GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Frost Arena

Friedel with 39 minutes tonight. WHY?? Hendo he’s a freshman he’s not going to be able to walk by the end of the year at this pace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Former SDSU track athlete Brandon Priebe who is a physical therapist, tweeted that the ice was on the medial area of the knee, not on the ACL. He speculated that he may have a MCL sprain which would be 3-4 weeks. Hopefully he is right and he avoided the ACL tear.
      I sprained my MCL about 2 1/2 weeks ago on some ice. Douglas was getting around a lot better than I was post injury. My knee now feels "solid", however, the wrong move will still send jolts of pain, and it is sore when resting. I'm hoping it's a mild one, and he certainly has the advantage of youth and fitness on his side!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Friedel with 39 minutes tonight. WHY?? Hendo he’s a freshman he’s not going to be able to walk by the end of the year at this pace!

That’s a lot of minutes, but Arians, Dentlinger Abe Scheierman we’re in foul trouble and Wilson was out with injury. Hendo probably didn’t think he had any other options with an unproven bench......but they proved themselves tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          I sprained my MCL about 2 1/2 weeks ago on some ice. Douglas was getting around a lot better than I was post injury. My knee now feels "solid", however, the wrong move will still send jolts of pain, and it is sore when resting. I'm hoping it's a mild one, and he certainly has the advantage of youth and fitness on his side!
          Priebe also mentioned that if it is a MCL sprain, he would likely have to wear a heavy brace when he returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
            That’s a lot of minutes, but Arians, Dentlinger Abe Scheierman we’re in foul trouble and Wilson was out with injury. Hendo probably didn’t think he had any other options with an unproven bench......but they proved themselves tonight!
            That is the answer given about the reserves in that they show up for practice and work hard with the intention of getting a time to play and perform. That message was in Mims and Hendo postgame chat with Tyler after the game. We see the results today.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Priebe also mentioned that if it is a MCL sprain, he would likely have to wear a heavy brace when he returns.
              I'll be sporting one for another 3 1/2 weeks.

Comment

Here's to hoping Wilson's injury isn't serious and he's back soon. He's so fun to watch and was beginning to develop into a dominant player. Plus I can't do back to back Jacks sports seasons derailed by injuries (potentially a 3rd if Jacks women basketball's injury problems continue).

Comment

Postgame
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Really cool to see Mims and Dillon have games like that last night. Just makes you feel good watching those seemingly class act kids have their day.

Friedel was the steadying force last night. He was aggressive off the dribble, hit some timely shots, rebounds, and can distribute. He’s fearless as a freshman. It’s been incredible to watch him grow and gain comfort throughout his first year. We were extremely lucky to land this guy. Looking like he’s going to need a huge game vs Usd with the injuries if we are going to pull it off - and I’m not counting him out.

Really hope Wilson is ok.....

Comment

Hendo seemed optimistic

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                        Really cool to see Mims and Dillon have games like that last night. Just makes you feel good watching those seemingly class act kids have their day.

Friedel was the steadying force last night. He was aggressive off the dribble, hit some timely shots, rebounds, and can distribute. He’s fearless as a freshman. It’s been incredible to watch him grow and gain comfort throughout his first year. We were extremely lucky to land this guy. Looking like he’s going to need a huge game vs Usd with the injuries if we are going to pull it off - and I’m not counting him out.

Really hope Wilson is ok.....
                        Just stinks to have to play a rival and not have the 2 people you started the year to count on. I still think we can win but usd I am sure would love to take us down a peg. If we win they will have earned it. I feel like this team had the potential to continue the winning way of sdsu. Even if we lose a few more I will remain optimistic. the future looks bright.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Just stinks to have to play a rival and not have the 2 people you started the year to count on. I still think we can win but usd I am sure would love to take us down a peg. If we win they will have earned it. I feel like this team had the potential to continue the winning way of sdsu. Even if we lose a few more I will remain optimistic. the future looks bright.
                          Perspective: We're down to only eight players who've scored double-digits this year.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Perspective: We're down to only eight players who've scored double-digits this year.
                            Maybe it's the worry in me. A young team in a rivalry game. Usd has something to prove since they are well short of expectations so far. But our team seems to really be in a good spot and mindset so hopefully what ever happens with wilson doesnt affect their mind set.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Road games against any team with a pulse are going to be a struggle no matter which SDSU are (or are not) injured - and three of our next four are on the road. I'd be very happy if we come out of that stretch 2-2, considering the circumstances.

Related to that, in last night's pregame interview Hederson said that Key is likely to return for Sunday. He won't be full speed, but at least that's a good sign.

Comment

Very happy for Mims and Dillon.

Both have shown that they can play, if given the opportunity. I was also glad to see Owen get some time out there, he did a nice job. Good for him.

Hoping that Doug Wilson's injury isn't too serious. And even if it isn't, if it's prudent to sit him out this weekend, then sit him out.

It was always going to be a tough game in Vermillion anyway. Without Doug, makes it tougher. If Brandon can't go, will be harder still.

However, the way these guys played, and picked each other up this season, I don't think it's impossible.

Going to be a bit smaller...as I'm assuming we'll go to the "1 big" lineup that they have used at multiple junctures this season when Wilson or Dentlinger is sitting...as the primary lineup.

Going to need good games from the Wings... Freddy, Wingett, and Baylor are all going to have to come to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X