Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Anyone know what the deal was with Backhaus after the game? He was acting awfully offended and like he wanted to fight the whole UNI team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

In all honesty did anyone think our defense, which was the best in years, would get SDSU to Frisco? I sure didn’t think so. When J’BORE had fingers problems and then ACL problem, I knew we were in trouble. Keaton a brilliant true freshman came and and played like a junior. Our RB too were hit hard with injuries. I am for one happy the season is over and you cannot win a NC with less than healthy team. I was reading a game story in the Fargo Forum about Illinois State and their win over Central Arkansas. Robinson ran for 200 yards and nearly every offense play of the game. That is torture that one person not have to endure. Next week the Fargodome, better them than us.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
        I live several hundred miles from Brookings. Attending a game involves several hours of driving, usually at least one night in a motel and several restaurant meals. I end up using one day of my precious vacation time for each game I attend. I have budgeted my vacation time and travel funds to attend five games each of the last few years. I donate an amount greater than the required amount to purchase the seats that I use. Sometimes coming home from those later season games involves driving for hours in poor travel conditions. A few years ago I missed a game because the weather forced all of the roads in western South Dakota to be closed for the weekend.

Attending those games is a priority that I have set for myself. If I were to use those five vacation days and the thousands of dollars, yes, literally thousands, that I spend on football, I could take another summer vacation, or maybe a winter vacation to a warmer climate.

I am frequently finding myself accused of being an unmotivated fan, worthy only of attending lower level football games. It is my fault that North Dakota State out recruits us. I really have to wonder why I even bother going to a game where I am surrounded by @$$holes who consider me an inferior fan. Every time I go out to shovel snow for the rest of this winter I am going to be thinking about that warm weather vacation that I can take next year if I just redirect some of my resources. I probably have until April or May to decide ….
        I appreciate the investment you've made to attend, and I've cited travel expenses as a vital consideration for Athletics in deriving ticket rates. I am not disappointed in fans like yourself. I am disappointed that fans in towns like Watertown, Brookings, and Sioux Falls aren't attending in greater numbers

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          Anyone know what the deal was with Backhaus after the game? He was acting awfully offended and like he wanted to fight the whole UNI team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
          I couldn't see the specific player the choir boy/elementary ed. OL was jawing with at the end of last regular season game, but the UNI tool had a knack for getting in piles/scrums and pushing Jacks. I wonder if he made more disparaging remarks.

Regardless, Backhaus is going to be a Jacks "backer" I'm very excited to watch next season
          Last edited by jakejc795; 12-08-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

A win in Lincoln next year would build some momentum in encouraging ticket sales.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              A win in Lincoln next year would build some momentum in encouraging ticket sales.
              I was at a volunteer event last weekend, and a Hawkeye fan from Sioux Falls said he was really rooting for the Jacks against Huskers.

Comment

My friend West-River Jack is a great Jacks fan and if some think fans have some obligation, he’s doing more than his share.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  I couldn't see the specific player the choir boy/elementary ed. OL was jawing with at the end of last regular season game, but the UNI tool had a knack for getting in piles/scrums and pushing Jacks. I wonder if he made more disparaging remarks.

Regardless, Backhaul is going to be a Jacks "backer" I'm very excited to watch next season
                  Lot of frustration, last game of junior year playing in front of 4,100 people can't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmaas View Post
                    Lot of frustration, last game of junior year playing in front of 4,100 people can't blame him.
                    I'm still so frustrated that I can't spell "Backhaus"

Comment

Originally posted by Bmaas View Post
                      I Mean as a Collective can We QUIT talking about Attendance? It's an issue and I'm sure everybody on here makes the jacks games as much of a priority as they can. Was I there yesterday? You Becha, but I woudn't have wanted to start the fight that would have had to happen to make my wife come. She's stated for years she has no interest in away games or Playoff games.

Us Mentally masturbating here does noting to solve the issue, and only serves to further what appears to be somewhat Zimmers narritive (although it was the coaches who started the discussion this year).

Nobody's happy with the way this season ended, but there's nothing we can do to change that.
                      I know I'll be back Next year. and @Westriver tell me when you won't make it an I'll do my damnedest to cheer louder to compensate. It's likely your donations compensate what I cannot. I appreciate all of our fans.

WHAT ABSOLUTELY needs to stop is the NEGATIVE $4iT on Twitter and DON'T EVER Tweet at a player if it isn't Positive.

