Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
    This loss kills attendance more than anything. People are tired of being just good. Sorry to say something has tonchange.
    Just walking out of the stadium and heard multiple people saying this same thing and questioning If they are coming back next year. Biggest downfall of attendance is easily the product on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      When you don't go for it from 4th and 1 at midfield, chances are you're going to have to go for it from a worse position later. Turnovers will get the publicity, but cowardly coaching is what frustrated me more.
      Defense did it's job after this though. The offense just couldn't capitalize on being gifted good field position when the coaches played the field position game, which actually worked in this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        Just walking out of the stadium and heard multiple people saying this same thing and questioning If they are coming back next year. Biggest downfall of attendance is easily the product on the field.
        Not going to affect attendance much when there was only 3000 people there to begin with today.

Comment

I’m just waiting for that season that SDSU runs the table and gets out of the NDSU shadow with a #1 seed. IMHO a NDSU down year is the biggest need for this program. The year that SDSU runs the table people will flock to Brookings for a playoff run. Then a tradition will be started and people will realize how fun a packed night playoff game is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
            Defense did it's job after this though. The offense just couldn't capitalize on being gifted good field position when the coaches played the field position game, which actually worked in this instance.
            No because they next series they gave up a 30 yard run. You can expect a stout defense to be perfect for that long. Even if we didnt get points we save the defense on the field and less time for uni. Guess it's all. Moot point now.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The excitement leading up to the NDSU game left with key injuries and the abundance of mistakes and turnovers. Let's face it, excitement and confidence sells tickets - in the end, we didn't have either one. We literally and figuratively limped to the finish line. The season of "what could have been" is over.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Must spread rep. Dude, yes.
                Huh. Just a fickle fanbase I guess.

The good news is we have at 3 more years of it. Should be an exciting brand of football
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Attendance was 4102. I was in the stadium and, unfortunately, our attendance report is accurate.

Those in attendance were great, loud and opiniated fans so like al of the late season games, it was fun (until the final few minutes).

just one of those years in which injuries really took a toll but a lot of young players show there’s reason for optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Attendance was 4102. I was in the stadium and, unfortunately, our attendance report is accurate.

Those in attendance were great, loud and opiniated fans so like al of the late season games, it was fun (until the final few minutes).

just one of those years in which injuries really took a toll but a lot of young players show there’s reason for optimism.
                    So the twitter reports of 2500 may have been fake news!
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      So the twitter reports of 2500 may have been fake news!
                      2500 or 4100, either way that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        2500 or 4100, either way that sucks.
                        Yes, it is difficult to make decisions for other people. It would be even more disastrous if it was 4100 during the regular season. I would have thought with the thin ice we may have seen more ice fishermen show up.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          On tv just called us san Diego state....

Ugh.
                          The ref called them "Northern Illinois" once and us "South Dakota," so there's that.

Comment

I was very disappointed in the outcome, but let's not forget that the product will include the likes of Backhaus, Gibbs, Heins, Evans, Norblade, Hicks, Wilson, Strong, Krolikowski, Gardner, Ogunrinde, and Ward. There's ample reason for excitement.

Who knows how things will shake out, but I'm already thinking of ways I can stockpile the cash for next season's season ticket order.

Having said that, I am not sold on the offensive playcalling, although I wonder how much of that was due to constraints imposed by injury and how much was coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Huh. Just a fickle fanbase I guess.

The good news is we have at 3 more years of it. Should be an exciting brand of football
                              Fumbles are always frustrating, but I think it bears mentioning that Janke's patterns are often in traffic in middle of field where the likelihood of a fumble increases. Similarly, he has a propensity to field punts in traffic (which is actually a habit I hope they break him of).

I expect next season brings improvement and reduced fumbles.

Comment

I also was disappointed with not being agressive to end the half. However I think Mikey was out at that time and when it got to 4th and 1 that may have factored in.

The fumbles let the air out of the stadium and that has to affect the team and defense at some point.

Was glad to see them put Adam in to return punts

Above all I was disappointed for the team to go out like that at home. Everyone leaving the stands on the last play.

I couldn't make the Illinois St game, but I feel that attendance affected the team and coaches and hardcore fans.

Looking forward to next year and thanks to the team and seniors that made it an exciting season.

Comment

Working...
                                X