Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    Sort of how football works. If Trey Lance goes down for the year, Bison would have lost some games and be on the road in the playoffs. Losing a starting QB, and RB1 and 2 is something that not even NDSU would have overcome. Don't spout off how great your backup is, he's a backup for a reason.
    I’ll be that guy. NDSU’s backup QB would have started this year for SDSU. He was an Iowa St transfer that started some games for them. And I’m guessing they would have found a RB. Yes, it would have hurt them but they have way more depth.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I’ll be that guy. NDSU’s backup QB would have started this year for SDSU. He was an Iowa St transfer that started some games for them. And I’m guessing they would have found a RB. Yes, it would have hurt them but they have way more depth.
      You missed the point, but whatever. Injuries that SDSU had would have cost NDSU as well even when everyone knows they have better depth. They didn't have a starting O lineman out either.

Pretty disappointing to see UNI hang with JMU, even with our injuries we could have competed very well with JMU.

Comment

You missed the point, but whatever. Injuries that SDSU had would have cost NDSU as well even when everyone knows they have better depth. They didn't have a starting O lineman out either.

Pretty disappointing to see UNI hang with JMU, even with our injuries we could have competed very well with JMU.
        I'm also not sold on NDSU having inordinately greater RB, DL, WR, or LB depth compared to Jacks. Rather, the Jacks were snakebit with concurrent timing of RB injuries and OL ineffectiveness at crucial junctures this season.

As for JMU, it seemed their OL and UNI's ineffectiveness passing separated yesterday's teams. If I were a UNI fan, I would be incredibly concerned with McElvain's propensity to lose yardage when scrambling, which could be exacerbated next season with some of their OL graduating. I believe JMU also stands to lose multiple OL starters and a handful of FBS transfers including their QB.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          If I were a betting man, I'd say the Jacks win that game against Bison if Lance were the QB who had been injured instead of Gibbs, notwithstanding Noland being more experienced than Heide, but hey, I have a considerable "yellow & blue bias"
          Last edited by jakejc795; 12-14-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I didn’t watch the game but UNI only had 114 yards of offense (0 rushing). That to me looks like total domination by JMU and although the score wasn’t completely lopsided UNI really had no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              I'm also not sold on NDSU having inordinately greater RB, DL, WR, or LB depth compared to Jacks. Rather, the Jacks were snakebit with concurrent timing of RB injuries and OL ineffectiveness at crucial junctures this season.

As for JMU, it seemed their OL and UNI's ineffectiveness passing separated yesterday's teams. If I were a UNI fan, I would be incredibly concerned with McElvain's propensity to lose yardage when scrambling, which could be exacerbated next season with some of their OL graduating. I believe JMU also stands to lose multiple OL starters and a handful of FBS transfers including their QB.
              UNI graduates 1 OL

Gets a starting LT back
              Gets 2 starting TEs (an All American) back
              Gets 3 WR back from injury (2 starters)
              GetS 4 RB back

In defense we played about half the season - inuding playoffs - without our best LB who will be back next year.

We lose like 2, maybe 3, total guys of value on offense and like 2 on defense.

IIRC all but 1 player (who missed the playoffs) 2 deep on defense is back IIRC and I think all but 1 DB is back.

Farley got this team to 10 wins playing a sophomore linebacker and a 3rd string center at tight end while missing 4 running backs and half the WR group.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by uniftw View Post
                UNI graduates 1 OL

Gets a starting LT back
                Gets 2 starting TEs (an All American) back
                Gets 3 WR back from injury (2 starters)
                GetS 4 RB back

In defense we played about half the season - inuding playoffs - without our best LB who will be back next year.

We lose like 2, maybe 3, total guys of value on offense and like 2 on defense.

IIRC all but 1 player (who missed the playoffs) 2 deep on defense is back IIRC and I think all but 1 DB is back.

Farley got this team to 10 wins playing a sophomore linebacker and a 3rd string center at tight end while missing 4 running backs and half the WR group.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                I was referring to Lueck and JS-B on OL, and I'll leave the debate about whether Lawrence, Allen, Graham, Applegate, James, and Thomas are quality players to folks who care for UNI.
                Last edited by jakejc795; 12-14-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I didn’t watch the game but UNI only had 114 yards of offense (0 rushing). That to me looks like total domination by JMU and although the score wasn’t completely lopsided UNI really had no chance.
                  I'd say the recipe for defeating the Panthers is forcing McElvain to pass. As for their rushing total, it wasn't helped by him taking hefty lost yards on sacks. In the last two games, he lost nearly 80 yards rushing

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    They had 59 total yards until they picked up some yards in their last drive when game was over, also the last drive was the only time they crossed the fifty yard line.

Comment

I am not sure where to put this but NDSU has 4200 unsold tickets for the playoff game

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I am not sure where to put this but NDSU has 4200 unsold tickets for the playoff game
                        And we had 15000 last week.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          And we had 15000 last week.
                          SDSU does not have 7 natty in trophy case. We got the little brown jug or was that surrendered after the USD game?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Hopefully this begins a string of decades of consecutive unsold playoff tickets -- because they never make the playoffs again.

Comment

Working...
                            X