GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

ORU(7-6)flies into Brookings with an impressive NET due to their aggressive OOC schedule. They have lost to Oklahoma St, Tulsa, Iowa, Wichita St, Creighton, and BYU. They have 3 D1 wins over Houston Baptist, Chiicago St, and "signature win" over 7-7 Mo State. They have been starting 3 seniors, 1 sophomore, & 1 freshman. There a couple more seniors who come off the bench. They are scoring 78 points/game on 42% FG shooting. They average 30% on 3 pt and 73% free throws on 21 FT/game. They have a strong rebounding team with 42.7/game. Preseason #3 pick for the Summit have plenty of expectations as the Golden Eagles are trying to rebuild their glory years into the present. ORU will test the big men inside with Obanor, Nzekwesi, and Lufile. The team is averaging 13 assists as well. The first home conference game will be a big test to keep undefeated in Frost. ORU has 1 road win at Chicago St. Jackrabbits will need to win the home games to finish high in the Summit. ORU can go to Omaha for a road win as the Jackrabbits should get a Frost win on the conference home opener. Go Jacks!!

MidcoSN2/ESPN+ 8:15pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

Shoot. No Key at the point again tonight. He's still out.
    This space for lease.

Comment

I'm not sure the SDSU men can play a much better half of basketball than this first half against ORU. Only real quibbles are a couple of TO's bringing it up against a press.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

And a horrible second half start by the Jacks lets ORU back in the game.

ORU cuts the 18 point halftime lead down to 10 with an 8-0 run but SDSU stabilizes and pushes it back out to 14 at the under-16 break.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks stop the bleeding. They're looking good, despite a lack of depth. Up 12 with under 12 to go.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Not sure I’ve ever seen our bigs hedge as hard as they are tonight.

Comment

Impressive victory over a good team. The Jacks have improved steadily in two months. This is turning into a promising season.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Very complete game and very complimentary game. Strong rebounding and only 8 turnovers (which is a huge improvement). Nice contributions from everyone. If we can take care of the ball and play complimentary inside out basketball, it will be a fun conference race to watch!

Comment

If Key can stay within the system when he comes back, this team can be SLT champs. We go 4-4 on the road, we are a 2 seed at worse with USeD poor start.

Comment

It will be nice to get Brandon back in the lineup, but in his absense I've been very impressed with Alex Ariens running the show. He had a few TOs against the press tonight, but otherwise has been playing great at the point guard postion.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
                      It will be nice to get Brandon back in the lineup, but in his absense I've been very impressed with Alex Ariens running the show. He had a few TOs against the press tonight, but otherwise has been playing great at the point guard postion.
                      I agree, I would like to see Owen King more just to share the load. Glad to see Mims getting some time.
                      Owen seems to be in Hendo's dog house. We need to manage player minutes far better than TJ last year. He wore the team out before the SL Tourney.

AJ is a master at this, hopefully Hendo copies that.

Comment

Owen King seems to be the forgotten man on the roster. It appears that he has now fallen behind Mims on the depth chart. If I recall correctly, his brother has committed to SDSU as well. I wonder if Owen's lack of playing time this season will affect his brother's commitment to SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          I agree, I would like to see Owen King more just to share the load. Glad to see Mims getting some time.
                          Owen seems to be in Hendo's dog house. We need to manage player minutes far better than TJ last year. He wore the team out before the SL Tourney.

AJ is a master at this, hopefully Hendo copies that.
                          King is capable enough to play a few minutes similar to what Mims is doing. Don't play them together and don't play King at the point. Arians and Freidel can't continue to play the minutes that they have the last couple of games.

Comment

Listen to the post game with Hendo. He visits about injuries and Mfum(sp). sdsu youtube
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

God I love Friedel. If he stays out of trouble off the court he’s going to be an household name in SDSU country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X