Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

Originally posted by jackmd
    [quote author=uncbearsfan link=1171752576/15#28 date=1185986713]The Leathernecks have a pretty good team returning I believe.  You better stop the run as they have one of the best running backs in all of FCS.  
    Oh, I like out chances stopping the run.  I think our strength will be our D-line and that will allow our LBs and DBs to fill some gaps.  If our offense can get us a lead I like our chances.[/quote]

Check that. He's pre-season all-american. Bio: http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArti...;Q_SEASON=2007

They also have 6 players named to the all-conference list.

Comment

I have no doubt that W. Ill. is going to be one heck of an opening game challenge. I still expect Stig to have the guys ready to play their best. After the fiasco opening last season I doubt there will be anything but a 100% effort from our guys. We will play our game and the best team on the field that day will win. I like our chances.

How many games do Gateway teams (or future teams) have against the BS conference this year? I'll take the Gateway in the season series. To bad we don't get a chance to whip the bears this year.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
        [quote author=jackmd link=1171752576/15#29 date=1185987030][quote author=uncbearsfan link=1171752576/15#28 date=1185986713]The Leathernecks have a pretty good team returning I believe.  You better stop the run as they have one of the best running backs in all of FCS.  
        Oh, I like out chances stopping the run.  I think our strength will be our D-line and that will allow our LBs and DBs to fill some gaps.  If our offense can get us a lead I like our chances.[/quote]

Check that.  He's pre-season  all-american.  Bio:  http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArti...;Q_SEASON=2007

They also have 6 players named to the all-conference list.
        [/quote]

Preseason accolades are nice; maybe you have seen some of these:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1137625

Go State!  

Comment

Well if your defensive line is as good as you say, then it should be a good battle against your linebackers and Donaldson. When he runs he seems to have a nack for physical contact. Fast, physical and all out great running back. Probably the best running back you will see all year.
          As for us, we'll need all the help we can get too opening day because we'll be playing against a Heisman hopefully in Honalulu. :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Couple things.

1) My bad on the toll booths, but in my defense they aren't just limited to the Chicago area.  Any crossing from WI to IL requires paying a toll - even over by Madison.  I have relatives in the Quad cities and stop for 3 tolls every time I go.  Same for crossing from Indiana to IL - tolls at every cross.  Again, my bad.  

2) The brain is running a little slow since last weekend.  Good trip back to the old stomping grounds of SDSU with a bunch of increasingly insignificant and out of touch fellow ex-jacks.  Nothing makes you feel older than going back to the old college bars feeling like your "that old dude" in the bar.  By the way, much of my slowness is due to that "little birdie", Btown.

3) Why is uncbears on here and how much money does he have on Wester Ill?  Last I checked we used your teams as practice dummies both on the football field and basketball court (as hard as that is to believe) before just avoiding hitting your arses with the door on your way out to Small Sky country.  Maybe head over to some of their chat rooms and tell them about potential Heisman candidates and pre-season all conference players.  I'm sure they'll find it just as interesting...and by that I mean not interesting at all.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

3) Why is uncbears on here and how much money does he have on Wester Ill?  Last I checked we used your teams as practice dummies both on the football field and basketball court (as hard as that is to believe) before just avoiding hitting your arses with the door on your way out to Small Sky country.  Maybe head over to some of their chat rooms and tell them about potential Heisman candidates and pre-season all conference players.  I'm sure they'll find it just as interesting...and by that I mean not interesting at all.
              Take it easy brother. I just wanted to add a little insight to the game because we played W.Illinois the previous two seasons. Am I not welcome?

Comment

My apologies for the rudeness.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                  Couple things.

1) My bad on the toll booths, but in my defense they aren't just limited to the Chicago area.  Any crossing from WI to IL requires paying a toll - even over by Madison.  I have relatives in the Quad cities and stop for 3 tolls every time I go.  Same for crossing from Indiana to IL - tolls at every cross.  Again, my bad.  

