GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs FGCU "dunk city" Eagles @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs FGCU "dunk city" Eagles @ Frost Arena

FGCU comes to Brookings sporting an unusual 2-10 record. They have an overtime win over Florida Atlantic and a win over Florida Tech. North Dakota is among those 6 teams who have defeated FGCU in Ft Myers. The Dunk City group has 11 new faces on the roster. They are averaging about 60 points/game. They have a couple of players that have 37 blocks for the season. That is about the only stat for the Eagles to lead opponents at this time of the year. The Jackrabits lost last year in the trip to Florida when I would have expected a win. This is another contest I would expect a Jackrabbit win. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs FGCU "dunk city" Eagles @ Frost Arena

Wingett got the start tonight over Freidel and has played well. Wingett hit four 3s in the first half. Jacks up 52-35 with about 12 minutes left in game.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Wingett got the start tonight over Freidel and has played well. Wingett hit four 3s in the first half. Jacks up 52-35 with about 12 minutes left in game.
      I wonder if Freidel was in the doghouse. He didn’t play a second in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I wonder if Freidel was in the doghouse. He didn’t play a second in the first half.
        He must have done something to warrant sitting a half. Midco announcers during the half-time break said it was coach's decision to sit him a half, and they seemed to know that he would play in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Hendo just confirmed to Tyler that Noah sat for disciplinary reasons. Didn’t sound like a huge deal.

Comment

Dentlinger 5-8 fg & 5-5 ft for 15 points. Wilson 8-9 fg & 4-4 ft for 20 points. Team finds 38 points in the paint total. That was a successful game even though FGCU played tougher in the paint the 2nd half. There were many highlights for the Jackrabbits as they had 17 assists for the 27 made shots. It was easier against the Eagles, but it was a solid performance.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Dentlinger 5-8 fg & 5-5 ft for 15 points. Wilson 8-9 fg & 4-4 ft for 20 points. Team finds 38 points in the paint total. That was a successful game even though FGCU played tougher in the paint the 2nd half. There were many highlights for the Jackrabbits as they had 17 assists for the 27 made shots. It was easier against the Eagles, but it was a solid performance.
              A better performance for sure for the guys tonight. I felt for the majority of the game they were snapping the ball around and making FGCU work their tails of to defend. Then there were times when they went FUBAR. All in all, it was nice to see some good shooting from deep and hopefully a lesson to take to Saturday to close out the non-con with a win.

Comment

The one part of the game that worried me was when Key got dinged up and left the game for a few minutes. The offense really struggled without him. Buchanan wasn't in the game either - I think it might have helped if he had been on the floor. Key seems able to play a lot of minutes, but 35 a game is going to wear him down as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  The one part of the game that worried me was when Key got dinged up and left the game for a few minutes. The offense really struggled without him. Buchanan wasn't in the game either - I think it might have helped if he had been on the floor. Key seems able to play a lot of minutes, but 35 a game is going to wear him down as the season goes on.
                  I agree here and I've thought they same thing about Key since game 1 of the season. Can his body hold up with all the minutes he's going to play and for how aggressive he is on both ends of the floor. You are right that last night when he wasn't in there we didn't have the flow we had when he is in there. Buchanan might have helped but I don't see him playing the true PG role either.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    I agree here and I've thought they same thing about Key since game 1 of the season. Can his body hold up with all the minutes he's going to play and for how aggressive he is on both ends of the floor. You are right that last night when he wasn't in there we didn't have the flow we had when he is in there. Buchanan might have helped but I don't see him playing the true PG role either.
                    I got the sense last night that Hendo was tinkering a bit with the big lead. Agree though, if Key goes down or has to sit because of foul trouble we are gonna struggle unless we can figure something out.

Comment

I didn't attend last night, but it sure seems like in the games I have attended and watched, that when Key is on the bench, they have relied on Baylor to play PG.

Baylor seems to do pretty well, he has good size (great size at PG), and is a very good passer. But the offense does lose Key's quickness off the dribble.

Surprised that Owen hasn't seen the floor more when Brandon goes to the bench, but outside of the first few games haven't seen him much. Buchanon's increased playing time is also tough for Owen. But Trey has earned the right to play.

I do know that they are still working things out, as far as rotations and things of that nature.

And although I really don't want to see Freidel coming off the bench (or being benched), I do like the idea of Wingett in the starting lineup.

But someone has to sit, and start...and people have roles to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        I didn't attend last night, but it sure seems like in the games I have attended and watched, that when Key is on the bench, they have relied on Baylor to play PG.

Baylor seems to do pretty well, he has good size (great size at PG), and is a very good passer. But the offense does lose Key's quickness off the dribble.

Surprised that Owen hasn't seen the floor more when Brandon goes to the bench, but outside of the first few games haven't seen him much. Buchanon's increased playing time is also tough for Owen. But Trey has earned the right to play.

I do know that they are still working things out, as far as rotations and things of that nature.

And although I really don't want to see Freidel coming off the bench (or being benched), I do like the idea of Wingett in the starting lineup.

Freidel is pretty aggressive. Having someone like him first off the bench would be a good thing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

The best starting line-up is Key at the 1, Freidel at the 2, Wingett at the 3, Wilson at the 4, and Dentlinger at the 5.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                            The best starting line-up is Key at the 1, Freidel at the 2, Wingett at the 3, Wilson at the 4, and Dentlinger at the 5.
                            agree!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              agree!
                              Yep. No doubt we look our best with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X