Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU vs Green Bay @ Green Bay

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    Throw this year in the dumpster and wipe our hands of it. Most likely.
    I can sympathize with you, assuming you are a compassionates fan who's a little frustrated and only wants to see the Jacks to go out and put a whoop'n on everyone we are on the court with, no matter what the circumstances are.....

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Oh how spoiled we have been.
      Right?! Given the pieces we lost and the injuries we’ve had I’m pretty happy so far. If we can get healthy we can compete with any team in our conference.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Hopefully Theisen's knee injury isn't serious. Didn't look good at the end of the game - she stayed on the bench and the G.B people came to her to shake hands. AJ didn't sound super concerned. Said they would have to see if she can come back right away or if she has to miss some time.
        She jump stopped, screamed, and collapsed to the floor. That's ACL if I've ever seen one unfortunately. Depth probably going to be tested even further, she was looking like a solid player so far too.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Sell your season tickets and stay home and delete your account
          fify

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            fify
            Relax, it's fine to be a little disappointed with a season as a fan. The WBB season feels like the football season, great team derailed by injuries that resulted in a season that Jacks fans aren't accustomed to.

The WBB can turn it around and will be solid, a NCAA berth will be a tall order this year. I'm not near as high on USeD as others, solid team that needs a good matchup to advance in NCAA. They aren't as good as our team last year and it will show in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
              She jump stopped, screamed, and collapsed to the floor. That's ACL if I've ever seen one unfortunately. Depth probably going to be tested even further, she was looking like a solid player so far too.
              I didn’t see the play so you could very well be 100% right. But, this fall when Cade got dinged up you could have swore the docs were going to have to amputate his leg with the way he was acting (we sit about 40ft from the trainers table). He was back the next week. So, sometimes players can overreact to things. With that said my guess is you are right.

Comment

I didn’t see the play so you could very well be 100% right. But, this fall when Cade got dinged up you could have swore the docs were going to have to amputate his leg with the way he was acting (we sit about 40ft from the trainers table). He was back the next week. So, sometimes players can overreact to things. With that said my guess is you are right.
                Watching the replay this morning, she walked the length of the court after the game, so I am optimistic.

Great win by the Jacks. Going into Green Bay, down two of your top players and to get the win is a great victory. Nelson continues to impress me and Bultsma did some really good things when in the game. The development of the depth, due to injuries, is certainly going to pay dividends down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                  Relax, it's fine to be a little disappointed with a season as a fan. The WBB season feels like the football season, great team derailed by injuries that resulted in a season that Jacks fans aren't accustomed to.

The WBB can turn it around and will be solid, a NCAA berth will be a tall order this year. I'm not near as high on USeD as others, solid team that needs a good matchup to advance in NCAA. They aren't as good as our team last year and it will show in the tournament.
                  Just gets to me when a "fan" is so entitled that if it looks like we won't have a shot to get to the big dance, we should "throw this year in the dumpster and wipe our hands of it". That's not being a little disappointed with a season, that's being entitled. Just makes us all look bad. It's different saying something like that to your buddies over a couple beers when you maybe don't really mean it compared to posting it on a public forum.

Comment

Just gets to me when a "fan" is so entitled that if it looks like we won't have a shot to get to the big dance, we should "throw this year in the dumpster and wipe our hands of it". That's not being a little disappointed with a season, that's being entitled. Just makes us all look bad. It's different saying something like that to your buddies over a couple beers when you maybe don't really mean it compared to posting it on a public forum.
                    I will ask this all rhetorically. Before yesterday we were coming off two losses and only managed 21 points the first half. With our current trajectory (some of which is nobodies fault) we are headed to a mediocre season at best? Can things come around sure, lets hope they do. But as it stands now I would guess I am only stating the obvious outcome for a program that one could assume has higher aspirations.

Comment

We beat Green Bay on the road by 5 without Paiton and Myah. USD beat them at home by 6. I dont know about you but i think we have played a pretty tough nonconference schedule. I like our chances in SF come March. If we start the conference season by losing a few games, then i will be concerned. Im not throwing in the towel this early.

Comment

I will ask this all rhetorically. Before yesterday we were coming off two losses and only managed 21 points the first half. With our current trajectory (some of which is nobodies fault) we are headed to a mediocre season at best? Can things come around sure, lets hope they do. But as it stands now I would guess I am only stating the obvious outcome for a program that one could assume has higher aspirations.
                        This post was stated much more eloquently and with tact. I disagree with your thinking that what you said is the obvious outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          We beat Green Bay on the road by 5 without Paiton and Myah. USD beat them at home by 6. I dont know about you but i think we have played a pretty tough nonconference schedule. I like our chances in SF come March. If we start the conference season by losing a few games, then i will be concerned. Im not throwing in the towel this early.
                          USD did play at Green Bay as well, but GB did not have the injury problems start that early either. USD is now discovering that Top 5 or 10 in WBB can be more difficult than the rest of the Top 25. South Carolina is smothering the Yotes with size and speed in the first half. 36-25 late in first half which is the closest since first quarter. Maybe Coach P can make half time adjustments like AJ which will give the yotes a chance to stay in Top 25 before conference.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

AJ and coaching staff are pretty savvy and there's a reason we play the tough teams, to learn , get better, and sometimes win some against them. You don't get to the NCAA Tournament and have a chance advancing by playing cupcakes all season long. Aj alway's has the team playing really well about 1/2 to 3/4 th's of the way thru the Conference season.I'd say, barring any unforeseen circumstances, it'll probably be a battle with USD for the Championship again, Denver, W.Ill, ND, and maybe ORU we can't have terrible games with, especially on their home courts.....NDSU somewhat better, but still have growing to do.About a normal prognosis if I can say as we've always had. If we are full strength, the odds go way up, come the SLT.

Comment

Good take and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                AJ and coaching staff are pretty savvy and there's a reason we play the tough teams, to learn , get better, and sometimes win some against them. You don't get to the NCAA Tournament and have a chance advancing by playing cupcakes all season long. Aj alway's has the team playing really well about 1/2 to 3/4 th's of the way thru the Conference season.I'd say, barring any unforeseen circumstances, it'll probably be a battle with USD for the Championship again, Denver, W.Ill, ND, and maybe ORU we can't have terrible games with, especially on their home courts.....NDSU somewhat better, but still have growing to do.About a normal prognosis if I can say as we've always had. If we are full strength, the odds go way up, come the SLT.
                                One of the best things about AJ over the years is that he never panics. He will have this team fighting for a league title and NCAA birth by the end of the season. He has proven time and again he is one of the best in the country at getting more out of his players then expected and for building up young players and planning for the future. Some on here need to relax.

Comment

Working...
                                X