Mid-Con Ivite speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-Con Ivite speculation

Plus, you already have an affiliate membership. They wouldn't have done that, as well as visit your campus, unless they were serious about bringing you in.

Comment

dunno much spent about an hour in frost and just got back over to solberg for class. one coach wasn't sure about getting in yet and kinda nervous bout things. spent the rest of the time watching volleyball team get ready for their tournament this weekend and the men's team do some lifting they look like a pretty solid bunch. and i think there was a recruit in town.

Comment

Good luck getting any sleep tonight (or tomorrow night) SDSU fans!!

I'm guessing the Mid-Con is having announcements in the order of site visits- IPFW, NDSU, SDSU.

Comment

I'm getting nervous. My sources in the athletic department aren't talking and usually their pretty open with me.  You guys are giving me nothing but an ulcer. ESPN.com is worthless at this point. I'm hoping my TiVo picked out something good for me today. Will take my mind off my studies and this damn Mid-Con lack of announcement. I wish I could watch a practice or two and really get my juices flowing for Saturday.

Go Jacks!!!
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
            I'm getting nervous. My sources in the athletic department aren't talking and usually their pretty open with me.  You guys are giving me nothing but an ulcer.
            Don't let it get to you too much. Nothing any of us can do, and I would guess that those that do know anything, have been told to say NOTHING until an official announcement is made. The last thing the AD wants is wide spread speculation that ends up wrong. The best way to avoid that is to make sure everyone that has any information, no matter how limited, says nothing.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

From the Fargo Forum Bison Blog, apparently the Dakota schools have a couple days to wait. My guess is that Steve is WDAY sports director Steve Hallstrom.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

1:55 pm

Gene Taylor says he's heard nothing, but is trying to remain optimistic since he hasn't heard a NO answer yet.

Spoke to Aaron Leavitt in the MIDCon office, he says a decision will be made within the next couple days on the Dakota Schools.

Posted by: Steve on 8/30/2006 at 1:59 PM

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Two things happening.

1. The information police are keeping us at bay

and

2. Let the countdown begin to a Mid-Con invite

Just trying to remain optimistic.
                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I love #1. Are they the same as the phone police that Johnny Fever was so terrified of? ;D ;D

Comment

All the suspension and worry makes me think of the one scene in the movie "The Firm". The character Mitch McDeere, played by Tom Cruise, when Mitch the rookie is called into the big bosses office. Mitch thinks he is the first one in the Firm to have failed the bar exam. He is anticipating bad news. As it turns out he not only passed, but got the highest score. The entire staff was on hand in the conference room to congraduate him. Maybe SDSU is sort of in a Mitch McDeere position in relation to the Mid Con.

Comment

I'm as giddy as a school girl for whats gonna happen the rest of this week.

Comment

by the way everyone should wear blue and yellow for the rest of the work week.

Comment

When is Valpo going to the Horizon? The article says that Valpo is also in the Mid-Con.

Hope our announcement is soon, but I would think the department would say something if SDSU, in fact, wasn't invited. I think they have been told to keep it quiet because we are in --- at least I hope.

Comment

Wow, what a crazy day.    I am flying back to Kansas City (from Indianapolis) tomorrow and the hours spent at the airport and on the plane just might make me crazy.  I am optimistic.

Go State!  

P.S. Valpo joins the Horizon League in '07-'08

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                              Wow, what a crazy day. I am flying back to Kansas City (from Indianapolis) tomorrow and the hours spent at the airport and on the plane just might make me crazy. I am optimistic.

Go State!

P.S. Valpo joins the Horizon League in '07-'08
                              I hear from a media source that a news conference will be held tomorrow (Thursday) at 1 p.m. in the Volstorff Ballroom. Looks like good news... stay tuned.

Comment

My sources (and they are good) tell me that both Dakota schools will be offered membership into the Mid-Con. I guess they staggered the announcement dates so that each school could have its day in the sun.

Welcome to the conference....

http://orusports.com/talk/index.php

Comment

Working...
                                X