Why my name is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my name is ...

I posted part of this on another thread, and then thought it might be better as its own thread. I think there are some pretty fun monikers on the board, and I bet they have some good stories behind them. So, here's mine:

My moniker comes from a group of friends that used to sit at the west end of Frost from about 1979 through 85. I began sitting there as a senior in high school after a series of knee surgeries. I think it was in 83-84 season that we got our first set of matching shirts. That was a blast!! we got to know some of the players from other teams, and were told on more than one occasion that they loved playing in front of good-natured fans for the other team that got on their case, but understood how the game was played. I took that as a jab at USD. We also got to know the refs, I don't think they liked us as much. I still have my shirt.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Why my name is ...

Great idea. Quite a few of them make me laugh. I would love to hear the stories.

I also wish sometimes that I would have come up with one!

Comment

I'll bet you can't figure out where I got my moniker

Well, the good news is I recently moved from Vermillion ;D.
      The bad news is my fiance still lives there  :'(

Comment

Rabbit in Vermintown
        If she stayed, are you sure she's the one? ;D ;D ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm sure. She's a State grad and loves SDSU. Just so happens SDSU does not have a Physical Therapy progam. :-/

Comment

Totally understand. I went there for law school - which my son still holds against me. Not the lawyer thing, the USD thing.

Comment

Well, the moniker idea went down like Kerry in the South. How about we add stories as to why you have chosen the picture you did? Some of you them make me wonder where & why they came from. Let us in on the story!!!

Comment

Working...
              X