GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

How many people here can say they didn’t try to “bet” one of their buddies about something dumb when they were in high school? All that video showed me was Noah has some edge to him. He’s confident in himself and when you couple that with elite talent you’ve got a recipe for greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      Yeah the videos reeks of a swagger and confidence that opponents will hate for the next 4 years.
      Not to mention their fans ...

But most of those type of players thrive on that stuff.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Noah is a really good kid/young man.

Yes, he plays with a little bit of a chip or an attitude.

That type of thing can develop when you are the best player on a State Championship team when you are a sophomore, and do it again as a senior.
        And play with a brother who is two years older than you, and also a really good player (but you're even better).
        And you come from a family with great athletes, and your Dad was also a really good player.

All of those things are true.

He is an exciting young player for sure. Who plays with a confidence beyond his years.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          He also is a kid that can absolutely drop 40 on a team. It isn't smart to post that kind of stuff, but I would rather have players that are confident in their abilities over someone that defers.
          Is he like Larry Bird...biggest trash talker in the NBA ever? Larry did it in a way that was respectful and in a kind of humorous way, ...even his opponents had to laugh shaking their heads when he followed through with his boastful antics...he was a natural showman who was also extremely confident in his skills. It surely would have backfired if he hadn't delivered the goods however, or had he been downright disrespectful or if he delivered his boast in a belligerent way . I'm sure even he would agree to that. He (Celtics) and Magic Johnson (Lakers) were both fierce rivals, and yet became good friends in the end.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-06-2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X