Creighton - Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton - Baseball

Anyone planning on attending the game Tuesday night?

Re: Creighton - Baseball

I'm going to do my best to try and attend the game. Does it start at 6?

Comment

According to the baseball schedule the game starts at 6PM and I have not heard anything different. I plan on showing up around 5:30 and will be wearing an SDSU Basketball cap and will be bringing a glove as well. Look me up if you wish, the more the merrier. ;D ;D

Comment

I plan on being there, hoping for much better weather than last weeks game. I think we should get a great crowd.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com

Jacks back in Sioux Falls Tuesday

Division I baseball returns to Sioux Falls Stadium Tuesday for the second time in a week as South Dakota State hosts Creighton (Neb.).

First pitch between the Jackrabbits and the Missouri Valley Conference-leading Bluejays is set for 6 p.m. Gates will open at 4:30 p.m. . . .

This should be a good test as the Bluejays sit atop the Missouri Valley Conference. CU is 11-4 in the MVC and coming off a win over perennial power Wichita State. The Bluejays are 31-10 overall and ranked #33 by the NCBWA (National College Baseball Writers Association). So get out and back the Jacks!

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bluejays!  ;D

Comment

Schaecher Shuts Down Shockers in 10-1 Baseball Win
            http://www.theomahachannel.com/sport...50/detail.html

POSTED: 10:32 am CDT April 25, 2005

The Creighton baseball team salvaged the final game of a three-game series against Wichita State with a 10-1 victory Sunday afternoon in Wichita, Kan. The Bluejays used a seven-run ninth inning to pull away and remain in first place with a 11-4 MVC record and 31-10 overall.

Adam Schaecher got the start and pitched seven solid innings, only allowing a seventh inning run to the Shockers. The junior did not strike out a batter and walked one in giving up six hits while earning his fourth victory of the season.

The Bluejays took a 2-0 lead in the third inning. Tony Daniel notched a lead-off single and was moved over to second on Brad Dutton's 14th sacrifice bunt of the year. Daniel moved to third on Tony Roth's ground out and scored on a base hit up the middle by Colin Shockey.

Zach Daeges single to put two runners on. Dan Norquist also knocked a single to score Shockey from second base. Daeges and Norquist were left in scoring position when Gabe Lapito stuck out to end the threat.

Wichita State scored its first run in the seventh inning when Damon Sublett doubled to deep centerfield on the first pitch of the inning. With two outs, Tad Reida sent the ball to right field allowing Sublett to score. Reida was run down trying to advance to second on the throw in from the outfield to end the inning.

CU took another two run lead in the eighth inning. Jim Hinrichs worked a one-out walk and moved to third base on a single by Chase Odenreider. With runners at the corners, Tony Daniel laid a sacrifice bunt down the first base line and Hinrichs slide under the tag at the plate to score CU's third run of the day.

The Jays put the game away with a seven-run ninth inning highlighted by a three-run pinch hit double off the bat of Dave Schultz and two run home run by Daniel.

Creighton had a season-high 17-hits in Sunday's game after managing 11-hits in the first two games of the series. The Bluejays put the lead-off man on base in six of the nine innings and left six runners in scoring position.

Creighton will travel to Sioux Falls, S.D. for a mid-week non-conference game against the Jackrabbits of South Dakota State. The game will be played at Canaries Stadium in Sioux Falls with the first pitch scheduled for 6 p.m. The CU-SDSU game can be heard on KHLP (1420 AM) in the Omaha area or on the internet at www.gocreighton.com.

Game Notes: Creighton is 22-0 this season when leading after seven innings ... The Jays are 25-0 when scoring five runs or more and 11-0 when scoring double digits ... CU is now 16-1 when wearing its white uniforms this season ... The Shockers had two players get hit in the head during the game, in the second inning Adam Schaecher hit Danny Jackson in the helmet on a 0-2 pitch and in the fifth inning, Zach Daeges lined a ball back at starting pitcher Jereme Foster that nicked him below the eye, both players were able to stay in the game but both Jackson was pulled before his next at-bat and Foster did not come out to pitch the sixth inning.

**Information taken from http://gocreighton.com

Comment

Complete Game Notes

http://gocreighton.com/

Complete Game Notes

• The 30th-ranked Creighton Bluejays will travel to Sioux Falls, S.D., for a neutral site game against South Dakota State on Tuesday evening. The game will be played at Canaries Stadium with the first pitch set for 6 p.m.

• The Bluejays are 2-0 against the Jackrabbits this season, sweeping a doubleheaderin Omaha, 13-0 and 3-2.

• While CU dropped out of the Collegiate Baseball poll, the Jays moved up four spots to 30th in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association poll.

• Brad Dutton’s 15 sacrifice bunts match his total of last season. The senior’s 30 career sac bunts are the second most all-time in Creighton history.

• Head coach Ed Servais is two wins shy of recording his 250th career college coaching victory (248-116-1).

• Creighton’s bullpen has a 19-2 record this season and a 2.80 ERA.

