Josh Ranek &  Ottawa ready for another season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Ranek &  Ottawa ready for another season

Josh Ranek is ready once again to lead his Ottawa Renegades as they do battle for the Grey Cup.  The ultimate prize of the CFL.  The Renegades open the regular season on the road at Winnipeg.  The Blue Bombers host Ottawa this Thursday, June 17th.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Renegades/home.html

Good luck Josh, have another All Star Season!   8)

Go State!  ;D

Re: Josh Ranek &  Ottawa ready for another sea

Is there still a Jamel White & Josh Ranek dispute?

Comment

One is an NFL back up who has gained a little over 1,300 yds in 4 years the other is a CFL All-Star who ran for almost that much last season, so maybe.  By the way he scored an 11 yds TD last night as Ottawa beat Winnepeg 37-25.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I noticed that Josh was 19-92 on rushing and had 2-63 for receiving. CFL seems to be more of a pass offense.
        Ottawa's total rushing was 144 yard and Josh got 92 of those. Since this was Ottawa's first win ever in Winnepeg, it has to be big for the franchise. I think Josh has found a home for now.

I think White being somewhat bigger and maybe having more speed than Josh may explain why one is in the NFL and the other is in the CFL. I dont know the NFL franchises at all, but sometimes it depends on what is needed. Josh getting his tryout with the Dallas Cowboys as compared to White's tryout with CLeveland.
        Cleveland may have needed a running back more than Dallas did. I think Josh will always win the heart contest as I dont think SDSU has ever had a player that played with heart like Josh Ranek.

I look for another good season for Josh and maybe a Grey Cup championship will get the attention of NFL agents and franchises.

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sa...article5.shtml

Ranek shines in CFL opener

FOOTBALL: Former South Dakota State star Josh Ranek rushed 19 times for 92 yards and a touchdown and caught two passes for 63 yards to help Ottawa defeat Winnipeg 37-25 in the teams' Canadian Football League opener Thursday. . . .

Comment

Ranek Player of the Week for Week 1 of the CFL season.

http://www.cfl.ca/CFL/Announcements/...29/519318.html

Comment

Josh is rolling along! He leads the CFL in rushing.

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Sundayarticle5.shtml

Ranek helps Ottawa to 3-0 start

FOOTBALL: Canadian Football League rushing leader Josh Ranek, a former South Dakota State star, carried 18 times for 95 yards Friday as the Ottawa Renegades defeated defending CFL champion Edmonton 44-15. Ranek also had three receptions for 47 yards. . . .

Comment

No. One is in the NFL and one is in the CFL.

No comparison.

Comment

I think there still is a debate.  One guy, Josh Ranek,  is a CFL All-Star and currently leads the CFL in rushing.   Last season alone Josh ran for 1122 yds.

The other, Jamal White,  is a NFL bench warmer.  Jamal White has run for 1,324 yards IN HIS CAREER.  That is four seasons and his production is going down.  Last year he ran for 266 yrd, nice season.  :

So you may be right that there may not be any comparison.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by SPORTSFAN

No. One is in the NFL and one is in the CFL.

No comparison.
                    Where does this come from??

One player is arguably the best running back in NCC history and one of the best in DII history with stats that make him a top RB in NCAA history. The other is Jamel White.

We're proud that Josh is having a productive career in the CFL. USD fans (of which I'm guessing SPORTSFAN is one) should be proud of Jamel for his accomplishments. Just don't come on here trying to stir things up when we've got a nice thread going to follow one of our own. We haven't taken any shots at Jamel on this thread because there is no reason to. If you want to start something take it to the smack board. I won't be there with you.

Any success players from South Dakota schools has is good for the state. SDSU takes great pride in the fact that our grads have been productive in the NFL and put our school on a map in a way (a big way with Vinny's right foot). USD fans should take pride in any players they have in the NFL because it shows well of the program. It's not about who has better NFL players because no one outside of the state cares (and we know who does anyway ).

Comment

Catchem and 89:

Good comments of which I agree whole hardly. There seems to be doubts about JUCO's being recruited. I dont think Jamal came to Vermillion as a walk on freshman. To Jamals credit, this is a reason why we are recruiting JUCO and yes most are from California where there are at least 50 JUCO institituions. So much for the Bancroft SD boys.

Comment

Back on topic here. Tough weekend for Ranek and Ottowa.

http://www.cfl.ca/CFLSchedules04/0709_mtl_ott.html

Comment

Looks like Ottawa got down early and had to go to the air.

Comment

Decent yds/carry at 4.2, only 10 carries however. He did score 2 TDs. All-in-all not a bad day considering Ottowa was blown out.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

More news about Josh, he is still leading the CFL in rushing:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Th...article5.shtml

Football: Former South Dakota State star Josh Ranek leads the Canadian Football League in rushing with 559 yards. He's averaging 5.4 yards a carry. He also has 27 receptions for 333 yards. His 892 combined yards from scrimmage also is No. 1.

Go Josh, Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X