Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008 Recruits

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    Great example of why it does no good to lambast a kid for making a decision like that and thinking he would have been better off going to a lower level school because he would have no shot in the bigs. Congrats to Matt on his early success. I hope he has a great career for Bo Pelini and the Huskers.
    I hope I didn't come off as lambasting the kid. I was just trying to express Coach Stig's disappointment with the way it was handled. Of course Stig also admitted that its not unexpected when you are dealing with teenagers and their future.

Great news for Matt, wish we could have landed him.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not only has Matt Holt been playing for the Huskers...he got his first career start for the Huskers today against Texas Tech, which they lost in overtime. That is pretty impressive for a walk-on true freshman.

I guess this means one thing, Stig's staff is definitely recruiting the right guys!

Check out the game statistics here:

Scroll down about 1/3 of the way down the page to the "Participation Report."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1601449
      Last edited by BTownJack; 10-11-2008, 10:56 PM.

Comment

that is ridiculus

Comment

Not only that, but he also ended up 2nd on the team with 8 tackles in the game!

Sucks we lost him, but good to see we are targeting the right guys and are competing against the big boys to land them.

Comment

Not sure there's a ton of difference between the talent on the Huskers D and the Jackrabbit D (when our D is healthy).
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              Not sure there's a ton of difference between the talent on the Huskers D and the Jackrabbit D (when our D is healthy).
              Now that is the kind of coment I would expect to see from our neighbors to the south, not from a loyal Jacks fan!

We will get to see how close we are in two years!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                Now that is the kind of coment I would expect to see from our neighbors to the south, not from a loyal Jacks fan!

We will get to see how close we are in two years!
                What's the problem with MJA's post?

I happen to be a fan of both and didn't take offense to that comment. I took it as a compliment to our defense that we are as good as the Huskers when healthy. Obviously, the Huskers D isn't anywhere near where they want it to be either.

As a SDSU fan I hope our D continues to improve. As a Husker fan I hope their defense improves a ton over the next couple of years if they want to contend in the Big 12.

Anyone that knows MJA certainly isn't going to question his being a loyal Jacks fan.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  What's the problem with MJA's post?

I happen to be a fan of both and didn't take offense to that comment. I took it as a compliment to our defense that we are as good as the Huskers when healthy. Obviously, the Huskers D isn't anywhere near where they want it to be either.

As a SDSU fan I hope our D continues to improve. As a Husker fan I hope their defense improves a ton over the next couple of years if they want to contend in the Big 12.

Anyone that knows MJA certainly isn't going to question his being a loyal Jacks fan.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY

I have no problem with his post except the fact that you are saying that our defense is as good as the huskers, let's be realistic here! I said that he was a loyal fan and that the statement made was a little far fetched like some of the comments in smack, that the USD posters have made!

Nothing aganist him at all!

I am a season ticket holder for both SDSU and the Huskers and I come to the JAcks games if they are playing at home on the same day! Sell my Husker tickets for a profit and enjoy a good competitive game at SDSU! So relax!

Comment

I have no problem with his post except the fact that you are saying that our defense is as good as the huskers, let's be realistic here! I said that he was a loyal fan and that the statement made was a little far fetched like some of the comments in smack, that the USD posters have made!
                    I took no offense to your post. I stand by my post that, when healthy, SDSU's D is not far behind UNL's. I've seen both play. Just my observation.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I took no offense to your post. I stand by my post that, when healthy, SDSU's D is not far behind UNL's. I've seen both play. Just my observation.
                      By the Way, I am headed your way for the Packers & Colts this weekend!

GO PAck!

Comment

By the Way, I am headed your way for the Packers & Colts this weekend!

GO PAck!
                        I'm a Bears fan living in the middle of Packers HQ, but there are few things as fun as going to a Packers game a Lambeau. I've been to Soldier Field and Lambeau. The experience of being amongst a mass of fellow-Bears fans was pretty cool having grown up always being the visiting team at the Dome, but for pure football enjoyment you can't beat Lambeau.

Comment

Matt Holt definitely is this week's media darling in huskerville.

Big Red Diary: Matt Holt
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'm a Bears fan living in the middle of Packers HQ, but there are few things as fun as going to a Packers game a Lambeau. I've been to Soldier Field and Lambeau. The experience of being amongst a mass of fellow-Bears fans was pretty cool having grown up always being the visiting team at the Dome, but for pure football enjoyment you can't beat Lambeau.
                            I was a the Bears / Packers last year at Lambeau when the Bears beat them for their first loss! I can't wait except I am missing opening hunting and a Jacks game!

Comment

I was a the Bears / Packers last year at Lambeau when the Bears beat them for their first loss! I can't wait except I am missing opening hunting and a Jacks game!
                              What does any of this have to do with 2008 Recruits?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                                What does any of this have to do with 2008 Recruits?
                                So we got alitttle of track! Your post also had nothing to do with this thread either!

Comment

Working...
                                X