• The Jays are 25-0 when scoring five runs or more in a game this season, including 11-0 when putting double-digits on the scoreboard.

About The Opponent
              South Dakota State enters the game 12-27 in its first year at the Division I level. Last Wednesday, the Jackrabbits pushed Minnesota to extra innings before finally falling, 19-13. SDSU has won five of its last eight ball games. The Jackrabbits are still looking for their first win against a MVC opponent (0-7) but have posted a victory against Notre Dame this season.
              As a team, SDSU is hitting .271. Greg Geary (.315) and Tony Lane (.306) are the only players hitting above .300. Geary has hit eight home runs and driven in 38 runs. The Jackrabbits pitching staff has compiled a 8.10 ERA with the opponents hitting .337 off them.

Listen Up!
              Tuesday’s game against the Jackrabbits will be broadcast on KHLP (1420 AM) and on the internet at http://gocreighton.com/. Brad Burwell and Yano Mangiameli will call the action from Canaries Stadium.
              During the entire 2005 season, 38 regular season games, including all road games, and the ConAgra Foods Missouri Valley Conference Tournament will be broadcast live on the radio and webcast on the internet.

Live stats
              Live stats for all of Creighton’s home games this season can be accessed at CU’s home page on the internet at http://gocreighton.com/

Comment

Anyone got an update for me? I can't KBRK or the Creighton station.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  Anyone got an update for me?  I can't KBRK or the Creighton station.

Go State!  ;D
                  Any word on the game?

Comment

According to the Creighton Fan board Final Score is CU 13 - SDSU 1. DH tomorrow with Southwest Minnesota State at Bob Shelden.

Go State!

Comment

Creighton wins Sioux Falls matchup with Jacks
                      SIOUX FALLS -- Creighton (Neb.) scored in every inning but the fourth en route to a 13-1 victory over South Dakota State in college baseball action Tuesday night at Sioux Falls Stadium.

The Bluejays, who are receiving votes in NCAA Division I national polls, improved to 32-10 overall. SDSU dropped to 12-28.

Creighton jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning and made it 8-0 before the Jackrabbits scored their lone run of the game in the bottom of the sixth. Tim Hanigan led off the sixth for SDSU with a double, moved to second on a groundout and scored on a sacrifice fly by Greg Geary.

Five different players accounted for SDSU's five hits.

Chris Gradoville hit a two-run homer for the Bluejays in the second inning off Jackrabbit starter Francisco Torres (1-6) and Dave Schultz added a two-run shot in the eighth inning. Schultz ended the game a triple shy of a cycle as he went 4-for-6 with a single, two doubles and home run, scored three times and drove in three runs.

Colin Shockey, Zach Dages and Gradoville all had two hits apiece as the Bluejays pounded out 14 hits.

Walks hurt the Jackrabbits as four SDSU pitchers combined to issue 10 free passes. Five of the batters who walked came around to score.

Eric Wordekemper, who was on a pre-determined pitch count, was credited with the victory after working a perfect first two innings. He struck out four of the six hitters he faced.

SDSU closes out the home season Wednesday with a doubleheader against Southwest Minnesota State. First pitch at Bob Shelden Field in Brookings is scheduled for 3 p.m.

Creighton (Neb.) 13, SDSU 1
                      CU 121 013 122 13-14-1
                      SDSU 000 001 000 1-5-0
                      Creighton: Eric Wordekemper, Tony Bilek (3), Trevor Benson (6), Brandon Bird (8), Matt Buckingham (9) and Chris Gradoville, Matt Goliber (8). SDSU: Francisco Torres, Tyson Bothof (4), Dalton Decker (5), Josh Elliott (6) and Kyle Sytsma.
                      W-Wordekemper (3-0). L-Torres (1-6). HR: CU-Chris Gradoville (2), Dave Schultz (1).

Comment

It's too bad the weather didn't cooperate. It was very brisk. I haven't seen an attendance figure, but I estimate 250 fans, not bad considering. I know about 4 others that would have gone if it was warm and they aren't big fans.

I was bummed that there was no beer sales :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                          It's too bad the weather didn't cooperate.  It was very brisk.  I haven't seen an attendance figure, but I estimate 250 fans, not bad considering.  I know about 4 others that would have gone if it was warm and they aren't big fans.

I was bummed that there was no beer sales :-/
                          Offical attendence was 351 (a far cry from the 1,073 that went to the Minnesota game last week).  Also as a side note, they do serve beer at Wichita State's games at their on campus stadium (however they do not serve beer at their basketball games).  You may have seen it last night the Shockers beat Oklahoma on ESPN2.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I thought the NCAA prohibited beer sales at ALL events, I have never been to a college football or basketball game with beer sales, and have attended the College World Series in Omaha the last three years and there are no beer sales inside the stadium.

Comment

I was a little surprised by it too, but I have purchased beer at Eck Stadium (on more then one occasion) myself.  I have heard rumors that beer is sold at some UNC events but can not confirm this through first hand knowledge.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X