A question for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for you guys

Hey, I can't seem to find bisonville.com. Has anybody seen it? It's black and green and yellow and was last seen this afternoon when we got power back in Manhattan

Seriously, can anybody get the bisonville.com page to load? The web site of the company that hosts the page is not loading either. Made me think the company had gone belly up but then I remembered that this site is hosted by the same guys. Odd.

Re: A question for you guys

This site has been hit or miss all day. I have been to Bisonville a couple of times and had no prob. not sure what is up.

Comment

Tony:
      Here is the the error message I receive a time or two today. It never dawned on me that you were in the Big Apple. That got to be exciting if not hectic. Megavision is my local server.

Dear Megavision:

I got this error message and it says to notify the cache administrator

ERROR
      The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed
      The system returned:

(61) Connection refused
      The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is "info@megavision.com".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:39:06 GMT by proxy.megavision.com (squid/2.5.STABLE3)

Comment

I'm guessing there are some links in the chain that are broken. Probably timing out on me. At least I can get this site to come up.

BTW, here are the teams that are joining DII next to replace NDSU and SDSU:

North Georgia College and State University.
        Claflin University (SC).
        State University of New York at Cobleskill.
        California State University, Monterey Bay.
        Newman University (KS).
        Notre Dame de Namur University (CA).

I kind of doubt any of them have a football team.

Comment

Tony,

You forgot the four Puerto Rico schools, including UPRRP. D2 will now have their own IUPUI.

This was from The Forum article on 7/30/2003:

The new members include four from Puerto Rico -- University of Puerto Rico at Bayamon, Cayey, Mayaguez and Rio Piedras. The others are Goldey-Beacom College, Green Mountain College, Holy Family College, North Greenville College (N.C.), Nyack College and the University of Sciences of Philadelphia.

Back to the original question- This site was real slow a few times last night, and when I would try to get in a specific forum it wouldn't always load. The main Bisonville page wouldn't load a couple times last night. No problems on either site today.

Comment

Actually the schools that the Forum listed are fully DII. The six schoools I listed are the "freshmen class" of DII schools and are in their exploratory year of DII. The NAIA is all but merging with DII - it kind of makes sense, especially for NAIA schools without football. Even a fairly strong football conference like the DAC 10 would have trouble competing in DII football even if they drop the scholarship limit down to 24.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
              I'm guessing there are some links in the chain that are broken. Probably timing out on me. At least I can get this site to come up.

BTW, here are the teams that are joining DII next to replace NDSU and SDSU:

North Georgia College and State University.
              Claflin University (SC).
              State University of New York at Cobleskill.
              California State University, Monterey Bay.
              Newman University (KS).
              Notre Dame de Namur University (CA).

I kind of doubt any of them have a football team.
              Tony,

How was your "sort of" vacation? Glad you are back. The good news is, if you can only get to this site, it is a GREAT DAY to be with the Rabbits! ;D

Go State!

Comment

Tony,

So there's still a chance that NDSU could play UPRRP in BB or whatever sports they have this year? ;D ;D

The Puerto Rico schools might end up doing fairly well in baseball. I would laugh if a national championship in D2 went to a school that's not even in the United States.

Comment

Working...
                X