Little Brown Jug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Brown Jug

Would someone please tell me what this little brown jug trophy is that the yote fans cant stop talking about on their board. Ive been a Jacks fan since the 70’s and dont remember a trophy given to the winner.

Re: Little Brown Jug

What? Did someone hack the Minnesota Michigan trophy? Lack of creativity if we're part of such a thing.

Comment

I was in school at SDSU in the late 70's and early 80's. I don't recall ever hearing about it at that time, but I do recall mention of it years later. I assumed that was a historical mention. Several years ago I met some members of the Davis/Lavin families that have run that particular pharmacy that was mentioned as the original donor. It would be interesting to know when and why the tradition of the winner owning the jug ended.
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        I was in school at SDSU in the late 70's and early 80's. I don't recall ever hearing about it at that time, but I do recall mention of it years later. I assumed that was a historical mention. Several years ago I met some members of the Davis/Lavin families that have run that particular pharmacy that was mentioned as the original donor. It would be interesting to know when and why the tradition of the winner owning the jug ended.
        This was once a game trophy and has long forgotten. I suspect USD based on this year’s game expect possession of said trophy. Somewhere in the trophy case is a Little Brown Jug which I think is retired. I think a duplication of the Minnesota-Michigan trophy and year’s ago an attempt to build rivalry with USD. Kind of crazy. Jack#1 might recall more about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          This was once a game trophy and has long forgotten. I suspect USD based on this year’s game expect possession of said trophy. Somewhere in the trophy case is a Little Brown Jug which I think is retired. I think a duplication of the Minnesota-Michigan trophy and year’s ago an attempt to build rivalry with USD
          The end of d2 days I thought the student body presidents met on the field and had something they exchanged or friendly wager. I dont think it was much of anything.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
          X