Oklahoma dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma dual

Excited to watch Sloan Vs Woodley. Well the whole dual, but I think he can advance some rankings with a W.

Re: Oklahoma dual

If I counted correctly Flo has 6 guys from the big 12 ranked at 197. Will be interesting come conference tournament.

Comment

Matchups between ranked wrestlers include: (InterMat Wrestle)

125 - #19 Danny Vega vs. #4 Nick Piccininni
      149 - #11 Henry Pohlmeyer vs. #3 Boo Lewallen
      197 - #17 Tanner Sloan vs. #11 Dakota Geer

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

IMO this is a bad match up for Vega. Pic is nasty on top and that seems to be Vegas weakest spot. Neutral will be interesting as Vega will need at least 2 takedowns the way I see it. I like the other two matchups though. Boo is tough but Henry has been wrestling great lately. Sloan and Geer is a same style clash that could be high scoring or 3-1, I’m leaning low scoring with an me collecting a riding time point for the 2-0 win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These guys all wrestle for Oklahoma State.....

Comment

Oklahoma vs SDSU (intermat rankings)
            125- Danny Vega #19 vs Christian Moody
            133- Zach Price vs Anthony Madrigal
            141- Clay Carlson vs Dominick Demas #5
            149- Henry Pohlmeyer #11 vs Jacob Butler #20
            157- Colten Carlson vs Justin Thomas #17..Colten has lost twice to him 5-11 and 1-5
            165- Tanner Cook vs Sam Dover
            174- Cade King vs Anthony Mantanona #18
            184- Zach Carlson #15 vs Darrien Robert's
            197- Tanner Sloan #17 vs Jake Woodley #13 Tanner lost to him 3-5
            Hwt - Blake Wolters vs Josiah Jones

Comment

Interesting. Appears to be another highly contested Big 12 dual.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                These guys all wrestle for Oklahoma State.....
                I totally muffed that.

Comment

I totally muffed that.
                  I'm an Oklahoma State grad and I am used to hearing sportscasters refer to us as "Oklahoma" or the "Sooners" during football and basketball games. It's nice for them to be mistaken for Oklahoma State for a change (even though in wrestling it would be understandable). Bottom line, you're forgiven!

And more importantly, Go Jacks, beat OU!

Comment

Jacks win 23-16!

Comment

Tanner Cook is electrifying
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Tanner Cook is electrifying
                        He sure is, Sloan is fun, Vega getting better every week is fun, Pohlmeyer coming in for the close was awesome. But how about the development that Hahn and company have gotten out of Wolters over the last year and a half? Sure he isn't necessarily winning much, but he has gone from guaranteed bonus points for his opponent to literally one move away from winning, even against ranked guys. It would've been fun to see what Hahn could've got out of Macki back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post

He sure is, Sloan is fun, Vega getting better every week is fun, Pohlmeyer coming in for the close was awesome. But how about the development that Hahn and company have gotten out of Wolters over the last year and a half? Sure he isn't necessarily winning much, but he has gone from guaranteed bonus points for his opponent to literally one move away from winning, even against ranked guys. It would've been fun to see what Hahn could've got out of Macki back in the day.
                          He's improved A LOT from even last year to this year. I went from worrying he might get stuck every match to him being in every match outside of Gable. Hahn said this was his first win at Frost today. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post

He's improved A LOT from even last year to this year. I went from worrying he might get stuck every match to him being in every match outside of Gable. Hahn said this was his first win at Frost today. Crazy

IMO Gable Stevesonis a Punk B for the way he acted in frost.
                            I hope he loses to Iowa when they wrestle and to Parris (Mich) who he didn't wrestle in their Dual in the B1G Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

IMO Gable Stevesonis a Punk B for the way he acted in frost.
                              I hope he loses to Iowa when they wrestle and to Parris (Mich) who he didn't wrestle in their Dual in the B1G Tourney.
                              Gable is super super talented. Can't deny his talent even if he acted like a douche while wrestling Wolters

It's a shame that DeSanto wasn't on Iowa when they came to Frost. Frost would have went wild like they usually do. DeSanto is my favorite non-SDSU wrestler too

Comment

Working...
                              X