Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs USD Coyotes @ SCSC

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Welp...
    What is the point of this post?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      What is the point of this post?
      Humor. Comedic relief from getting whooped by the yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Tyler said during the pregame that he was under the basket rebounding shots and tossing them back to shooters. You would think that if there was any instability in the knee that he would have a brace on for that kind of activity. Hopefully a good sign.
        Sounds like it was a bruise rather than any structural damage.

Comment

This squad has excelled in SL Play with exceptional ball movement leading to good looks but it just wasn't there today. Stayed in the game at first hitting 3's but when that Well dried up and misses turned into long rebounds, USD pulled away at the end of the first half. While expected Key was rusty, tending to resort to bad habits of dribbling into traps and stopping the ball movement. Hopefully he gets in sync and picks his spots on when to dribble drive and when to swing the ball. USD had a weird skid losing to lesser teams but are overall a talented team and a very tough match-up for us without Doug to guard either Umude or Hagadorn. I would predict the match-up in Frost will be much different when Key shakes the rust and Doug is back (Side Note - Definitely in the camp that it was smart to keep him out and not risk further injury).

Comment

A tip of the cap to the Yotes. They played a very strong game. They are a veteran team that has all of their players in there and healthy for the first time in a long time. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the conference and in Summit Tourney if they are healthy. Simpson was the real difference maker yesterday. Obviously, Hagedorn was on fire too. They have five players capable of scoring which means no cheating on defense.

Missing Wilson was huge but it wasn't surprising our youth showed in the game. When healthy I like our team a lot. There is a lot of reason to be optimistic. Dentlinger was unreal offensively. Defensively they will continue to improve. My guess is they will be back to work today and will be more than ready when we see them Wednesday night. We will be ready for the Bison, Wilson or not.

I like our chances in Sioux Falls.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Tough game against a veteran team.

Honestly to be 5-1 at the start of the summit season was a big surprise.

You'd expect there to be some bumps in the road at some point, and a road game against a rivalry school starting 4 seniors and a junior, while short handed is just a recipe for a loss.

Learn and grow from the loss fellas. I think we can be one of the teams to beat at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                Tough game against a veteran team.

Honestly to be 5-1 at the start of the summit season was a big surprise.

You'd expect there to be some bumps in the road at some point, and a road game against a rivalry school starting 4 seniors and a junior, while short handed is just a recipe for a loss.

Learn and grow from the loss fellas. I think we can be one of the teams to beat at the end of the season.
                Totally agreed. the race for the top 2 seeds will be fun to watch. NDSU, USD, Omaha maybe but hopefully we can hold our own.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Totally agreed. the race for the top 2 seeds will be fun to watch. NDSU, USD, Omaha maybe but hopefully we can hold our own.
                  I think you need to include Oral Roberts in the race for the top 2 seeds. If we win Wed night at home, we finish 6-2 in the first half. I dont think anyone thought that would happen. Win at home and split the road games and we will be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    I think you need to include Oral Roberts in the race for the top 2 seeds. If we win Wed night at home, we finish 6-2 in the first half. I dont think anyone thought that would happen. Win at home and split the road games and we will be up there.
                    Yes, forgot they were doing better. If we can split with NDSU and USD I like our chances. Need to hold serve at home when Omaha comes up that will be a big game.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Wilson will be very important to the team's ultimate success this season. So will Key and Buchanan. The Jacks need them for depth. Owen King might be the biggest disappointment. He had the potential to be a valuable backup and maybe an occasional starter this year, but evidently he's got a foot out the door. Oh, well. That opens a position for another high-quality recruit for next season.
                      I know that Owen is probably gone but I think he just must not fit with Hendo's plans. That happens when you hire a new coach. Of course, Howell played a lot one year and didn't play the next year so I guess it can just happen season to season.
                      Owen had 75 assists and 48 TO's last year. So far this year, Key has 72 assist and 45 TO's. I found how close those numbers really interesting. You have the seniors PG leader of the team and a true freshman with fairly similar numbers. There are some shots missed and no look passes that may go to the passer but they are close anyway. Of course, Key is much quicker and more aggressive on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I know that Owen is probably gone but I think he just must not fit with Hendo's plans. That happens when you hire a new coach. Of course, Howell played a lot one year and didn't play the next year so I guess it can just happen season to season.
                        Owen had 75 assists and 48 TO's last year. So far this year, Key has 72 assist and 45 TO's. I found how close those numbers really interesting. You have the seniors PG leader of the team and a true freshman with fairly similar numbers. There are some shots missed and no look passes that may go to the passer but they are close anyway. Of course, Key is much quicker and more aggressive on defense.
                        I think Howell didn't play that 2nd year due to injury. Someone else can correct me if that's not right.

I think you also have to take into account who King was playing with and what he was asked to do last year. I agree with you that this about a new coach, new system, etc. Sometimes things just don't work out.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I gotta say, I was very impressed with your men on Sunday. They shot the lights out. You won't lose too many games shooting 13-24 from 3 point range. It took an extraordinary shooting effort from USD to win that game--at home. I spent most of the game complaining about doubling the post leaving the 3 point shooters open, but then when we didn't double the post it seemed you had your way inside. I guess it's pick your poison. If you shoot anywhere close to that in Brookings there is no way we will win up there.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            I think Howell didn't play that 2nd year due to injury. Someone else can correct me if that's not right.

I think you also have to take into account who King was playing with and what he was asked to do last year. I agree with you that this about a new coach, new system, etc. Sometimes things just don't work out.
                            Correct. Howell was battling an injury....to his foot/feet I believe.

Comment

Working...
                            X