X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Chippewas @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Why is this team so bad from the line??
    Must be Frost Arena disease - the men haven't been any better.

Comment

Kelly got way too many points, we need a better plan for a teams super aggressive (and good ) scoring threat, have to have a second defender ready to move to stop if first defender gets beat badly...we'll figure it out, these tough games are good at making a team better, offensively and defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Some really bad passing in the last couple of minutes.
        AJ called 4 timeouts to move the ball up the court in the last 2 minutes and SDSU had 3 TO's and 1 jacked up 3-pointer in those trips.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Kelly got way too many points, we need a better plan for a teams super aggressive (and good ) scoring threat, have to have a second defender ready to move to stop if first defender gets beat badly...we'll figure it out, these tough games are good at making a team better, offensively and defensively.
          This happens sometimes when you have a 5 switch on every screen so they have to guard a 1 or a 2. They did better in the second half because they did NOT switch every screen. It takes a lot more energy on the defensive end but if your 5 is too slow you have to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            This happens sometimes when you have a 5 switch on every screen so they have to guard a 1 or a 2. They did better in the second half because they did NOT switch every screen. It takes a lot more energy on the defensive end but if your 5 is too slow you have to do something.
            Seemed to me that when we had to "help" on Kelly, they ended up with a cutter open to the basket on more than one occasion. So, we really didn't have much of a choice than to burn up a guard or two's energy in defending her one on one.

But, if they would have made their free throws and not made a stupid mistake every time they made a run we would be talking about a win. They had their chances. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              Missed free throws likely to cost this game. Wow, Jacks are bad there this year.

Well played game, would be a huge win without Selland and Nelson.

Will be a bummer if Selland has to take a redshirt like has been speculated.
              It would be nice to see Myah come back this season. But, if she isn't 100%, I would prefer to see her get a red-shirt. IMO, and making a couple of assumptions here; I think we are building (current young players) and going to gain (incoming recruits) more talent than we will lose to graduation this year(no offense to the seniors, JMO only). The Summit League Tourney is a loooonnng ways away but even at full strength it will take a hell of a game to beat the dogs. And if we don't we don't have the resume for a at-large bid into the big dance.
              Edit: Also assuming Myah can come back healthy for the long haul?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                It would be nice to see Myah come back this season. But, if she isn't 100%, I would prefer to see her get a red-shirt. IMO, and making a couple of assumptions here; I think we are building (current young players) and going to gain (incoming recruits) more talent than we will lose to graduation this year(no offense to the seniors, JMO only). The Summit League Tourney is a loooonnng ways away but even at full strength it will take a hell of a game to beat the dogs. And if we don't we don't have the resume for a at-large bid into the big dance.
                Edit: Also assuming Myah can come back healthy for the long haul?
                Tough to know what the future holds for Selland. It's probably safe to assume that if there was a surgical or other medical fix that it would have been done already. Will an extra-long rest (redshirt) help in the long run, or is it something progressive that rest won't cure ? Hopefully the doctors and coaching staff can come up with a plan for both Myah's and the team's best interests.

Comment

Tough to know what the future holds for Selland. It's probably safe to assume that if there was a surgical or other medical fix that it would have been done already. Will an extra-long rest (redshirt) help in the long run, or is it something progressive that rest won't cure ? Hopefully the doctors and coaching staff can come up with a plan for both Myah's and the team's best interests.
                  The thing about this still being around from last year really worries me about her long term as well. If I remember right Kurt Meister fought foot troubles most of his career too.

Edit: Don't know what the exact problem is?

Comment

She just needs to be able to finish.
                    4-8 from the field, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals was an OK day. There are others that may draw more attention if we were looking at finishing at the rim. She did short arm a couple of close shots and 0-1 free throw which could have added to the point total. 45% shooting is acceptable as a team. 61% at the line is an area of needing to finish. The defense did not get adjusted quickly enough to slow down Kelly. Theuninck deserves a shout out for her defensive effort today. Stapelton also merits a pat on the back as she has stepped forward with her efforts. The team will become stiffer with the return of Nelson whenever that occurs.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      4-8 from the field, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals was an OK day. There are others that may draw more attention if we were looking at finishing at the rim. She did short arm a couple of close shots and 0-1 free throw which could have added to the point total. 45% shooting is acceptable as a team. 61% at the line is an area of needing to finish. The defense did not get adjusted quickly enough to slow down Kelly. Theuninck deserves a shout out for her defensive effort today. Stapelton also merits a pat on the back as she has stepped forward with her efforts. The team will become stiffer with the return of Nelson whenever that occurs.
                      She did have some positives, no doubt. But she also led the team in turnovers, a couple of them were in crucial possessions down the stretch. I'm of the opinion she needs to be more dependable for a player with her amount of playing time. And it's not just today I am going off of. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        She did have some positives, no doubt. But she also led the team in turnovers, a couple of them were in crucial possessions down the stretch. I'm of the opinion she needs to be more dependable for a player with her amount of playing time. And it's not just today I am going off of. JMO
                        I think if you look at the turnover leader, you may find that argument holds no water. Also, you may find that Tylee is further down the list and among other players with similar time. You may also find that the overall numbers may expose there is some discrimination about Tylee that is not fact based. By the way Myah leads the team with turnovers and assists in 2 fewer games. If you have a player touching the ball more often, it is not unlikely turnovers will be more frequent. Myah led in turnovers last year followed by Macy Miller and Tylee Irwin. I believe you are running a narrow evaluation of the play of a player that is not reasonable. JMO
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          I think if you look at the turnover leader, you may find that argument holds no water. Also, you may find that Tylee is further down the list and among other players with similar time. You may also find that the overall numbers may expose there is some discrimination about Tylee that is not fact based. By the way Myah leads the team with turnovers and assists in 2 fewer games. If you have a player touching the ball more often, it is not unlikely turnovers will be more frequent. Myah led in turnovers last year followed by Macy Miller and Tylee Irwin. I believe you are running a narrow evaluation of the play of a player that is not reasonable. JMO
                          Your right, Myah and Macy did/do turn it over more often as well. But what Tylee lacks in comparison is the ability to put up a lot of points. She isn't my player of favor on this team, just like everyone else, we all have our pecking order of favorites. But every second she is in the game I am pulling for her to succeed!

Comment

Working...
                          X