GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Magness Arena 8pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Magness Arena 8pm

Jacks 1-7 from 3. Denver trying to let the Jacks back in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      Still plenty of game left.

Yeah, I know. It feels like a game of who want's lose it more. Uggg. So to speak.

Comment

Jacks take first lead with 7 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          Yeah, I know. It feels like a game of who want's lose it more. Uggg. So to speak.
          Ope, Jacks appear they have life! Lets go boys!

Comment

Denver shooting 20% in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Denver shooting 20% in the second half.
              Jackrabbits shooting 47% overall to Denver 42.9%.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Only 6 assists for Jackrabbits tonight and only 5 assists for Denver. A different flow to the game with 43 fouls between the 2 teams.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Doug Wilson has a legitimate shot at being conference POY. JUCO transfers rarely step in and play like he has from Day 1.

Comment

Held them to 22 points in the second half. I think in the first 12 minutes or so they only scored 10 points. Great second half defensive effort.

Comment

Nice come-back, road win. This is a thin but talented and exciting team. Another road win on Saturday against Fort Wayne would solidly position the Jacks as conference contenders.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Denver is not good. They couldn’t miss with some tough looks in the first half. The second half a lot of those shots didn’t draw iron. Depressing program with 700 for an attendance last night with over half jacks fans I’d guess.

Solid inside out effort by SDSU last night. You just have to double Doug Wilson or he will burn you and DENVER for whatever reason did not. The freshman look so much more comfortable as the season goes along. Appears we have a long term top of the conference team still even after all of the turnover this year. Will be a fun group to watch grow.

Comment

Lesson learned from TJ should be to expand the bench. Realize we have two guards out, but need more rotation amongst the big men or they will be spent by conference tournament like last year.

Comment

A couple of days after I mocked USD for not using their bench and then I look at Hendo's rotation.

Dentlinger: 32 minutes
                            Wilson: 36
                            Freidel: 37
                            Arians: 29
                            Wingett: 30

Scheierman: 28
                            Mims: 8

When you need road wins to compete for conference championships, sometimes you have to limit the rotation. Not having Key and Buchanan affected it otherwise we'd likely have gone 8 deep.

I do love the versatility that our two freshmen are adding! Freidel's scoring punch has been huge. It's also nice to see him contribute in other ways like he did last night. Scheierman has not pushed his scoring like I thought he would. However, he's tied for 2nd in assists and fourth in rebounding despite playing in just under 20 minutes per game (7th on team). Too many turnovers for Baylor, but he's a true freshman so I expect that to improve. Freidel is averaging just over 1 turnover per game, which, is amazing considering he's a true freshman. Both of these players have adapted extremely well when you consider the level of competition they were playing last year versus this year.

Comment

Great to get a road win. Particularly with a young team, with two injured Guards.

Jeez, some of us are harsh on these guys... I remember a game going to OT in Denver just a couple years ago, and that was when we were conference favorites, with a lot of returnees.

NO Road games in conference are easy. Even against struggling teams. Denver's record is poor, but they've been in a lot of games.

Fort Wayne will not be a gimmee, either.

Excellent win for these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                                A couple of days after I mocked USD for not using their bench and then I look at Hendo's rotation.

Dentlinger: 32 minutes
                                Wilson: 36
                                Freidel: 37
                                Arians: 29
                                Wingett: 30

Scheierman: 28
                                Mims: 8

When you need road wins to compete for conference championships, sometimes you have to limit the rotation. Not having Key and Buchanan affected it otherwise we'd likely have gone 8 deep.

I do love the versatility that our two freshmen are adding! Freidel's scoring punch has been huge. It's also nice to see him contribute in other ways like he did last night. Scheierman has not pushed his scoring like I thought he would. However, he's tied for 2nd in assists and fourth in rebounding despite playing in just under 20 minutes per game (7th on team). Too many turnovers for Baylor, but he's a true freshman so I expect that to improve. Freidel is averaging just over 1 turnover per game, which, is amazing considering he's a true freshman. Both of these players have adapted extremely well when you consider the level of competition they were playing last year versus this year.
                                They played heavy minutes because of our injury situation. The season averages aren't anywhere near that. We do however need Dillon to get to a point where he can give 5-10 minutes per game. If that happens we suddenly have a pretty deep team.

Comment

Working...
                                X