X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 roster.

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    9-5-20 BUTLER - W, attendance should be good
    9-12-20 BYE - Early, but it is what it is...
    9-19-20 Nebraska - L, hopefully we make a statement, avoid injuries. Or maybe this is the game that gets Frost fired.
    9-26-20 INDIANA STATE - W, attendance should be good. Hopefully there's some post UNL excitement.
    10-3-20 North Dakota - Playoff team on the road, 55% chance of win?
    10-10-20 SOUTH DAKOTA - W, should be a fun atmosphere game, especially if weather cooperates.
    10-17-20 North Dakota State - 20% chance of win. Need to get on their level, but realistically if we win one out of every 5 trips to Fargo in a 10 year span, that's 20%.
    10-24-20 Southern Illinois - Decent team on the road, 60% chance of win?
    10-31-20 WESTERN ILLINOIS (HOBO DAY) - W, like the late Hobo Day (then again there's no other game to really put it with), should lead to good attendance for a time when it traditionally starts dwindling.
    11-7-20 Northern Iowa - Playoff team on the road. 50/50 game.
    11-14-20 DIXIE STATE - W, know nothing of them, assuming we will win, attendance will be poor.
    11-21-20 YOUNGSTOWN STATE - W, will Pelini still be around? Attendance may be poor.

Wins (6)- Butler, Ind State, USD, WIU, Dixie State, YSU (all home games)
    Losses (2) - @Nebraska, @NDSU
    Games to decide our fate (3) - @UND, @SIU, @UNI. If we go 3-0 in these combined 3, we are a top 4 seed. If we 2-1, we are a 5-8 seed. If we got 1-2 we are a playoff team. If we go 0-3, we are sitting at home.
    Good breakdown, Mnjackrbt. 9-2 would be a good stretch goal.
    This space for lease.

Comment

I think other than the loses of Rozeboom, Sellers, Daniel and Greenway will be the biggest holes to fill. I think we have alot of depth at G that can fill Clarks spot. TE hopefully Heinz comes back healthy and/or some youth step up. I think we have good depth at WR that can handle Browns and Anderson role. We have alot of good depth at DE and DT that can handle those loses. I think we have some great young talent and maybe Tetzlaff to fill the Mike,(Can Never Replace) but we said that about TJ Lally. Could we Positions Move at LB? Who knows but Jimmy will figure it out. Sellers might be the toughest spot to fill we have had a good run of FB, I dont know much about the freshman Fb or maybe H back. Sounds like we might have a big back option in and 2020 recruit. I think Eck will can get someone ready at LT. Greenfield or Titus? and lastly Vinny had great career but sputtered here at the end. Frahm clearly has the leg but can get his accuracy dialed in. We might be getting a highly prominent recruit at K.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        DO NOT WEAR THE BLACK UNIFORMS AT ANY POINT NEXT SEASON IN WHOLE OR PART.

I'm honestly hoping they are getting new uniforms and can sell the current ones with the 150 CFB. Have they had the current set long enough to get new uniforms?
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Here is how I see the three deep at this point...

QB: Gibbs/Heide, Nelson (I'm one of those folks that is really hyped about Gronowski).
          RB: Strong, Wilson, Blakley
          FB: Morgan, Madison
          WR1: Cade Johnson, Bauer, VanderWerf
          WR2: Jaxon Janke, Jadon Janke
          WR3: Campbell, Dailey Jr, Leighton
          TE: Kunz/Heins, Cavanaugh, Kraft
          LT: Donald/Titus, Vibert
          LG: Lickiss/McCormick, Beerntsen
          C: Genant, Strohbeen
          RG: Miller, Gruetzmacher, Bloomendrader (moved from TE)
          RT: Aron Johnson, Greenfield, Bass

