Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Illinois

Originally posted by reveroo View Post
    As I recall, we were having this same discussion at the beginning of the year last year regarding Andy K. and the start he had. People were questioning whether he was the right choice at QB because of some of the "mistakes" he made during the games. Well, I think Berry will grow and mature each start he makes, and I also believe he is a 'gamer', and as he becomes more confident in his role as the #1 qb, he too will play like we need him too. I look for better things from Ryan against Youngstown.

I am not calling for Berry to not start. I am sticking up for him in that I think the play calling at times was a little strange. I thought there should have been many more shorter passes, as when he threw those, he looked alot more comfortable. When I said that is something the coaches need to look at, I meant their play-calling, not their depth chart.

Comment

Berry is undoubtedly on a very short leash this week and my guess is that he knows it. If he responds with some definite progress in the first quarter of next Saturday's game great, if not, Stigs has got to pull the trigger.

Hey it's a brutal buisness and you only get so much time to show your stuff. If you don't.. well there is always somebody ready willing and able who not only wants to but will.

Comment

Unfortunately you are correct. Hope things progress this week, but if they don't you have to make changes...

Comment

Originally posted by reveroo View Post
          As I recall, we were having this same discussion at the beginning of the year last year regarding Andy K. and the start he had. People were questioning whether he was the right choice at QB because of some of the "mistakes" he made during the games. Well, I think Berry will grow and mature each start he makes, and I also believe he is a 'gamer', and as he becomes more confident in his role as the #1 qb, he too will play like we need him too. I look for better things from Ryan against Youngstown.
          YEPPER, I too recall this dialogue. No doubt Berry is our QB until its announced otherwise.
          You can't dump it all on one guy for a lost football game. Other mistakes were made as the video is being broken down and reviewed so no doubt all of the team have things to work on. If you are fortunate to hear Coach Stig on the radio or a booster meeting this week, I doubt he will say anything that suggests his QB lost the game.

Comment

Like a lot of you, I was more than upset with our qb play last Thursday, but allowed myself to cool down a bit, and once I did, I recalled last year when we played Wis.-Lacrosse. There, we were the new Div-I team playing a D-III team on our home turf, and we loose. Now that's a much worse loss than last Thursday, loosing to an established D-I team in an established conference. And don't forget, Kardoes was pulled from that game, and after that, he went on to have a great year. Let's give Berry at least one more game to prove himself. He may surprise us. Just trying to put a lighter spin on things.

Comment

Working...
            X