Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Omaha Mavs @ Baxter Arena 4:30pm

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Key and (to a lesser extent) Buchanan being out definitely affected this game, I think.
    Especially when Omaha went with three guards in the second half. Wingett had to guard Gibson, which did not work. Having Key to team up defensively with Arians and Freidel would have matched up better against an offense like Omaha's.

Comment

Noah Freidel had a great game. 28 points and he almost hit the game-tier at the buzzer.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Noah Freidel had a great game. 28 points and he almost hit the game-tier at the buzzer.
        Teams are going to be very tired of trying to match up with him for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The game wasn't on WNAX radio either (at least not on AM), which was kind of a bummer. Got to serve area radio listeners well to help build the fan base.
          I had both games on 910 in he tractor moving snow. Never did try WNAX.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Teams are going to be very tired of trying to match up with him for the next 4 years.
            I told my wife tonight he’s going to be an all time great.

Comment

Last year at Omaha I found myself sitting in front of Mitch Hahn's extended family. Although I didn't enjoy losing (especially having the Jacks come to a complete stop in the second half allowing the Mavs to pull it out), I was impressed that this might be the turning point for Omaha basketball. It will always be seen as a cheap alternative to Creighton but they drew over 4,000. Well, they did it again during the holiday break. Like to win but think Omaha may have pushed its way into being the second best franchise in the Summit. Like the Baxter, too.

I'm too damn old to be driving 800 miles round trip in a winter storm, so I skipped. That means getting my fix by driving to ORU or WIU both of which are depressing experiences. Hopefully I'll be making future trips to Omaha as well a a hopefully improving Kansas City. Looking forward to '20-'21.

Also, never good to lose, but the Jacks looked pretty good on the highlight vids, especially considering the injuries.

Not much of an optimist, but I think I'm really pumped for this team in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X