SDSU Wellness Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Wellness Center

I have a copy of the master plan and it is public. I also have three tests today (Calc III, Physics, and environmental conservation) but will try and get back tomorrow with information on the track

Comment

Calc III and Physics? Sounds like fun. You couldn't pay me to take those classes.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente
        I have a copy of the master plan and it is public. I also have three tests today (Calc III, Physics, and environmental conservation) but will try and get back tomorrow with information on the track
        Good luck on the tests!

If you've got a free minute, ask someone in the Administration to put the plan (at least the executive summary) on the Web - - or, if it's already out there somewhere, find out what the link is and post it here. I think lots of alumni and friends would like to see what's in store.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente
          What kind of mean professors give tests during Thanksgiving week?

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
            What kind of mean professors give tests during Thanksgiving week?
            Mean, evil, vicious ones with Christopher Walken avatars . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You got to like a student body president ... faced with three tests ... taking the time to post on this board.

Comment

Alumguy-Brunner is a freak of nature and does not require sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                  Mean, evil, vicious ones with Christopher Walken avatars . . .
                  No exams from me this week. Honest. Not even a quiz. I have learned that even when students are physically present during Thanksgiving week, they're really not 'present'.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                    No exams from me this week. Honest. Not even a quiz. I have learned that even when students are physically present during Thanksgiving week, they're really not 'present'.
                    Heh. How true.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I would like to see this master plan made public on the internet with an ETA. You can have the scholarships endowed, but if recruits find better facilities elsewhere, well then we're still up the creek, doesn't matter what sport.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                        I would like to see this master plan made public on the internet with an ETA. You can have the scholarships endowed, but if recruits find better facilities elsewhere, well then we're still up the creek, doesn't matter what sport.
                        Facilities are a nice selling point, but pretty low on the list of most recruits when it comes to chosing a college.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

The current plan has the track located North of the current tailgating area. That field north of the trees. It also has the athletic development center and multisport indoor practice facility located just North of the current stadium starting where the tree line is at the back of the endzone. Keep in mind these things change as campus develops. As far as completion date it will all vary depending on facility specific gifts and athletic needs.

Comment

I still think we should all push to get these plans on the internet and let people see what needs to be done. If they see a clear vision for the future they might get excited and give some more dollars.

Comment

Students OK fee hike for SDSU rec center
                              Group proposed increase to ensure $12M building meets intramural needs

RANDY HASCALL
                              rhascall@argusleader.com

December 9, 2005, 2:55 am

South Dakota State University students are taking matters into their own hands in an effort to build recreation and wellness facilities they say they need.

The SDSU Students' Association will recommend to the Board of Regents next week that it approve a $12 million construction plan and support an increase in the general activity fee to help pay for it.

The university was proposing a $6 million project, but student leaders said that plan fell short of needs.

"We didn't think it was adequate based on campus needs," student President Ryan Brunner said. "We stepped forward and said we're willing to raise the general activity fee."

SDSU students are stepping up and doing there part in making SDSU a first class D1 campus. Hopefully other people will continue to step up as well.

Comment

Way to go students!!   Nice job el_presidente !!

Comment

Working...
                                X