in and sometimes it doesn't.

Maybe this year's team would beat the NCAA team and maybe they wouldn't there both from SDSU, so who cares.

I think his comments about the attendance is in reference to the old NCC days when we would pack the house for the girls game at 6 and the boys game 8. I have not been to a game where the attendance was less than 2500 people. This is just a girls game not a double header so we are comparing apples and oranges.

The last comment I have is to the person that said how SDSU in there recruiting would run down the U. Maybe the weren't running it down but just stating facts. In that same thread it was stated that Chad does not run down other programs when he recruits, I was wondering just what these comments were.

USD is just a few years from these trails best of Luck and I look forward to the rivalry to continue.

The NCC is gone Chad it is over like it or not. Time to move

Comment

Lavin's on record. What a knucklehead. His public foolishness will haunt him for years. Did he think he was speaking to a room full of beer buddies or something. The USD administration may want to evaluate the competency of ts women's basketball coach before making the jump. This guy might belong back at the high school level.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Well, considering the SDSU women are the 31st ranked team in Division 1, I guess Lavin just put down the whole division.

I'm so going to savor every minute of the Coyotes struggles the next couple of seasons. They have no clue what they are getting themselves into.

Comment

If division 1 is so bad and only 200-300 fans show up for games, why did usd let the mighty NCC die and move up?
                  Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by 167
                    I was at the meeting and this is the facts:

He did say that Minnesota is a bad basketball team.

He did say SDSU couldn't win the NCC this year.

He did say that they could not beat UND.

He did say that this Jackrabbit team isn't as good as the team that won the NCAA II title.

He did say that most Division I basketball games will only have 30-50 fans at them.

Why would he day Minnesota is a bad basketball team?  What does he have to gain by saying that.  I am sure Uof M will love to schedule him when they transition.

Again maybe this years team wouldn't win the NCC but why would he say this.  I think they would have to be a favorite.

UND evidently is a good team and is ready for the transition into DI and I am sure AJ is looking forward to the challenge.  It is five on five and sometimes the ball goes in and sometimes it doesn't.

Maybe this year's team would beat the NCAA team and maybe they wouldn't there both from SDSU, so who cares.

I think his comments about the attendance is in reference to the old NCC days when we would pack the house for the girls game at 6 and the boys game 8.  I have not been to a game where the attendance was less than 2500 people.  This is just a girls game not a double header so we are comparing apples and oranges.  

The last comment I have is to the person that said how SDSU in there recruiting would run down the U.  Maybe the weren't running it down but just stating facts.  In that same thread it was stated that Chad does not run down other programs when he recruits, I was wondering just what these comments were.

USD is just a few years from these trails best of Luck and I look forward to the rivalry to continue.

The NCC is gone Chad it is over like it or not.  Time to move

I wouldn't call Minnesota bad. Just not as good as they once were.

SDSU has no chance to win the NCC. Chad is right on there. We have moved onward and upward.

Chad's right again. We can't beat UND this year. We don't play them. We are playing a much higher caliber team than UND.

It's debatable wether this team of ours is a good as the 2003 team. No matter how you look at it, they are both darn good.

We have our 30-50 fans inside Frost within munutes of when the doors open. That's quite a statement he made about D1 attendence. Maybe that why Wyoming's womens teamed sucked when Chad was there.

Chad, you arrogant SOB. You might as well have the L branded into your forehead. Have fun competing in D1 with players who left D1 because they couldn't cut it at a higher level.

Comment

I think it's funny that he spent what sounds like a large portion of his talk, talking about SDSU.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Its not the first time USD spends a lot of time talking about STATE, Abbott in his roadmap to D-1 was half just talking about how they need SDSU and the other half about how they have no idea what they are doing. We spend time talkin smack bout USD bout obvious things such as how "classy" they are and how we are moving on from them yet they cant seem to stop talking on all levels from thier Pres down to students about how much they need SDSU. On another topic Id maybe be impressed with Lavin if he had good teams with his own recruits. Players that left state or other D-1 colleges end up at the U and are the only thing that has even kept him coaching there. IF he didnt get a few transfers every year he would still be a bottum feeder where ever he is.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

He was a bottom feeder last year and getting closer this year as the tough games come along.

I always think it is interesting that players transfer to the U. Players transfer because they couldn't cut it at another school. Natalie Carda was a good D-2 player who wasn't able to cut it at SDSU (oops...forgot we aren't very good...doesn't say much for his player if she couldn't make our team). The Hoffman twins played for Texas State last year, and we cleaned them out when we played them. So now they get to play for Lavin at the Division II level. Nuff said. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                            He was a bottom feeder last year and getting closer this year as the tough games come along.

I always think it is interesting that players transfer to the U. Players transfer because they couldn't cut it at another school. Natalie Carda was a good D-2 player who wasn't able to cut it at SDSU (oops...forgot we aren't very good...doesn't say much for his player if she couldn't make our team). The Hoffman twins played for Texas State last year, and we cleaned them out when we played them. So now they get to play for Lavin at the Division II level. Nuff said. ;D
                            let's get one thing straight! Carda would have been a big help to our team. She would have been 6-7th for this balanced team. She could play inside out and would have contributed on a regular bases. Don't knock a person who made a personal decision to follow her heart. You should also know that both her parents went to USD and she comes from a great family. One of the hardest things to do for an athlete is to transfer to the rival and hear all the talk. Just wish her luck and be done!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo
                              [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/30#41 date=1170112176]He was a bottom feeder last year and getting closer this year as the tough games come along.

let's get one thing straight!   Carda would have been a big help to our team.   She would have been 6-7th for this balanced team.  She could play inside out and would have contributed on a regular bases.  Don't knock a person who made a personal decision to follow her heart. You should also know that both her parents went to USD and she comes from a great family.  One of the hardest things to do for an athlete is to transfer to the rival and hear all the talk.  Just wish her luck and be done!

[/quote]
                              True her parents were usd2 alums. But I respectfully disagree with Natalie being 6-7 in our rotation. She had playing time as last season went along and is not as talented as the young 3 and 4 players that were brought on board this season. Natalie left because she saw the handwriting on the wall. I do wish her luck though.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo
                                [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1169357867/30#41 date=1170112176]He was a bottom feeder last year and getting closer this year as the tough games come along.

let's get one thing straight!   Carda would have been a big help to our team.   She would have been 6-7th for this balanced team.  She could play inside out and would have contributed on a regular bases.  Don't knock a person who made a personal decision to follow her heart. You should also know that both her parents went to USD and she comes from a great family.  One of the hardest things to do for an athlete is to transfer to the rival and hear all the talk.  Just wish her luck and be done!

[/quote]

I definately do wish her luck and hope her decision turns out for the best.  My only question is, from the situation with her and her family, why did she choose to come to SDSU in the first place?  Only reason I can think of is that she wanted to show she could play at a D1 school.  If this is the case, she should have just bit the bullet, went with her heart, and attended USD out of high school.  

Either way, I hope she is happy.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X