GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Baxter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Baxter

Rongish played. Stapleton did not (flu). Nesheim is redshirting.

Comment

Burckhard was a force this afternoon. It was also nice to see the ball go in the hoop from beyond the arc. Good three-point shooting will help open up things up inside for Payton and company. Today she got some nice company from Bultsma who played a pretty good game. Also noticed Tylee Irwin coming off the bench today. She played well in that role with a good all-around game.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post
        Burckhard was a force this afternoon. It was also nice to see the ball go in the hoop from beyond the arc. Good three-point shooting will help open up things up inside for Payton and company. Today she got some nice company from Bultsma who played a pretty good game. Also noticed Tylee Irwin coming off the bench today. She played well in that role with a good all-around game.
        Tylee's stat line was pretty dang solid from top to bottom. Let's hope the non-start sparks her.

Comment

As a team, our 3-pt shooting seems to be improving. Hopefully, Tylee's shots will start to drop more frequently as well.

Comment

didn't Myah have a foot problem for a stretch last season, also? if expectations are to miss at least a month, i hope they seriously consider a medical redshirt (that is, if she is a qualifier). bummer, but, it is what it is....

Comment

Myah has had recurring foot issues throughout her college basketball career. The difficult question that must be asked is whether a medical redshirt would do any good. Sitting out a year might just delay the inevitable. It's a sad situation because Myah is so talented. It might be best for Myah and the future of the basketball program to play her when she's able and keep moving forward. I hope I'm wrong. I would prefer that there's a medical solution and that she could return to full strength.
              This space for lease.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics
                Postgame Omaha
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Myah has had recurring foot issues throughout her college basketball career. The difficult question that must be asked is whether a medical redshirt would do any good. Sitting out a year might just delay the inevitable. It's a sad situation because Myah is so talented. It might be best for Myah and the future of the basketball program to play her when she's able and keep moving forward.
                  Unfortunately, you might be right. If it's a chronic problem that there isn't a fix for. it may very well continue to get worse as she puts more mileage on the foot. This year's injury will keep her out longer than the last two years, so the trend doesn't seem to be going in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Myah has had recurring foot issues throughout her college basketball career. The difficult question that must be asked is whether a medical redshirt would do any good. Sitting out a year might just delay the inevitable. It's a sad situation because Myah is so talented. It might be best for Myah and the future of the basketball program to play her when she's able and keep moving forward. I hope I'm wrong. I would prefer that there's a medical solution and that she could return to full strength.
                    It’s tough to see because honestly, if she didn’t have the foot issue I really think she could be considered one of the greatest players ever to come through SDSU. Miller and Guebert were phenomenal but she is just on a different level in so many ways. Unfortunate to see her be limited by these health issues.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                      It’s tough to see because honestly, if she didn’t have the foot issue I really think she could be considered one of the greatest players ever to come through SDSU.
                      I agree with this. I have said since she came in her game reminded me most of Mandy Koupal. With her size and ability to post up, handle the ball and hit the 3 is a combination that just doesn't come around often at schools our size.

Comment

Originally posted by yotefan90 View Post
                        I agree with this. I have said since she came in her game reminded me most of Mandy Koupal. With her size and ability to post up, handle the ball and hit the 3 is a combination that just doesn't come around often at schools our size.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                        X