SKI BOX SHOW WNAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKI BOX SHOW WNAX

I caught the tailend of the Sky Box show hosted by Steve Emming and Jim Rider(I think). There was a caller who identified himself as "Fred", and he brought up the old and dated question about SDSU moving to D1. Steve in his calm demeanor did an excellent job explaining SDSU's position in making this decision. Steve said at first he too had questioned the move, but after all the facts and reasons for making the move were revealed Steve said he thought it was the right time for the move. He elaborated on the long term reasons.

This Fred guy mentioned the 325 crowd number at the Creighton ball game. Steve said he went back and looked at U of Minnesotas attendence for home games, and the Gophers have barely drawn 900 average for home games.

Steve also mentioned that with home schedule in basketball this coming year, the attendence should start to return this coming season, maybe not back to where the USD-SDSU games, but he mentioned UW-Milwaukee as a team that could draw a good crowd.

My own take is that this 'Fred" probably was a USD grad even though he cleverly stated he attended college out of state.

It was an interesting exchange, and Steve has and continues to good job representing SDSU. Of course the broadcasting agreement between WNAX-SDSU may influence his comments, but it would be economic suicide to bad mouth SDSU like "Fred" thought he should

This a good program and is sandwiched in between the Twins games, but is on Monday and Thursday at 6PM.

Re: SKI BOX SHOW WNAX

Opps, I just noticed that when I started this thread a few days ago, I type SKI when I meant SKY as in SKY Box WNAX's radio sports talk show. I guess a spell checker would have never caught that one, so no one not even a computer tool can be blamed for that bad. >

Comment

Working...
    X