Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs USD Coyotes @ SCSC

Friedel playing like a freshman

Comment

This defense has been atrocious. Offense has been good

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Going in stopping Umude worried me more than anything, but other than a couple of alley-oop dunks, he has been pretty quiet.
        Im not to worried when we play in brookings, and or SF. USD has shown they only care to beat us, but they will have a hard time doing it 1 or two more times. Most likely USD will be a 3 or 4 seed. They struggle to score and play a full game except against us. Once they get full of themselves I dont see them scoring so easy next time. Everything they are throwing up is going in so it doesn't hurt being lucky.

Perterson totally got away with a charge so its just not our night. Guys like Peterson and Simpson shouldnt be able to score like that. Frustrating but it is what it is.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

"Win 'em all at home, split the road games, you'll be okay."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

USD just doesn't scare me at all if Wilson is back. The USD men haven't ever been able to win a big game in Sioux Falls.

Next year, they won't be a factor in the SL Conference race..

Comment

Defense sucks, but really like how this team has battled.

Comment

Originally posted by FeaRed View Post
                20 points at the half.... this is awkward.
                Funny how usd fans only come here when they win. Did you get that D2 little brown jug trophy yet that nobody cares about?

Comment

SDSU just isn't very deep. When USD made a run with about 6 minutes left in the first half, there were fouls by Arians and Schieieman that were tough calls. The foul Arains made was his second foul of the first half so he had to exit the game. Mims just couldn't hold up on the defensive end. Detlinger tried to hold his own inside but he needed help.
                  SDSU showed their youth. USD had 79 points scored by seniors and 20 points scored by juniors. SDSU had 6 points scored by seniors, 42 points by sophomores and 36 points by freshmen.

Comment

Doug Wilson is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      Doug Wilson is very important.
                      For people that were at the game, did he appear to be wearing any kind of brace on the knee ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        For people that were at the game, did he appear to be wearing any kind of brace on the knee ?
                        He was wearing dark sweats. It did not "look" like any bulky brace was on his leg. He did not appear to be having trouble walking during the timeouts. Hendo said in postgame that Wilson wanted to suit up for yotes game and he might be able to play some on Wednesday.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Wilson will be very important to the team's ultimate success this season. So will Key and Buchanan. The Jacks need them for depth. Owen King might be the biggest disappointment. He had the potential to be a valuable backup and maybe an occasional starter this year, but evidently he's got a foot out the door. Oh, well. That opens a position for another high-quality recruit for next season.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                            I don’t think it’s been decided. I was told if he can go, he’s playing. No holding him out for precautionary sake.
                            Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            Wilson is OUT for precautionary reasons per Hendo.

Also said Key will play 8-10 min today
                            Welp...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Welp...
                              Pretty funny huh. All I can tell you is what I was told, it 's not like it was some ground breaking info. Chit changed I guess

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                He was wearing dark sweats. It did not "look" like any bulky brace was on his leg. He did not appear to be having trouble walking during the timeouts. Hendo said in postgame that Wilson wanted to suit up for yotes game and he might be able to play some on Wednesday.
                                Tyler said during the pregame that he was under the basket rebounding shots and tossing them back to shooters. You would think that if there was any instability in the knee that he would have a brace on for that kind of activity. Hopefully a good sign.

Comment

Working...
                                X