#EndRant

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        In all honesty did anyone think our defense, which was the best in years, would get SDSU to Frisco? I sure didn’t think so. When J’BORE had fingers problems and then ACL problem, I knew we were in trouble. Keaton a brilliant true freshman came and and played like a junior. Our RB too were hit hard with injuries. I am for one happy the season is over and you cannot win a NC with less than healthy team. I was reading a game story in the Fargo Forum about Illinois State and their win over Central Arkansas. Robinson ran for 200 yards and nearly every offense play of the game. That is torture that one person not have to endure. Next week the Fargodome, better them than us.
                        No. Once Gibbs was out for the year with a torn ACL and losing the most hyped regular season game to the Bison while having to replace Gibbs with a true freshman QB whose built like a 16 year old schoolgirl I dramatically modified my expectations. This seems like a fitting ending.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          My friend West-River Jack is a great Jacks fan and if some think fans have some obligation, heÂ’s doing more than his share.
                          I was listening to the postgame on the radio driving out of Brookings, and Stig specifically mentioned the hopes that the stadium will be filled for future playoff games (prior to promising Tyler that the Jacks would be back), and players and the media are noticing it too; it's not just fans -- not to mention that lamenting poor attendance is not always a slight on fellow fans.

I'd love for Athletics to work with the Alumni Foundation to focus on Watertown, Brookings, Mitchell, Huron, and Sioux Falls, and maybe even smaller towns like Madison to contact folks who have attended games sometime in the past but are not becoming repeat attendees to learn specifically what factor(s) detract from them doing so.

The fact is, Athletics is reliant on fans who will be traveling (even if it's only from Sioux Falls or Watertown), unless it can realize a marked increase in fans attending from Brookings. I'll leave the debate about whether we want to hang our hopes on Heineken sales with that dynamic for the "Alcohol & Attendance" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                            No. Once Gibbs was out for the year with a torn ACL and losing the most hyped regular season game to the Bison while having to replace Gibbs with a true freshman QB whose built like a 16 year old schoolgirl I dramatically modified my expectations. This seems like a fitting ending.
                            Oh boy -- if you know a female teen with the moxie Heide showed at times this season, get her in contact with Eck because we can use her on the roster, if only to increase attention on the program.

College Gameday in 2019 followed by The View in 2022?

Comment

Bunch of random thoughts on this game and season:

-Disappointed we didnÂ’t capitalize on that first quarter. Had the ball about midfield on first down and throw and int, followed by two awful fumbles. Could have easily been a three possession game going into half, instead it was a one.

-Turnovers, man. I had too much confidence in the coaching staff that they would rectify this by making it an absolute priority the last four games. I understand the players have some fault as well.

-The way we lost 3 out of the last 4 was so uncharacteristic of SDSU football, and I think thatÂ’s why the frustration.

-I donÂ’t know what to say about attendance, Sell has rolled out the red carpet for fans and I truly donÂ’t know the answer to get butts in the stands. I can say, I canÂ’t stand hearing about it either, itÂ’s not only an SDSU problem, itÂ’s happening everywhere.

-I really hope the kicking game improves next year, that was difficult to watch.

-Hoping to retain all of our playmakers and assistant coaches but I have a feeling that might not be the case. It seemed stig was more publicly critical of assistants play calling. No clue but just a little sense of friction.

-We may have an apathetic fan base with attendance but at least we do not have the trolls that the USD fans have. They have nothing to cheer for on the field so trolling after a loss is all they got. Keep in mind, USD has never made it passed the round of 16 in the playoffs, never once finished better than 4-4 in the conference while we finished 5-3 this year with our 5th, yes 5th string qb, it took SDSU being completely decimated on offense and 4 turnovers for them to beat us for the first time in 20 years, and they are trying to troll us, gfy. People will say that there are some in every fan base but It is the majority for them and that is a loser fan base no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I Mean as a Collective can We QUIT talking about Attendance? It's an issue and I'm sure everybody on here makes the jacks games as much of a priority as they can. Was I there yesterday? You Becha, but I woudn't have wanted to start the fight that would have had to happen to make my wife come. She's stated for years she has no interest in away games or Playoff games.

Us Mentally masturbating here does noting to solve the issue, and only serves to further what appears to be somewhat Zimmers narritive (although it was the coaches who started the discussion this year).

Nobody's happy with the way this season ended, but there's nothing we can do to change that.
                                I know I'll be back Next year. and @Westriver tell me when you won't make it an I'll do my damnedest to cheer louder to compensate. It's likely your donations compensate what I cannot. I appreciate all of our fans.

WHAT ABSOLUTELY needs to stop is the NEGATIVE $4iT on Twitter and DON'T EVER Tweet at a player if it isn't Positive.

#EndRant
                                It's not only Zimmer's narrative. Players have mentioned it in postgame pressers and tweets; Stig's mentioned it in postgame interviews and tweets; and opposing fans mention it on their forums. It's a cop out to blame Zimmer.

Comment

Working...
                                X