Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Showdown Series WBB Part 1: Jackrabbits vs yotes @ SCSC

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    There was a game a couple of years ago in Cancun or somewhere where Cincinatti dismantled them pretty thoroughly.
    Marquette last year.

Comment

Good point. But in terms of a summit league opponent I can’t remember a similar beat down in some time.

Comment

This is USD's year, they'll be tough in the NCAA Tourney. Depends on matchups if they can get to the Sweet 16 or farther.

Larson just hasn't been the go to leader, we don't have a go to player with Selland out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
          This is USD's year, they'll be tough in the NCAA Tourney. Depends on matchups if they can get to the Sweet 16 or farther.

Larson just hasn't been the go to leader, we don't have a go to player with Selland out this year.
          Agreed. Even before today it was clear this was USD’s year. They’ll be down next year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see their coach leave in the coming years too.

Comment

The Yotes came out aggressive from the get go,this is exactly the way to put the Jacks back on their heels and take them out of their game, and they did. The women just could not get much going inside, they were smothered, they were especially ready for Paiton, who is the one who gets the Jacks going usually. I could tell the perimeter shooters didn't want to take the shot ,very hesitant with their body language and the shot wasn't very smooth and confident looking and then they'd just chuck it a little bit too hurried looking ,not with the confidence they usually show, being down 20-30 pts the whole game getting to them maybe,just an observation. Jacks have great composure to come back usually, but there's a limit to it I think, about slightly above 10 is about the limit, when it's a blowout , they just get shell shocked and become ineffective, playing too hesitant at times or getting too reckless by trying to force something to happen instead of allowing, through good play, of making it happen. It's a good thing to get this game out of the way. I'd be very surprised if we let the games at Frost or (hopefully) the SLT start out this atrocious, we'll be better prepared in both those games, more fans cheering them on helps too. I believe USD is good, but letting them play with a great amount of confidence like we did today, they are really good/great. We only won one Quarter, so they pretty much dictated the whole game. with the crucial 1ST and 3RD Quarters the worst. We still have an opportunity to knock off a ranked team yet this regular season, hopefully two times, and that's the approach that's needed to pull it off. Now, we just have to play the other Summit teams all hard to keep in position to come at USD again and if we match up with them in the SLT.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-19-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Kudo's to Bultsma, much needed scoring. She had a very good game, just the added height over Paiton made a difference, she's a gritty player, great rebounder, with strong hands for grabbing the ball and keeping it, and a very pleasant surprise this season. Paiton was limited some, not her fault, she was a main focus to stop our offense and they made her day miserable in that regard every time she touched the ball. Forward and onward ladies, one game does not a season make ! Go Jacks!!

Comment

If USD gets the nod, and we don't make it to the NCAA this season, then we have to start getting the torch bearer, whoever it is, to start doing something in the tournament, so far it's only been us winning a first round game or getting to the sweet 16. I have to admit, I was very disappointed in USD last year (somewhat tempered, Duffy not 100%), as the Summits first ever at-large, not getting a first rd win last year....perhaps Dawn P was too, what with the schedule she had this season OOC. I would hope whoever gets the auto-bid makes all the Summit proud, they are the Conferences best, and should be capable of giving a good showing, if they get a very good seed particularly, like a ranked team should , if they're able to keep it until then.

Comment

I don't think that Nelson is quite back to 100% from injury and illness, but it may be time for her to start and bring Theuninck off the bench to spell Cascio-Jensen. It's easier for opponents to double down on the post when you have two guards that are unwilling to shoot the ball. Nelson gives you more length, and is more of a threat to either shoot it or take it to the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I don't think that Nelson is quite back to 100% from injury and illness, but it may be time for her to start and bring Theuninck off the bench to spell Cascio-Jensen. It's easier for opponents to double down on the post when you have two guards that are unwilling to shoot the ball. Nelson gives you more length, and is more of a threat to either shoot it or take it to the basket.
                    I like your thinking, makes.perfect sense.Maybe get an O board and put back?

Comment

Is anyone else perplexed on why Bultsma is seeing her first significant playing time in the second half of her senior year and only because of injuries. Was she that underwhelming in practice all these years? I thought she was the best player on the floor in Blue today and belongs there.She has done it now on a consistent basis that you wonder if given a chance sooner in her career she could have been a much bigger contributor. Again, she would have continued to be buried on the bench and only gotten got spot time in blowouts if not for Theisen and Selland injuries!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Is anyone else perplexed on why Bultsma is seeing her first significant playing time in the second half of her senior year and only because of injuries. Was she that underwhelming in practice all these years? I thought she 2as best player on the floor in Blue. She has done it now on a consistent basis that you wonder if given a chance sooner in her career she could have been a much bigger contributor. Again, she would have continued to be buried on the bench and only gotten got spot time in blowouts igf not for Theisen and Selland injuries!
                        I think a late bloomer in a way but seems in previous years was stuck on the depth chart and racked up fouls for the time she played. She sure is a great addition to the depth we need this year. Still feel like this team doesnt have the 3 pt threat we need like we usually have had most years.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Is anyone else perplexed on why Bultsma is seeing her first significant playing time in the second half of her senior year and only because of injuries. Was she that underwhelming in practice all these years? I thought she was the best player on the floor in Blue today and belongs there.She has done it now on a consistent basis that you wonder if given a chance sooner in her career she could have been a much bigger contributor. Again, she would have continued to be buried on the bench and only gotten got spot time in blowouts if not for Theisen and Selland injuries!
                          I thought she looked good as well. AJ is going to have to tinker during the game in Brookings and maybe find something that work will in the SL Tourney (assume we make the Championship game). Maybe that is Bultsma, Burckhard and Larson all on the floor at times. Hate to admit it, but we got worked and now know how USeD felt like all those years.

Need to find somebody that wants to attack, we miss that assertive playmaker (dang injuries).

Comment

Not really. She didn't fit into the offense until this year. And when she did get in was very underwhelming

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Agreed. Even before today it was clear this was USD’s year. They’ll be down next year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see their coach leave in the coming years too.
                              They have 5-6 pretty good players coming back and a 4-star recruit out of Nebraska coming in next year. The last losing season they have had was the 2009-2010 season, so thinking that USD will be down next year might be wishful thinking. I do not see their coach leaving for at least another three years because her son will start playing for the USD men's team next year as a sophomore. She is a very good coach!!

Comment

Bultsma has a lot of hustle and grit, shooting well, she's really hustling down the court too, she works hard and no one should diminish that, not that anyone has, just saying. She earns every second she gets on the court this season. She's put the work in and it's showing. I'm happy to see someone succeed like she has, and really, hope others on the team will too, it's not just Megan.

Comment

Working...
                                X