Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Pioneers @ Mile High City Hamilton Gymnasium

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Really? I think her stats are pretty darn good.

https://sdstate_ftp.sidearmsports.co...BB/plyr_24.htm
    Agree completely.

12 pts, 5 boards, 3 assists per game while shooting 57% from the field, 50% on threes, and 82% on free throws.

She's a heck of a player.

Comment

Influenza and a mile high altitude isn't a good combo, had two players battling that, hope we can shake the flu bug soon, so we can be at our best, even though we are down a little yet due to injury.They played great yesterday, Denver a team everyone knows is much harder to beat on their home court, to a large extent, just about all the Summit League teams are. Tagyn did fine, more than fine since I didn't know she still was fighting the flu, and her teammates made up for her not at her best , that's what teammates do, she got 8 rebounds, that's great when your feeling well. AJ mentioned Riley, who was clutch hitting 4 FT's late (6-6 TL) to seal the win, and Lindsey who was 3-3 and all were much needed three's at the time she made them. Just another couple of mentions, besides their scoring, Paiton and Megan were 5-2 and 3-3 respectively on ORB-DRB's.They had a busy day.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-10-2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I'm don't know much about influenza. They have had it for 8-10 days (or so), how long does that stick with a person? Does it make a difference if you are old, fat and lazy like me compared to a young, healthy, athletic college athlete like them? If it takes them 2 weeks to recover, I'll probably miss work for 3 weeks to a month.

As far as the game goes, it's nice to see Megan and Paiton carry the team. Lindsey has a great 3 minute stretch and Rylie had a good game with her assists and hitting FT's at clutch time but the rest of the team didn't have their A game. There were other things like Tylee's defense and Tagyn's rebounding that were solid points but all around they can and usually play better. Tori coming back from an injury probably had something to do with the gas in her tank along with the altitude. This is my take from listening on the radio if might have been different if I could have seen the game.
        Denver is a tough team and they are really tough to beat at home so that has something to do with 75% of the team struggling some. I did say that if SDSU or USD loses a game, other than to each other, it might be @ Denver so this isn't a real surprise. Play a tough team at their place, win and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Influenza and a mile high altitude isn't a good combo, had two players battling that, hope we can shake the flu bug soon, so we can be at our best, even though we are down a little yet due to injury.They played great yesterday, Denver a team everyone knows is much harder to beat on their home court, to a large extent, just about all the Summit League teams are. Tagyn did fine, more than fine since I didn't know she still was fighting the flu, and her teammates made up for her not at her best , that's what teammates do, she got 8 rebounds, that's great when your feeling well. AJ mentioned Riley, who was clutch hitting 4 FT's late (6-6 TL) to seal the win, and Lindsey who was 3-3 and all were much needed three's at the time she made them. Just another couple of mentions, besides their scoring, Paiton and Megan were 5-2 and 3-3 respectively on ORB-DRB's.They had a busy day.
          I believe Larson had the flu when they came back right after Christmas, so I don't know that it is still affecting her that much. I think Burckhard was the one under the weather last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I believe Larson had the flu when they came back right after Christmas, so I don't know that it is still affecting her that much. I think Burckhard was the one under the weather last night.
            Thanks....how's lingering effects from the flu sound? Agree, much admiration for Burckhard fighting the flu bug and still having a great game, guess it's become expected of her and that's a big compliment, testament to her toughness.

Comment

Working...
            X