NDSU - Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU - Baseball

Game 3 of the sereies (Sunday game 1 of DH)

Bottom of the Third

SDSU1 - NDSU 1

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison! ;D

Comment

I see that today's SDSU vs NDSU softball game in Brookings got snowed out.  Today's baseball games up in Fargo may suffer the same fate. No movement on the Live stats in some time now.  

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bison!  ;D

Comment

Quitters, oh well Bison finally beat the Jacks.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=118888

Comment

Weather is why you will see only Southern and West Coast teams play in the CWS in the future. The Northern schools are at a HUGE disadvantage.  

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison
            Quitters, oh well Bison finally beat the Jacks.

Man that is a weak way to win a ball game. Oh well the Jackrabbits win the season series 5 games to 1.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

I am up visiting in ND and the weather Sunday was cold and at time snow showers. I am a little disappointed that we gave up so easy. I heard today a KFGO radio announcer poke a little fun at SDSU for getting on the bus and not wanting to play because of the weather. This has been crazy weather from ND to Nebraska, but its part of the spring season. There must have been other considerations though. ???

Comment

I don't fault Reggie at all.  As a matter of fact I am sure he was looking out for the best interests of his players.  I think he did the right thing.

NDSU fans really ought to be embarrassed that their school is trying to count this game as a win.  :-[    

Trying to play on in snow storms and freezing weather just because their 3-34-1 team might win a game that is tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 3rd.  :'(  

The SDSU Women's Softball team was leading 5-2 in Brookings against the Bison and the game was called, for the same weather conditions, and there were no concerns as to who won or lost. The weather conditions were not appropriate for a game, so the game was called off.

The game was stopped for a 43 min. snow delay.   Go Bison.com (the offical web site of NDSU athletics) called it "driving snow out of the north."  Go Bison went on to say "Game time temperature was near 40 degrees and the temperature dipped into the upper 30s near the time of cancellation."

The Fargo Forum reported:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...552§ion=Sports

Weather halts area games
                Forum staff reports, The Forum
                Published Monday, May 02, 2005

Several area events were either canceled or postponed Sunday due to weather conditions.    

North Dakota State's softball doubleheader against South Dakota State was canceled due to snow. The games were scheduled to be the season finale for SDSU.  .  .  .

The second day of the Minnesota State Mankato softball tournament was canceled because of what tournament officials called, "extreme weather conditions."

Both Minnesota State Moorhead and the University of North Dakota were scheduled to finish the tournament Sunday.

The UND baseball team's doubleheader against Nebraska-Omaha was rescheduled for noon today.

So as you can see everyone else in a three state area called off their games. Only one desperte team "needed" to play on. How ridiculous. I know we had beaten them 5 times in a row by a combined 38 runs to 8 but to play on in those conditions, when no one else is, just because they might win is foolish.

On top of that NDSU had a water main break in their outfieled the day before so I am pretty sure field conditions were not ideal.

This picture was taken before it got bad.  

Face it, this is a case of a team desperate to claim victory at any price.  Who knows maybe I would feel the same way if I was their Coach and my team was 3-34-1, and my fans were calling for my head.  Still, I would  be embarrassed if I were a NDSU fan that we needed to resort to this, to claim a victory.  :-[ :'(

Last thing to think about, what would the NDSU coach have done if the Bison had been down by say 4 runs?

Go Jackrabbits!  ;D

Comment

Thanks 89rabbit. I had not looked at it from all those angles, but I get your point.  Too bad the Fargo Dome currently can't be set up for baseball, but I would think it has the area and height for that purpose.  I would like SDSU to have a indoor baseball facility like they have at the U of Maine, which I suppose is decades into the future if one is being planned.

A later start of the season would definitely help us in the Dakotas in terms of weather.

Comment

In the most recent top 25 baseball poll there was one team (# 5 Nebraska) that wasn't a Southern or West Coast team.

Comment

Working...
                    X