Weekend Duals UNI and Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Duals UNI and Wyoming

These should be a couple of very competitive duals this weekend. Have our group coming over tonight to eat shrimp and watch on Flo.

I'm hoping for a packed / loud Frost on Sunday! See you all there.

Re: Weekend Duals UNI and Wyoming

UNI is no joke. They have 2 absolute studs to compliment a very solid team. SDSU is gonna have to win several tight hard fought matches to win/keep it close.

Wyoming is a lot like UNI but with a few more holes.

Looking forward to both duals.

Comment

Totally agree. I think 125 could go either way. Henry has beat Thomson a couple of times. If we get those two to go our way that will be huge. Good opportunity for our guys to put some good wins under their belt.

GO JACKS!

Comment

Predictions for UNI dual:
        125 Vega 3-0 (Cannot get cradled-only way I see him losing-big swing if it happens)
        133 Price 6-0
        141 Toss up..edge probably UNI 6-3
        149 Toss up..could go either way. IÂ’ll give it to Henry since he is 2-0 against Thomsen 9-3
        157 Carlson should win 12-3
        165 Toss up...CookÂ’s been on fire lately; hopefully keeps it going. IÂ’ll give him 3 but he has been racking up pins. 15-3
        174 UNI bonus (Pin) 15-9
        184 UNI bonus (Major) 15-13
        197 Sloan (could possibly get Major but giving 3) 18-13
        HWT UNI bonus (Major) 18-17
        Jacks win 18-17....141, 149 and 165 decide the dual. If Jacks go 2-1 in those and nothing crazy happens at 125 I think they are in good shape. Keep the losses to no bonus. Go Jacks!

Comment

Upset brewing in Cedar Falls. Jacks up 13-3 at intermission!

Comment

Cook with his signature pin at 165.

Comment

Looking good with two matches to go. Hahn is getting this team rolling.

The video production for this match is excellent. Two or three cameras, two knowledgeable announcers. How does UNI pull that off? Can we get there?

And Sloan gets a quick pin.... Jacks wrap it up.

Comment

Great win by Henry and Cook looks awesome. NDSU got worked by Wyoming, should be a good dual on Sunday.

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Impressive.
                    Agree and we were in two of the matches we lost.

Comment

Every time out on the mat this team gets better and it's fun to watch!

Comment

Impressive win! The team battled hard all night. Lots of momentum going into the second half of the season.

Comment

I feel better and better about this team as time goes on. Outside of 157, 174, and 285, we have national-qualifier-level wrestlers at every weight. This with five freshman in the line-up. In a couple of years, SDSU is going to be a force.

Comment

Weekend Duals UNI and Wyoming

Hahn is going to at a big time program in 2 years. Bono left the team completely bare
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              Hahn is going to at a big time program in 2 years. Bono left the team completely bare
                              I think we're lucky in that big time jobs don't come around very often. SDSU is probably a top 20 job in terms of pay and support. Hahn also has family ties to the midwest. There probably aren't more than ten or so jobs that would be a better fit from him. I could see Cornell, Minnesota, Rutgers being interested in him with him reciprocating, but I don't see those jobs opening up in the next ten years unless Eggum really bombs or Koll retires early. Outside of those three jobs, I could maybe see him going to a well supported big ten program or another historically successful team but most of those teams look to hire people with connections to their respective program. I think that he is good enough to go to a bigger and better program, but there aren't many out there and the ones that do exist don't seem like they fit very well for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X