Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future FBS Games discussion

2020-Nebraska 2021-Colorado State 2022-Iowa
    Is anyone aware if we have ever pursued game with Wyoming?

Re: Future FBS Games discussion

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    2020-Nebraska 2021-Colorado State 2022-Iowa
    Is anyone aware if we have ever pursued game with Wyoming?
    I doubt it . . . Wyoming isn't going to be able to offer anything like the guarantee check that the power 5 schools (or even CSU) could.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We go to Lincoln next Yr right?
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I doubt it . . . Wyoming isn't going to be able to offer anything like the guarantee check that the power 5 schools (or even CSU) could.
          Yes I don’t think a Wyoming game would make our budget grow in revenue. It would be and interesting game with CRAIG Bohl.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
            We go to Lincoln next Yr right?
            September 19th!

Comment

I haven't looked up Wyomings previous/future schedules to see who they generally schedule for FCS games, if they do. But I don't think Wyoming gives either school what it is looking for. Wyoming doesn't give SDSU the check it is looking for. They also may not be willing to schedule SDSU because the 2 schools compete for recruits, and if SDSU would beat Wyoming it gives SDSU the recruiting edge of "do you want to play for another average team that goes to a bowl game nobody cares about, or play for true national championships."

Comment

Well we do play at Colorado State in 2021. We should look into playing K-State somtime?

Comment

FUTURE GAMES AGAINST FBS OPPONENTS
                  Sept. 19, 2020 – at Nebraska
                  Sept. 4, 2021 – at Colorado State
                  Sept. 17, 2022 – at Iowa
                  Aug. 31, 2024 – at Nebraska
                  Sept. 12, 2026 – at Northwestern
                  Sept. 9, 2028 – at Nebraska

https://gojacks.com/news/2018/6/20/sdsu-adds-football-date-with-northwestern.aspx?path=football

https://gojacks.com/news/2018/8/29/football-jackrabbits-to-play-at-iowa-in-2022.aspx?path=football

Comment

Colorado St is the first G5 we’ve ever played isn’t it? I’m assuming a lot of that has to do with our region and the checks that come with it. Sure feels like we’d have at least a couple more FBS wins if we did schedule more G5 programs, but I think playing FBS teams in our recruiting footprint is more valuable. You think Nebraska keeps the second game if we knock them off next year or do they buy it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                      Colorado St is the first G5 we’ve ever played isn’t it? I’m assuming a lot of that has to do with our region and the checks that come with it. Sure feels like we’d have at least a couple more FBS wins if we did schedule more G5 programs, but I think playing FBS teams in our recruiting footprint is more valuable. You think Nebraska keeps the second game if we knock them off next year or do they buy it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Frost will have 3 national championships by 2024. He won't be afraid of some little northern Jackrabbits.
                      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                        Frost will have 3 national championships by 2024. He won't be afraid of some little northern Jackrabbits.
                        Yes, and Alex Cora will still be managing the Red Sox next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X