2008 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Recruits

Apparently Riley Reiff has reopened his recruitment and no longer considers him self a hard verbel to Iowa. He was at the Nebraska game this past weekend and will be in Brookings this weekend. So if you see Riley give him a beverage show him around and most important show him that SDSU is where he should be.

Its not an official visit that I know of but if he has fun maybe he will make an official visit.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Apparently Riley Reiff has reopened his recruitment and no longer considers him self a hard verbel to Iowa. He was at the Nebraska game this past weekend and will be in Brookings this weekend. So if you see Riley give him a beverage show him around and most important show him that SDSU is where he should be.

Its not an official visit that I know of but if he has fun maybe he will make an official visit.
      I read that in the Argus today. Boy, that would be a big catch for SDSU.

Comment

Cheers. It's nice that Reiff is at least checking out SDSU, to some degree. He would seem to be a great fit for the Jacks.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Cheers. It's nice that Reiff is at least checking out SDSU, to some degree. He would seem to be a great fit for the Jacks.
          The Jacks would be a great fit for him!

Comment

As stated Reiff verballed to Nebraska on thursday or friday.... I also heard that Tyrell Kool (Yankton HS) has verballed to North Dakota State. but as I was looking on Scout.com I found some people who had interest in SDSU.

Clint Gladden DE Arizona 2 star
            http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=2736247
            Luckas Scott RB Arizona 1 star
            http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=2948521
            Bruce Eisenhauer QB Arizona 1 star
            http://hsarizona.scout.com/a.z?s=222...=1&nid=2993183
            Taylor Hightower S Texas 2 star
            http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=3132212
            Bradie Ewing RB Wisconsin 1 star
            http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=3400974
            Greg Fleming K Minnesota 1 star
            http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=2998617

does anybody know if SDSU has any recruits that have verballed?
            Last edited by joeboo22; 10-14-2007, 12:36 AM. Reason: added another recruit

Comment

As shown about in my previous post SDSU has 6 recruits showing interest in SDSU on Scout.com
              Overall I see that again the coaching staff is showing big interest in Arizona.... There is a couple of players on the roster from Arizona and it appears that South Dakota State is becoming some what of a house hold name in the eyes of D-I recruits I also heard a few non athletes tend to follow the athletes from Arizona also..... I am kinda disappointed that SDSU hasn't recruited California more we play 2 California schools a year and you would think that California recruits would show more interest in SDSU then they have.

I am a little surprised that we haven't seen any interest from Iowa recruits... this may be a good thing as the roster was getting full of Iowa recruits also I noticed that their 1 and 2 star recruits are seeing interest from D-IA schools....

Overall even though the odds of landing 1 or 2 of these recruits is slim it has to be a recruiting tool just to have your name mentioned besides an Arizona or a Wisconsin.

You also have to remember just because we are not shown on some athletes doesn't mean much last year the Scout.com recruits we landed had not shown interest in SDSU.....
              Last edited by joeboo22; 10-14-2007, 02:57 AM.

Comment

As shown about in my previous post SDSU has 6 recruits showing interest in SDSU on Scout.com
                Overall I see that again the coaching staff is showing big interest in Arizona.... There is a couple of players on the roster from Arizona and it appears that South Dakota State is becoming some what of a house hold name in the eyes of D-I recruits I also heard a few non athletes tend to follow the athletes from Arizona also..... I am kinda disappointed that SDSU hasn't recruited California more we play 2 California schools a year and you would think that California recruits would show more interest in SDSU then they have.

I am a little surprised that we haven't seen any interest from Iowa recruits... this may be a good thing as the roster was getting full of Iowa recruits also I noticed that their 1 and 2 star recruits are seeing interest from D-IA schools....

Overall even though the odds of landing 1 or 2 of these recruits is slim it has to be a recruiting tool just to have your name mentioned besides an Arizona or a Wisconsin.

Why would it be a good thing that 1 or 2 star recruits from Iowa who are receiving interest from BCS teams are not paying attention to SDSU? This makes no sense. We don't want guys with BCS offers to even consider us?

Also, who cares where the players come from as long as they are good enough to play?

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
                  Why would it be a good thing that 1 or 2 star recruits from Iowa who are receiving interest from BCS teams are not paying attention to SDSU? This makes no sense. We don't want guys with BCS offers to even consider us?

Also, who cares where the players come from as long as they are good enough to play?
                  No I just think that as we move to full D-I status maybe getting out of Iowa would be a good thing. Coach Stig said that after the Northern Iowa game as we have more Iowa football players then Northern Iowa does.... I did't mean it like it like that I was getting at is I was surprised with the 1 and 2 star recruits getting so much attention from Iowa. Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska and so on...... I think you also have to look at Iowa's hs scout website and see that it appears that it is a down year in Iowa......

Comment

.... I did't mean it like it like that I was getting at is I was surprised with the 1 and 2 star recruits ......
                    HUH????

Comment

Coach Stig also said a few weeks ago that five players from Iowa who were offered scholarships at SDSU chose to walk on at Iowa instead. He didn't explain why. Maybe it had something to do with the transition or facilities, which are recruiting shortcomings that will be fixed in the near future.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Coach Stig also said a few weeks ago that five players from Iowa who were offered scholarships at SDSU chose to walk on at Iowa instead. He didn't explain why. Maybe it had something to do with the transition or facilities, which are recruiting shortcomings that will be fixed in the near future.
                        I think what it has to do is that people in Iowa and Nebraska breed to love there state schools... SDSU is a good school but there are very few that grow up in a family that lives, sleeps and dreams SDSU athletics.....

With my statement "I was surprised that Iowa is showing interest in 1 and 2 star recruits" is the fact that when I look at most states generally the major D-I school in the state shows interest in the top heavy then a few here or there towards the middle/bottom... Iowa just seemed to have the most per total recruits.... again this is just interest.

Comment

The Argus had a little tidbit about Riley Reiff questioning his verbel to Nebraska now because one of the main reasons he was going was because of the A.D. that got canned today..... I don't know what the whole deal was I'll see what I can find....

Comment

The Argus had a little tidbit about Riley Reiff questioning his verbel to Nebraska now because one of the main reasons he was going was because of the A.D. that got canned today..... I don't know what the whole deal was I'll see what I can find....
                            This kid seem a bit confused to me. It sounds like he is finding any reason he can to second guess what he has done. I've never in my life heard of a football player choosing a school because of the AD.

Hopefully this ends well for him.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Read it again. Had nothing to do with the A.D. Stu's question is if Callahan and Cosgrove ended up getting the hook, then, what is Riley going to do?

He would still look good in Blue and Yellow!!

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                Read it again. Had nothing to do with the A.D. Stu's question is if Callahan and Cosgrove ended up getting the hook, then, what is Riley going to do?

He would still look good in Blue and Yellow!!

Go Jacks!!
                                ya u are right i read it late and though they were talking about the AD not the coaches..... I was shocked when they gave callahan an extension because they aren't that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X