Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Fighting Hawks @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    And those actions if they happened took down SDSU recruiting? I hardly think so.
    No, I never said that it did. Just that is reflects really poorly on Coach Brewster and that he is "not a good dude" as someone mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      No, I never said that it did. Just that is reflects really poorly on Coach Brewster and that he is "not a good dude" as someone mentioned above.
      If that took place one action does not define anyone. You ever made a mistake?

Comment

Sounds like a good discussion for my ethics class. Sadly I only can think of business ethics. You know the movie I am referring to.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Sounds like a good discussion for my ethics class. Sadly I only can think of business ethics. You know the movie I am referring to.
          Are you teaching or learning? Brewster does not seem to be good dude. Brewster is looking out for Brewster. Did he harm recruiting at SDSU? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Of course it occasionally happens. But it's not acceptable behavior in business, and it shouldn't be brushed off lightly in coaching.
            I havenÂ’t posted in a long time but have read the posts on this thread with interest. The one absolute awesome thing about living in the Midwest is the people. Bosses know employees. Employees know bosses. ThereÂ’s a greater level of respect for one another than other regions of the country, etc. I could go on but IÂ’m sure you get my drift.

Six years ago I sold my business. I bought it several years ago when it was in a dumpster fire. I built it up literally one employee at a time to the point where we no longer were the business to avoid, but we became the one of the peoples choice. It wasnÂ’t me...it was my employees. People that worked for me that I trusted, and they trusted me. There literally is no substitute for that. I donÂ’t know Coach Brewster. But if he did what one of your posters said he did, in my mind that defines his character. Did he make a mistake? Yes, a big one. Should you/we forgive? Of course. But you always remember as well. Character and ethics do matter. If not, the institutions you and I care so much about ( SDSU / USD ) are in business for the wrong reason. The staffs at our respective schools are obligated to us, the fans, alumni, and supporters to do their job in the most positive and ethical way they can. What Coach Brewster did is forgivable but he should no longer be on staff, which he isnÂ’t.

You can hate the U, and I can Hate State, but if the day comes where we bring in unethical coaches to gain the upper hand, IÂ’m absolutely 100% done supporting the cause. IÂ’m quite certain the vast majority of you feel the same. If I was a Missouri State football fan I would have to shower every night before bed to get that dirty feeling off me when they hired Petrino. No moral character, no ethics. All slime.

DonÂ’t ever compromise your values as a person or an institution.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              I havenÂ’t posted in a long time but have read the posts on this thread with interest. The one absolute awesome thing about living in the Midwest is the people. Bosses know employees. Employees know bosses. ThereÂ’s a greater level of respect for one another than other regions of the country, etc. I could go on but IÂ’m sure you get my drift.

Six years ago I sold my business. I bought it several years ago when it was in a dumpster fire. I built it up literally one employee at a time to the point where we no longer were the business to avoid, but we became the one of the peoples choice. It wasnÂ’t me...it was my employees. People that worked for me that I trusted, and they trusted me. There literally is no substitute for that. I donÂ’t know Coach Brewster. But if he did what one of your posters said he did, in my mind that defines his character. Did he make a mistake? Yes, a big one. Should you/we forgive? Of course. But you always remember as well. Character and ethics do matter. If not, the institutions you and I care so much about ( SDSU / USD ) are in business for the wrong reason. The staffs at our respective schools are obligated to us, the fans, alumni, and supporters to do their job in the most positive and ethical way they can. What Coach Brewster did is forgivable but he should no longer be on staff, which he isnÂ’t.

You can hate the U, and I can Hate State, but if the day comes where we bring in unethical coaches to gain the upper hand, IÂ’m absolutely 100% done supporting the cause. IÂ’m quite certain the vast majority of you feel the same. If I was a Missouri State football fan I would have to shower every night before bed to get that dirty feeling off me when they hired Petrino. No moral character, no ethics. All slime.

DonÂ’t ever compromise your values as a person or an institution.
              Agreed, Great post YFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Are you teaching or learning? Brewster does not seem to be good dude. Brewster is looking out for Brewster. Did he harm recruiting at SDSU? Probably not.
                Grad student.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Grad student.
                  Good going and good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X