Logo on the Great West Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo on the Great West Board

Does anyone else think that we need a different logo on the top of the Great West board? Everyone else has their mascot on their logo. I think our beloved rabbit should also be shown. What do you think?

http://greatwestfootball.ocsn.com/

Go State!

Re: Logo on the Great West Board

I personally like that logo.  I realize there is no Jackrabbit in it but I still like it.  Maybe we have that logo on the Great West site because that's what we have on our football helmets.  Are the other schools logos the stickers on their helmets??

Comment

No, except Southern Utah, even ours is different. On our helmets the SD is all one color.  Here is a link to a site that shows all the GWFC's schools helmets.

http://www.anygivensaturday.org/helmets/GWFC.htm

P.S. Don't get me wrong.  I like our Logo, I just want to see the Rabbit.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Thanks for the info 89rabbit ;D

Comment

My take on the logos on the GW site. I think the SD is fine because it is the logo represented on State's helmets. The problem is that four of the schools have a logo that represents their athletic departments that incorporates the university name as well. SDSU lacks that and it is probably something that should be addressed with the move (regardless is should be addressed). Not a big fan of the rabbit. I know it is the mascot, but it's too cartoonish for my tastes. Yes, I know it is our mascot, but I don't think there would be a way to show power and prestige by having the running rabbit in a logo. If you look at the other GW school's logos, their mascot is powerful, or stoic, or regal, not a damn cartoon character. If someone with artistic ability could come up with a logo incorporating the rabbit, yet showing strength or power, please provide it and display it on here somehow.

Also, anyone got any pull to get SDSU's historical helmets to the site. We're the only school not represented. I know pre-stretch SD it was the Jacks block lettering. Sometime before that was a script Jacks. Way back in the day was a block SD. Any historians able to share any more helmet designs?

Comment

As I am sure you can tell I like the Rabbit. He is my avatar for gosh sakes. That being said I will have to respectfully disagree with you hoopla4u.

I have never been a fan of "beefing up" an otherwise less then beefy mascot. Many Schools use mascots that are not "powerful, stoic, or regal".

Kansas and their Jayhawk, he sure is a happy little bird.

http://www.kuathletics.com/

Minnesota and their Gopher, smiley little rodent huh.

http://www1.umn.edu/twincities/index.php

Delaware, the defending I-AA Football Champions, they are the Blue Hens.

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/new-index.html

All pretty good schools, none with what one might call a "powerful, stoic, or regal" mascot. I say be proud of who and what we are. At least we are not one of the thousands of schools with Tigers or Bulldogs out there. We are different and unique. Hoopla4u please don't think I am picking on you, I respect your opinion I just don't happen to agree with you on this one, but I know you are a good person, because you went to State.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by hoopla4u
              If someone with artistic ability could come up with a logo incorporating the rabbit, yet showing strength or power, please provide it and display it on here somehow.
              You probably can't see my avitar on the message board, but here's the full size image:

I didn't create the image, just found it in a search. Of course there's always the rabbit from Donnie Darko as well, but that might scare the kids at the games.

Comment

Charger13,

Very nice!   ;D

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  P.S. Don't get me wrong.  I like our Logo, I just want to see the Rabbit.
                  Maybe we could update the old logo. It included the mascot.

Comment

I like the use of the rabbit logo on certain things, however I am in favor of keeping the SD on the helemet, It was back in the 80's that the word "Jacks" was scripted on the helmet. I liked it. What I dont like is the Campanile used as a sports symbol( for a while I think it was used on the Great West site) I love the Campanile and all it stands for but only in the text of academics. Charger 13's rabbit is interesting.... He kind of looks like a rabbit you may find at Chernobyl.  All in all I would like to see a new logo/letter incorporation for our new move to D1, kind of a new era.. and all that stuff. If I had an ounce of artistic ability I would start doing one, but I cant even draw a stick figure.

PS The Donnie Darko rabbit might scare me, not just the kids at Frost Arena.

Comment

I really like what UNC and NDSU have done. You know right away who you are looking at.

Comment

GSU'sTALON,

Thought you might like to see Charger's post about the Rabbit logo. Enjoy.

Go State!

Comment

My old friends on the beaver board

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

scary
                          Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                          www.gsufans.com

Comment

k

Charger13

I don’t find the pics very funny Charger13. In the first pic youre promoting steroid use in the other exploiting homeless, aged, decrepit South Dakota fans. God man have you no shame ???

www.southern-connction.com

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/

Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                            www.gsufans.com

Comment

TALON,

The first one is not steriod use. That is what happens when the animal husbrandry kids hook up with the engineering kids.

Can't really explain the Donnie Darko bunny, but I do know you should FEAR him.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X