Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    God I love Friedel. If he stays out of trouble off the court he’s going to be an household name in SDSU country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ????

Comment

Got to the game last night. This may be one of the most unselfish/talented teams we have had. I still would like to see an expanded bench with Dillon and King seeing more minutes especially with the injuries.
      I hope more people get out to see this team play as they are a lot of fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Got to the game last night. This may be one of the most unselfish/talented teams we have had. I still would like to see an expanded bench with Dillon and King seeing more minutes especially with the injuries.
        I hope more people get out to see this team play as they are a lot of fun to watch!
        1 : Doug Wilson is the most creative and best big man scorer from ten feet and closer to the basket than any Jack post player that I can remember. 2 : If Wingett and Scheierman can develop more consistency to their offensive game and Key and Buchanan are healthy by the end of the season, Sioux Falls could be very entertaining.

Comment

God I love Friedel. If he stays out of trouble off the court he’s going to be an household name in SDSU country

Dont believe everything you read on the coyote board.

Comment

0 seniors
            1 junior
            3 sophomores
            4 freshmen

That ridiculously young lineup put on one of the better SDSU MBB shows I've seen in a while. That's not supposed to happen with teams at our level.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Dont believe everything you read on the coyote board.
              I’m not going to go into it. No reason to bring stuff up and I was stupid to even post my original post. Apologies

Comment

I don't know what the deal is with Owen King. He seems to have a lot of athletic talent, though he might not be well suited to play the point against tough defensive teams. As I recall from last season, he tended to turn the ball over quite a lot. Maybe he's hurt. I don't know. Regardless, filling in at a critical ball-handling position is probably more of a Mims thing, at least for now. Hopefully Brandon Key can return to action soon and give the top six some needed depth.
                This space for lease.

Comment

The young guys seem to be settling in and figuring out how to play at this level. The talent from the first year guys like Wingett, Freidel, Scheierman, and even Wilson (first year at this level), has been clear from the beginning, it was just a question of how long it took them to adjust. Something seems to have clicked for all of them over the last few games and we've seen the results offensively. It's going to be really fun watching these guys grow together this year and into the future.

While Key provides great on ball defense that was clearly missed against a guard dominant team like Omaha, I don't think it's an accident the ball has been moving better and scoring has more increased on the offensive end during his absence. There has been a lot less dribbling and a lot more ball movement early in the shot clock which has opened up shooters and driving lanes. It sounds like he will be back soon so hopefully he's been able to see what has been working and keep the momentum going when he does get back in the lineup.

Comment

I’m not going to go into it. No reason to bring stuff up and I was stupid to even post my original post. Apologies

He's got issues off the court - that's been the talk since before he was even a Jackrabbit. He's already been suspended for the first half of a recent game by the current coaching staff for "disciplinary issues". So no doubt they are trying to get a handle on it and I'm confident they will. Last night he was complaining to the ref about some non-call and you could tell his teammates and coaches were making an extra effort to calm him down and get him to the bench. That was a sign to me as well.

He's a really confident kid who has that "you aren't going to like me swagger". Not a bad thing to have as long as you can keep it under control and not get yourself in trouble on or off the court.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                      While Key provides great on ball defense that was clearly missed against a guard dominant team like Omaha, I don't think it's an accident the ball has been moving better and scoring has more increased on the offensive end during his absence. There has been a lot less dribbling and a lot more ball movement early in the shot clock which has opened up shooters and driving lanes. It sounds like he will be back soon so hopefully he's been able to see what has been working and keep the momentum going when he does get back in the lineup.
                      100% Agree!! I really loved the ball movement and spacing last night. It also keeps everyone more focused instead of standing around watching one person trying to create. Plus Alex has shown more aggressiveness on the offensive side instead which we need going forward. Key brings a lot to the team that no one else has in his quickness, on ball defense, and ability to get his own shot when needed, but I hope the team looks at these last couple games and notices how much more passing and less dribbling opens things up. I have missed seeing that type of offense since Coach Nagy left.

I don't know the story with Noah, nor am I going to assume he has any sort of character issues, but I love that he has an edge and swagger. Team needs that cold blooded killer that doesn't get rattled. I'm guessing some small town folk see his on court attitude and mistake his as cocky & a punk and assume things. Forget those people and the troll on the Coyote Board, keep being you Noah!! Honestly reminds me of Matt Mooney, while I hate USD I loved his style and swagger.

Comment

Everything looks good when the ball goes thru the hoop. They played very well but close to 63% shooting for a game is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          Everything looks good when the ball goes thru the hoop. They played very well but close to 63% shooting for a game is unreal.
                          19 assists for 40 made baskets helps increase that efficiency while only turning over the ball 8 times. It was a quick paced game against the bigs that were supposed to dominate the Jackrabbits.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            I haven't seen a shot chart, but the vast majority of our shots sure seemed to be in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              I haven't seen a shot chart, but the vast majority of our shots sure seemed to be in the paint.
                              60 points in the paint vs 20 something for ORU, who is supposed to have a dominant frontline.

Comment

Friedel reminds me of that point guard USD had a while back. Kid was from West Central...Josh somethingorother. I hated that kid, but man did I want him on my team. I think his Dad was the football coach and basketball coach.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X