GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Baxter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Baxter

The weather will slow the crowd from north of Sioux Falls. Fortunately the Midco crew will bring the action to the television. Omaha WBB(5-8) has 3 D1 wins including Morgan St, Miss Valley St, and UMKC. There is 1 senior on the squad and she is a reserve. There have been 6 different starters in the 13 games where the high scorer is averaging less than 10/game. The Mavs average 61.6/game. They have played 10 in rotation. There are a couple of taller players this year that come in at 6' 3" and a freshman who is 6'0" and is second in blocks. Junior PG Killian will run this game for the Mavs. She will also throw up the most shots where she is 35% in FG%. The Jackrabbits apparently will have another new face in the rotation as Theisen could be lost for the season. This is likely a good road game for the coaches to figure where on the bench they may find another contributor such as Stapleton. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+/WNAX 2pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Mavs @ Baxter

The Jacks could be down three key players today. In addition to Theisen, it sounds like Selland and Burckhard are out.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Radio will require 910 online for women. 570 online is not available.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Paiton returns today. Stapleton not there due to flu.

Comment

Glad to see Burckhard back. One surprise to me is that Omaha’s coach didn’t get fired this offseason. I thought for sure she’d be out.

Comment

Have we heard how severe Theisen's injury is?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Have we heard how severe Theisen's injury is?
              Season ending.

Comment

Impressive first half despite the flu and injuries hitting the team hard. Great effort on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                  Impressive first half despite the flu and injuries hitting the team hard. Great effort on both ends of the floor.
                  Tori Nelson has 0 points with 4 assists. 5 turnovers in first half is nice look today as well.

Comment

It's hard to believe how bad Summit League officiating is on the women's side. It never improves. Refs keeping Omaha in this one.

Comment

Here's the Brookings Register article about injuries that people keep mentioning.

https://brookingsregister.com/articl...-summit-league
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Great game by Burckhard. More than 20 points. Down low, she was unstoppable. And thank goodness for Casio-Jensen. Her ball-handling is always impressive.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Good way to start the conference. The offense went stagnant for awhile in second half which let Omaha narrow the gap a little, but the outcome was never in doubt. If Selland is going to be out for at least another month, a medical redshirt could come into play. Would take awhile to get conditioning back after missing two months.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Good way to start the conference. The offense went stagnant for awhile in second half which let Omaha narrow the gap a little, but the outcome was never in doubt. If Selland is going to be out for at least another month, a medical redshirt could come into play. Would take awhile to get conditioning back after missing two months.
                            If I was a betting man I would say Selland is done for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              If I was a betting man I would say Selland is done for the season.
                              Lauren Cox returned to Baylor after missing 5 weeks rehabbing for Baylor with a foot injury, that's a lot of the season to miss, but she must be way under the max percentage you can miss and still get a medical R-shirt...Mariah is basically at the limit right now, a little different situation for her to decide on trying to hobble through this season playing in key contests if able or save a yr of eligibility possibly in her carreer and going for a medical R-shirt.I didn't see Sydney Stapleton play in this game, wonder if she's one of the two reported to have the flue, didn't see Lauren Rongish either come to think of it ? Nesheim must be R-shirting this season?

Comment

Working...
                              X