Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-Con Ivite speculation

Originally posted by ORUTerry
    My sources (and they are good) tell me that both Dakota schools will be offered membership into the Mid-Con. I guess they staggered the announcement dates so that each school could have its day in the sun.

Welcome to the conference....

http://orusports.com/talk/index.php

Thanks!  ORUTerry is a great source,  so this is great news!   [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Go State!  

P.S. ORUTerry, welcome to our board, and thanks for posting this great news!

Comment

Just back from Sioux Falls and despite another Twin's loss to KC I am one happy guy. Must say that while listening to Mike_H on the way up he sure seemed please that SDSU and NDSU had been left to wonder while IPFW celebrated. He was trying to taunt Scotty K but Scotty kept his cool.

One of my colleagues was out in Wagner and a patient told him that Craig and Mike said SDSU and NDSU wouldn't be invited to the Mid-Con. Obviously, that person misunderstood what Craig and Mike said, at least the portion of the show I listened to. However, it does show that they weren't too clear about what had taken place and what might take place.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's a done deal!!!! All 3 news stations in Fargo report that sources from Fort Wayne confirm NDSU and SDSU will be added Thursday afternoon! The wait is over!

Comment

A Fort Wayne TV station confirmed that both NDSU and SDSU will have press conferences tomorrow.

Comment

Quandry, champagne now or wait until the announcement tomorrow?

Solution, beer now and beer tomorrow!!!!!! Maybe one glass of bubbly as it seems appropriate.

South Dakota State University members of the Mid-Continent conference and soon to be eligible for post-season play in all DI sports! Just the next step in a long journey to eventual success.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well its all looking good. Nothing to add here.

Comment

the people in rabbit ville and bison ville rejoice while the sioux and coyote moap around.

Comment

a little saddened to see the people in bisonville couldn't wait to hold out on this news like us rabbit fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ORUTerry
                    My sources (and they are good) tell me that both Dakota schools will be offered membership into the Mid-Con. I guess they staggered the announcement dates so that each school could have its day in the sun.

Welcome to the conference....

http://orusports.com/talk/index.php
                    Must have some similar sources as to myself. I really didn't want to say anything, but I have a few "birdies" myself (friends who have friends in place in Mid-Con).

Comment

HEADLINESHEADLINES SDSU, NDSU, IPFW are in the Mid-Continent Conference
                      Here is the report from the KSFY web page

http://www.ksfy.com/Stories/Story.cfm?SID=8088

(Sioux Falls)  The wait is over!  South Dakota State, North Dakota State, and Indiana Purdue at Fort Wayne have been invited, and will join the Mid-Continent Conference. An official announcement is expected sometime on Thursday in Brookings.  Officials with the Mid-Con announced that IPFW was in on Wednesday.  With the Jackrabbits and Bison, the Division One conference will have ten schools.  The three will start play in the Mid-Continent in the fall of 2007, and will be eligible for post-season play immediately.

(Erik Thorstenson, KSFY-TV)

Comment

I/we wish you the best in the Mid-Con starting in 2007-2008. Hopefully you become ORU's new nemesis, and beat them around a little bit after we get done with them this year :-).

Comment

A press conference has been scheduled for 9:00 this morning in Fargo!

[ftp]http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=588404[/ftp]

Still nothing at GoJacks.com!

This could be the day!

Oh, give me a home where the bufallo roam!!! PLEASE!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

This may have been posted somewhere else but the front page of the Argus paper edition has a story that I can't find on line. Press conference scheduled at 1:00 pm in Volstroff Ballroom.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Congrats, Bunnies!

It's only fitting that NDSU and SDSU get into a conference on the same day considering that our states got into the Union on the same day.

Comment

Would have mentioned it earlier, but the release was embargoed til 9:30 this morning. Sorry! --jr1

SDSU Press Release:

South Dakota State University officials will hold a media conference Thursday, Aug. 31, to discuss the future of the Jackrabbit athletics program.

The media conference is set to begin at 1 p.m. in the Volstorff Ballroom of the University Student Union.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X