DE1: Winkelman, Terveer, Caden Johnson
          DE2: Ogunrinde, Hicks, Elijah Wilson
          DT: Ward, Krolikowski, Van Marel
          NT: Sanders, Stacker, DePriest
          SLB: Levi Brown, Barnett, Williamson
          MLB: Backhaus, Tetzlaff, Madison/Spalding/Motzko
          WLB: Seven Wilson, Shafer/Bock/Spalding
          CB1: Gardner, Davis, Union
          CB2: Evans, Gales, Gandy
          CB3: Harris, Lofton
          S1: Manchigiah, Norblade, Berg
          S2: Griffin II, DeMartra, Darnell

That defense is ridiculous. On offense, anytime you replace your LT there is cause for concern. I'm slightly concerned about depth at WR but with Cade and Jaxon there will be plenty of top-end talent (assuming ball security issues will be fixed) and Stig has eluded to Jadon not being far behind his brother. Bauer and Dailey Jr had really good freshmen seasons. Leighton was a star of the 2019 offseason so we'll see what he can bring to the 2020 squad. This depth factors in ZERO of the 2020 recruits and there are a number who will compete for reps.

Caution to those who think the Jackrabbit playoff run is over! This roster is still LOADED.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

QB: Gibbs/Heide, Nelson (I'm one of those folks that is really hyped about Gronowski).

That defense is ridiculous. On offense, anytime you replace your LT there is cause for concern. I'm slightly concerned about depth at WR but with Cade and Jaxon there will be plenty of top-end talent (assuming ball security issues will be fixed) and Stig has eluded to Jadon not being far behind his brother. Bauer and Dailey Jr had really good freshmen seasons. Leighton was a star of the 2019 offseason so we'll see what he can bring to the 2020 squad. This depth factors in ZERO of the 2020 recruits and there are a number who will compete for reps.

Caution to those who think the Jackrabbit playoff run is over! This roster is still LOADED.
            Thank You this is reassuring.

Comment

Hopefully we are hitting the transfer portal hard for O lineman and linebackers. I don't want to be known as Transfer U like Youngstown St., but we need some depth in those areas.

This team still has a great roster and as long as they have Dan Jackson, it'll continue.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                Hopefully we are hitting the transfer portal hard for O lineman and linebackers. I don't want to be known as Transfer U like Youngstown St., but we need some depth in those areas.

This team still has a great roster and as long as they have Dan Jackson, it'll continue.
                I think we could take a look at transfer OL, especially at LT but I think we are fine at LB. Plenty of young talent and a very good to great starting trio, IMO.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think we could take a look at transfer OL, especially at LT but I think we are fine at LB. Plenty of young talent and a very good to great starting trio, IMO.
                  I worry only because of the talent we lost at lb. Like benson and reimers who would have been major contributors already. I think there was atleast one if not 2 more.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Is the German exchange student transferring from Colorado State strictly an interior lineman, or could he play tackle ? Weren't the Jacks in on him pretty seriously before he went FBS ?

Comment

I was curious about them moving Backhaus to MLB. Do you think there's any chance they'd move one of the backs like Mulholland or Blakley to serve more of a slot WR role?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Good breakdown, Mnjackrbt. 9-2 would be a good stretch goal.
                        UND loses starters and statistical leaders at QB, RB, and WR and a couple of LBs, don't they?

If so, I think the Jacks' chances should be closer to 65-70% assuming they're relatively healthy.

I'm really hoping the odds of defeating the Bison are better than 20%.
                        Last edited by jakejc795; 01-20-2020, 04:01 PM. Reason: Missing apostrophe "m"

Comment

Someone commented on Zimmer's sport chat last week that CJ Wilson has left the program. Probably not surprising given the running back depth we have, but assume he would have continued to be given a lot of touches.
                          Imagine there will be more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Someone commented on Zimmer's sport chat last week that CJ Wilson has left the program. Probably not surprising given the running back depth we have, but assume he would have continued to be given a lot of touches.
                            Imagine there will be more to come.
                            I would hold on before we take what a poster said on Zim's chat for being 100% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              I would hold on before we take what a poster said on Zim's chat for being 100% accurate.
                              agreed. Moderator can delete.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                That person sure unloaded some rather uncomplimentary material in the chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X