Questions for Fullerton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Fullerton

BSC Commish Fullerton is supposed to be KWSN tomorrow at 3:20 (I think). Why don't we all suggest some REAL questions for Craig and Mike to throw at him. Oh he**, lets give him some questions we know he can't ask.

Mine would be, "Doug, you ignorant slut. What the he** where those guys smoking in the cigar room? It definitely wasn't smuggled Cuban cigars."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Questions for Fullerton

I would just like to see craig and mike ask his some real questions like journalists and not ask him questions they already know the answer to. I just don't think that is the format of their show. I will probably listen, but it wil be the same bulls**t we already heard.
    One more thing, remember about a week ago when mike told all of us to listen to the montana bball announcer who had first hand knowledge that the dakota schools were in the BSC. Nice Try.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I didn't want this to be a bash Craig and Mike thread, it was supposed to be a bash the BSC Presidents thread. Just thought it might be a fun way to vent some frustration.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think the key word offered by Fullerton is this ... consensus. Fullerton said they were looking for consensus among the presidents of the BSC.

Trying to get a consensus among academic types is like trying to take care of a tropical plant. It's an extremely difficult thing to do.

Comment

Alumguy is right. I'm an academic, and I cannot tell you how much BS I have had to listen to in faculty meetings, etc. It drives me crazy. That's one reason I was worried about this process.

The idea of finding consensus is a nice one. It almost never happens. There are winners and losers in most real world debates. "Consensus," particularly in an academic setting, usually means a completely watered-down, unworkable compromise or an agreement not to do anything. Essentially, when you seek consensus, you're saying that a minority, or even one obstinate participant, can derail the proposal on the table.

If academics would just take votes and allow the majority to rule, rather than relying on pie-in-the-sky "consensus", we wouldn't be in this pickle. And I wouldn't be watching precious hours of my life slip away from me laboring on a committee trying to revise our curriculum for the third consecutive year with no sign of "consensus" in the offing. Ugh.

Comment

Who cares what Fullerton has to say.  I want to hear from Ron Bertovich, Commissioner of the Mid-Continent. Mike can you work on that for us.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

You guys need to back off of Fullerton and the Big Sky Presidents about this decision (except Sac and PSU).  Think about the situation Fullerton was put in for this expansion.  The most important thing for him is to protect the viability of the BSC, and that includes competitivness, but also the bball autobid.  All you have been asking why the two weakest members have the ability to tell the rest of the conference what to do, well the bball bid is the answer.  If Sac and PSU say its us or the dakotas, then the rest of the conference has no choice, because thats the same as saying its the bball bid or the dakotas.  What was Fullerton supposed to do about this?  Be a "man", and throw the bball bid away to appease SDSU and NDSU, who are still in the transition years?  Reading some of these comments makes me shake my head about how little people think about things before trying and finding the easiest target guilty, having absoulutely no idea whats really going on.  If SDSU and NDSU were in year 4 of the transition, then the conference would be able to tell Sac and PSU to go screw themselves, because they wouldn't need them anymore, and if they wanted to leave the rest of the Presidents could hold the door for them.  The whole "consensus" had to be created to ensure the survival of the Bball bid.

Don't bash fullerton for this, he was probably trying his best behind the scenes to get Sac and PSU to accept the dakota's.

Comment

Dr. Oien is also going to be on today's show.

http://www.kwsn.com/stream.php

Go State! ;D

Comment

Excellent point Rabbit85. I hadn't considered the fact that if Sac St and Portland St were out and the Dakota's were in that the Big Sky would lose its autobid in Mens BB because the Big Sky wouldn't have 7 members eliglible for the tournament.

But it still pisses me off that Sac and Port were able to keep us out.

Comment

"You guys" seems a little too encompassing, how about just "some of you guys...."

I have nothing bad to say about Fullerton, after all, he is just the messenger.  I only hope he is open and forthright about the exact reasons for considering only UNC at this time and whether or not there is any real chance for further expansion to the east in the future.  Don't string us along, just tell us where the BSC stands by consensus.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                      Dr. Oien is also going to be on today's show.

http://www.kwsn.com/stream.php

Go State!  ;D
                      No access to audio for me. Someone please provide a rough transcription highlighting the main points. Thanks.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

"You guys" seems a little too encompassing, how about just "some of you guys...."

I have nothing bad to say about Fullerton, after all, he is just the messenger.  I only hope he is open and forthright about the exact reasons for considering only UNC at this time and whether or not there is any real chance for further expansion to the east in the future.  Don't string us along, just tell us where the BSC stands by consensus.
                        You hit the nail on the head.  The anger and shock felt by most SDSU and NDSU fans stems from a sense that we were mislead.  They set up all this criteria, had us fill out questionnaires, jump through hoops just to let Sac State and PSU have a de facto veto and really vote just on geography.  :

Comment

JackMD-

You're correct, I should have been more precise with who I was talking too. I had just gotten done reading the 18 pages on Bisonville just blasting Fullerton and the Big Sky, so this post probably would have done more good over there, as there wasn't nearly the same response on this board, only a few members grumbling about the decision, which is understandable. I'll be more careful who I address my comments to in the future!

Comment

Has Fullerton or Oien been on yet? Can't get to a radio...What have they said?

Comment

They have both been on. Fullerton said that some schools used talk of expansion as a "cover" and that they really didn't want to expand. He also went on to say that SDSU and NDSU had Presidents really pushing for us. He said it all came down to UNC being near Denver. He also said that consensus meant unanimous.

Dr. Oien said that we will move forward, he talked about the Mid-Con and Horizon League. He said things will be different in 6 months, and will be different again in 12 months. We just need to be patient. "You don't ask to get into a conference, you are invited".

Chin up Jackrabbits, Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X