2) The brain is running a little slow since last weekend.  Good trip back to the old stomping grounds of SDSU with a bunch of increasingly insignificant and out of touch fellow ex-jacks.  Nothing makes you feel older than going back to the old college bars feeling like your "that old dude" in the bar.  By the way, much of my slowness is due to that "little birdie", Btown.

I have missed MJA's wisdom. As for apoligizing to guests, I can't recommend it when the individual comes on here talking about the attributes of the competition without giving the SDSU players any credit for what they have accomplished. My advice, take it or leave it, comment on the challenge that awaits a better team on the road. Don't come in here and pipe up about the accolades of an opponent without giving due credit to the host. GJ may want to take that apology back. I'm with MJA here.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I believe unc did not intentionally degrade SDSU and our chances in Macomb, and was merely a little abrasive in what he was trying to say. I'm a die hard jacks fan and will be forever, but those comments were a little on the rude side. And as far as the toll booth thing, anyone who cares can look up a map of Illinois on Mapquest and look at all the highways marked in green. If you travel on that road, then you'll have to pay a toll. Simple as that.

Comment

[quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1171752576/30#34 date=1186076714]Couple things.

I have missed MJA's wisdom.  As for apoligizing to guests, I can't recommend it when the individual comes on here talking about the attributes of the competition without giving the SDSU players any credit for what they have accomplished.  My advice, take it or leave it, comment on the challenge that awaits a better team on the road.  Don't come in here and pipe up about the accolades of an opponent without giving due credit to the host.  GJ may want to take that apology back.  I'm with MJA here.[/quote]

Easy fellas, Did someone pee in the cheerios? I went back and read uncbears comments. I do not find them offensive. Nothing wrong with what was written or how it was approached, in my opinion. I know I have disagreed with lots of posts sometimes its is best to ignore, it's not personal.
                      We...ARE...STATE!
                      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

[quote author=MilwaukeeJacksAlum link=1171752576/30#34 date=1186076714]Couple things.

I have missed MJA's wisdom.  As for apoligizing to guests, I can't recommend it when the individual comes on here talking about the attributes of the competition without giving the SDSU players any credit for what they have accomplished.  My advice, take it or leave it, comment on the challenge that awaits a better team on the road.  Don't come in here and pipe up about the accolades of an opponent without giving due credit to the host.  GJ may want to take that apology back.  I'm with MJA here.[/quote]

We haven't played the bunnies in a while so I don't know what kind of team you'll have but I've seen W.Illinois take on the Bears twice in the past couple years. I saw this kid play so I know what he can do. My post has nothing to do with knocking the bunnies. Geeshh...take it easy.

Comment

Thanks uncbear for stopping by and giving us the heads up on the Western Illinois running back. Mr. Donaldson appears to have talent, and I hope he is not a dominate factor in the game on August 30. I have not seen any SDSU fans, me included, who have taken time to look at Western Illinois prospectus for this season.

I feel this season will be a tough one with new opponents and you hope we got a video exchange in place with each one. I think SDSU will have their work cut out for them with both Youngstown and Western Ill. I just don't see any easy wins this coming year. The polls are nice, but until we start playing the game, we really don't know how much talent we have on the field.

Seems like uncbear has been posting here for a long time and is hardly offensive. Why should we drive him away and kill his curosity about SDSU?

Comment

The D-Line has already been watching film of Donaldson. They are well aware of his ability. The D-Line will slow him down and with the athletic group of linebackers we have this year, they will be making lots of tackles.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                              The D-Line has already been watching film of Donaldson. They are well aware of his ability. The D-Line will slow him down and with the athletic group of linebackers we have this year, they will be making lots of tackles.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
                              Exactly, what I meant to say but a little more diplomatic. Our guys will be looking forward to the challenge, I am sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan

Go Jacks  !!!!!!!
                                This is good news.

Comment

Working...
                                X