Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Leathernecks @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    I really want to see the online analytics of that game vs the Jacks for the Argus. Zimmer has stated a few times that Jacks coverage is by far the most popular part of Argusleader.com.
    I wonder if the game being on Midco/Espn3 factors into the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
      I wonder if the game being on Midco/Espn3 factors into the decision.

Let's not forget weather being a factor. I know some people who traveled up from Sioux Falls and only went 10 mph at times and saw multiple vehicles in the ditch. It might have been better for him to stay in Sioux Falls.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I think Jordan Ferrand can end up being a pretty good player for the Jacks, she's shown flashes, but this game she played a lot more and did pretty well , the more the bench players play it seems , the better they get. Ferrend is tall, lanky player who's athletic enough to get steals and blocks with her great reach, rebounds well and plays good "D", as does the whole team.If she brings her shooting around as she gains confidence, she could be a greatly improved asset for the team. Hope she continues to develop, along with Stapleton, Bultsma, Thueninck already there more or less, the whole bench has benefited from getting more game experience and when our injured who can come back, do come back, we will be a much deeper team than we were to start the year. Larson started the season a little slow, but she's more than made up for it now as she keeps rolling along and playing at a high level.Next game will be tough at Denver, but we have been rising to each occasion very well thanks to our coaching staff having them well prepared for the next game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          For sure. Even more important considering our injuries.

What makes it even more cool to me is the fact she’s invested 4 years with mostly mop up duty now she’s getting her chance and playing really good.
          She has the advantage of being a good free throw shooter, which you often don't see in a big. She is big enough to get shots off inside, and getting fouled is almost as good as getting a bucket.

Comment

The Argus Leader sent a photographer Saturday to SDSU, but no reporter to cover the games live. Zimmer covered Augie -USF. I don't think the weather was the big issue. The roads near Brookings were icy, but there were a lot of people from Sioux Falls and other towns at the games. With media resources dwindling, the Jacks are competing for news attention as well as victories. Make sure to read Argus Leader coverage (and coverage by other media) of SDSU sports online and click, click, click. That's what getting coverage is all about these days.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              The Argus Leader sent a photographer Saturday to SDSU, but no reporter to cover the games live. Zimmer covered Augie -USF. I don't think the weather was the big issue. The roads near Brookings were icy, but there were a lot of people from Sioux Falls and other towns at the games. With media resources dwindling, the Jacks are competing for news attention as well as victories. Make sure to read Argus Leader coverage (and coverage by other media) of SDSU sports online and click, click, click. That's what getting coverage is all about these days.
              Zimmer signed the stories for the games in the paper. He must have stayed up past bedtime.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

JMO, but in stead of worrying about what the AL does I am just going to put my butt in my seat.

Comment

I have been thinking about this for the last couple days. Everyone knows I am not a Tylee fan. She did have a pretty dang good pair of games though. However, Lindsey is not performing like I would have liked to see, JMO. Obviously AJ knows more than I, but I am just wondering on here why we don't see more of Lauren R? We are going to be in need of a PG next year and a backup, it appears we only have forwards coming in, so why not give her some minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    I have been thinking about this for the last couple days. Everyone knows I am not a Tylee fan. She did have a pretty dang good pair of games though. However, Lindsey is not performing like I would have liked to see, JMO. Obviously AJ knows more than I, but I am just wondering on here why we don't see more of Lauren R? We are going to be in need of a PG next year and a backup, it appears we only have forwards coming in, so why not give her some minutes?
                    The playing time in the Conference games, not all, not all the time, but generally is given out much more to the reserves when we get a comfortable margin over our opponent, so I'm thinking, if we play well in most of our remaining games, there will be more opportunities to play hopefully for those who haven't received a lot of time so far. I think AJ does as well as he can to get players in game situations, but a lot depends on them to take advantage too, so there's a little pressure on them I suppose, but that's exactly what AJ is looking at how they can handle that too. It's not an exact science, but AJ does pretty well balancing making sure we win a game and giving out as much time as he can to everyone.

Just a reminder, we once, not too long ago against Arkansas, stole a game from them maybe they should have won by scoring 9 points in 27 seconds to tie it up and win it in OT. The way some Summit teams (admittedly when they are hot) can hit three three's in just three quick possessions can turn a 12 point lead back into a tightly contested contest we could lose, I'm sure AJ always looks at worst case scenario's in late game substitutions. Other times, a 12 point lead can last a whole game, who knows exactly how the ball bounces so to speak.

Comment

From what I have seen, she's not ready for the college level. The coaching staff needs to work with Lauren a little more before she gets some meaningful minutes.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I'll disagree pretty vehemently on this point. Lindsay has out-performed expectations by a decent margin. She has played some good defense and facilitated well when Rylee is out. Her shot is coming along and can rebound on the O glass.

Rongisch's knee injuries looked to have robbed her of some quickness and athleticism, not her fault at all. I don't see her being anything other than a long bench person in her career. That's a shame as she had lots of promise before injuries. I hope Lauren continues to gain strength back and proves me dead wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          I'll disagree pretty vehemently on this point. Lindsay has out-performed expectations by a decent margin. She has played some good defense and facilitated well when Rylee is out. Her shot is coming along and can rebound on the O glass.

Rongisch's knee injuries looked to have robbed her of some quickness and athleticism, not her fault at all. I don't see her being anything other than a long bench person in her career. That's a shame as she had lots of promise before injuries. I hope Lauren continues to gain strength back and proves me dead wrong.
                          That's fine, looking at Lindsey's stats and they aren't very impressive. I know numbers don't tell it all, but I've watched her play every home game too. We will agree to disagree I guess. I was not aware of Lauren's knee injuries (or I forgot), do tell more on that please?

Comment

That's fine, looking at Lindsey's stats and they aren't very impressive. I know numbers don't tell it all, but I've watched her play every home game too. We will agree to disagree I guess. I was not aware of Lauren's knee injuries (or I forgot), do tell more on that please?
                            3 ACL injuries.
                            https://www.wowt.com/content/sports/...476593583.html

Comment

She had 3 torn ACLs in high school.

I'm glad that SDSU is a school that honors scholarship offers even when injuries will not allow a a student-athlete to compete at their expected level. You don't see that in every program.

Comment

Uffda, that is a tough road she has been down. 100% agree that SDSU should stand behind her. Thanks for the info. Those have to be real tough pills to swallow for a girl that age with all the promise in front of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X