Signing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Day

Today's the day we find out who joins the Jacks on our mission in DIAA football.

Re: Signing Day

Was involved in it last year. It is a very exciting and anxious time for the athlete, parents and fans. But.....worth every moment

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Coach Stig is scheduled to be on the Craig and Mike show this afternoon. About 3:20 PM.  

http://www.kwsn.com/stream.php

Go State!  ;D

Comment

when/where can we see who the recruits are?
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

The list is official...all 19 have signed.
          Should be out shortly..
          Four linebackers, four offensive linemen, three defensive backs, three d linemen, two running backs, 1 qb,1 tight end and 1 wide out.

Comment

Kinda like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning.......

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

Here it is Jackrabbit fans!   8)

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,4052

Steven Bazata, DL, 6-4, 230,Howells, NE (Howells HS)
              Casey Bender, TE, 6-6, 250, Lindsay, NE (Lindsay Holy Family)
              Joseph Blackman, DB, 5-11, 175, Pittsburg, CA (Pittsburg HS)
              Ryan Crawford, QB, 6-2, 205, Oro Valley, AZ (Ironwood Ridge HS)
              Glen Fox, DB, 6-2, 180, Fairfax, IA (Cedar Rapids Prairie HS)
              Hank Goff, DL, 6-4, 240, Chanhassen, MN (Minnetonka HS)
              Brad Herman, LB, 6-3, 205, Luverne, MN (Luverne HS)
              Chris Johnson, LB, 6-2, 210, Council Bluffs, IA (Abraham Lincoln HS)
              Isaiah Jackson, LB, 6-2, 200, Chandler, AZ (Chandler HS)
              Casey Knips, OL, 6-8, 290, Adrian, MN (Adrian HS)
              Nathan Koskovich, OL, 6-4, 280, Kingsley, IA (Kingsley, Pierson HS)
              Jacob Ludemann, OL, 6-6, 250, Norfolk, NE (Norfolk Catholic)
              Adam Monke, RB, 5-10, 190, Nickerson, NE (Arlington HS)
              Jacob Pfeiffer, DL, 6-3, 255, Sheboygan, WI (Sheboygan South HS)
              Jordan Paula, RB, 6-3, 210, Brookings, SD (Brookings HS)
              Jimmy Rogers, DB, 5-11, 190, Chandler, AZ (Hamilton HS)
              Evan Skiles, OL, 6-7, 250, Beatrice, NE (Beatrice HS)
              Mike Steffen, WR, 6-5, 195, Mt. Vernon, SD (Mt. Vernon HS)
              Kris Stone, LB, 6-1, 215, Gilbert, AZ (Highland HS)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Looks like a great bunch of recruits.......smart also......that is very important

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Comment

IMO, Mike Steffen is the best all around athlete in South Dakota this year. He is certainly in the top 5. He has had offers in fb and bb, and his best sport might be baseball.

Comment

looks like you guys did some heavy recruiting in Arizona. My sister in law lives in Chandler, she would look good in a rabbits jersey.

Comment

I know alot of the naysayers will point to the lack of SD athletes, but I think it's pretty d@mned impressive that Stig and his staff can convince anyone from Arizona or Cali to come to the land of the 25 mph winds and -35 windchill factors. That says alot about our program and our coaches.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

and a Wisconsin kid! I feel vindicated.

Comment

The over-all size of the class is much different than in the past. Very few under 6 ft and some of the lineman are already close to 300 lbs. I hope we can keep everyone on board and focused for 4 to 5 years and this will be a foundation of great program. The mailing address of the recruits is not a factor and should not be.

All of sudden some people in SD can only talk about is how great it is to see South Dakota kids play sports. To that notion I say one word " B#LLsh#t", South Dakota needs to find ways to draw people into the state not drive them away. We don't need laws like the one being offered in the legislature that outlaws out of state residents from fishing in South Dakota nor should we fear non-South Dakotan being recruited for football or any other sport at SDSU.

My hat is off to Stig and staff for doing a great recruiting job.

Comment

I agree that Coach Stig and the staff did a great job.  I too care very little where the players comes from.  As soon as they put on a jersey, they represent South Dakota and SDSU.

Does anyone really think that it mattered to Husker fans that Tommy Frazier was from Florida, or that Bobby Newcomb was from New Mexico, or that Trev Albert was from Iowa.  I don't and when you think of these guys today, what do you think of?  If you are like me you think of Nebraska.  The same is true at every university in the Nation.  

If one wants to watch a team of mostly South Dakota kids competing there are plenty of places to do that. One need look no further then the NAIA and the University of Sioux Falls. Great program with lots of local talent. Nothing wrong with that. It is always good to see local kids competing. SDSU is just bringing a different level of football to the area and the local kids who can and chose to compete at that level will. It is nice that the local kids who have the talent to play D-I ball can now do so in their home state.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Highlights from an Argus story:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...38/1002/SPORTS

Christmas in February
                              Region coaches like their 2005 recruiting classes

published: 02/3/05

College football coaches got to unwrap some Christmas presents in February as they watched their recruiting efforts come to fruition with football's National Letter of Intent Day.

Across the country, high school seniors signed formal documents agreeing to attend universities and colleges and compete for the football team.  .  .  .

South Dakota State

To introduce his newest batch of recruits, South Dakota State football coach John Stiegelmeier used a 10-minute video presentation with two-play highlights from each of his 19 incoming players.

He also could have used a map to chart where they come from. With the move to Division I-AA, SDSU plucked prospects from seven states, including four from Arizona, where assistant coach Daren Wilkinson had been a community college coach.

With Division I-A Nebraska scaling back its walk-on program, SDSU also pillaged five kids from that state.

Topping that list of out-of-staters are explosive linebacker Isaiah Jackson from Chandler, Ariz., and punishing defensive lineman Hank Goff from Chanhassen, Minn.

Stiegelmeier said Jackson had drawn interest from some Pac-10 schools, but a knee injury scared away bigger programs. Goff, meanwhile, was an all-state pick at Minnetonka High by both The Associated Press and Star Tribune.

The Jackrabbits went 6-5 last year in their I-AA debut, including a 2-3 mark in the first-year Great West Football Conference.

"It's totally different this year because we had a record and a season under our belts," Stiegelmeier said. "It's just different when you say, 'We're going to Montana State,' than it is to say 'We went to Montana State and lost with two seconds left.'"

Stiegelmeier's staff also added two Elite 45 players - Mike Steffen from Stickney-Mt. Vernon and Jordan Paula from Brookings. Steffen, at 6-5, will convert from a quarterback to wide receiver in college, while former soccer player Paula earned a scholarship as a running back after just two years of playing football.

"I'm real excited about Jordan," Stiegelmeier said. "I think the sky's the limit for him."

Key areas of need were addressed at linebacker and offensive line, with the Jackrabbits inking four at each spot. That includes the biggest signing, at least physically, in 6-8, 290-pound offensive lineman Casey Knips from Adrian, Minn.

SDSU is gradually increasing its scholarships as it goes through the transition to I-AA and will use 42 scholarships this season. Ten of those are being used on incoming players. The Jacks' staff also became more selective with the type of players they brought in for official visits, limiting that total to 32.

"(The assistant coaches) do all the work. They take their 100 to 200 guys in their area and whittle it down to eight or 10," Stiegelmeier said. "You're not battling the lower-level schools - you're battling the best schools."

Stiegelmeier also gushed about his class' academic prowess. SDSU's recruits boast an average ACT score of 23 and high school grade point average of 3.36.  .  .  .

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X