Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: UNI Panthers, Part Deux (Playoff Edition)

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    I was very disappointed in the outcome, but let's not forget that the product will include the likes of Backhaus, Gibbs, Heins, Evans, Norblade, Hicks, Wilson, Strong, Krolikowski, Gardner, Ogunrinde, and Ward. There's ample reason for excitement.

Who knows how things will shake out, but I'm already thinking of ways I can stockpile the cash for next season's season ticket order.

Having said that, I am not sold on the offensive playcalling, although I wonder how much of that was due to constraints imposed by injury and how much was coaching.
    Could not agree more, bad taste in the mouth right now but next year we have a lot to look forward to. Never fun to be in this position looking to next season but this team is not rebuilding, we are still built to win now

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      No because they next series they gave up a 30 yard run. You can expect a stout defense to be perfect for that long. Even if we didnt get points we save the defense on the field and less time for uni. Guess it's all. Moot point now.
      Hard to for me to pin most of the blame anywhere but on the offense. Had 80 yards total offense in the first 10 minutes, 140 in the final 50. UNI won time of possession 37-23. I think the defense finally got worn down.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        Huh. Just a fickle fanbase I guess.

The good news is we have at 3 more years of it. Should be an exciting brand of football
        Excuse me? Fickle?

I believe in benching kids to prove a point when it's needed. I think he's a very talented player and could very well go on to have a great career here and I'll be right there cheering for him. You see coaches putting players in the dog house all the time and making them earn their trust back. Imo that's exactly what he needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          I was very disappointed in the outcome, but let's not forget that the product will include the likes of Backhaus, Gibbs, Heins, Evans, Norblade, Hicks, Wilson, Strong, Krolikowski, Gardner, Ogunrinde, and Ward. There's ample reason for excitement.

Who knows how things will shake out, but I'm already thinking of ways I can stockpile the cash for next season's season ticket order.

Having said that, I am not sold on the offensive playcalling, although I wonder how much of that was due to constraints imposed by injury and how much was coaching.
          I like the optimism.

Comment

The Jacks started the season without much experience or depth at QB. That hurt an otherwise talented offense. Beyond that, it seemed to be fundamental stuff, like holding on to the ball and tackling scrambling QBs, that held the Jacks back. Next year's team has the potential to be better.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              4th and 1 from mid field. 4th qtr. Thata saying to me we hope we hang on to win and not let's give it everything we can to win it.
              I kinda agree with you goon. I think it's a we are going to stuff it up your arse situation. If you can't make a yard do you deserve it? It's easy to say now, but to me that's a I believe in you guys kinda call if we go for it. Inspiring maybe to the players? Oh well, its over now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I like the optimism.
                Like I said, who knows how next season progresses, but to say there's an issue with the on-field product seems ridiculous, particularly considering players I omitted from the prior list.

Comment

I was at the game and left Brookings extremely disappointed on many levels. After seeing how we played the first quarter I was optimistic we could win but by halftime I wasn't to confident we could. Hopefully the basketball team will get me excited about the Jackrabbits again. Oh and I hope JM destroys UNI next weekend.

See ya next year.

Comment

Long and short...it was not a successful season. We move on!

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                      No it was not with three QB changes. Biggest surprise was Keaton Heide. 8-5 better than 5-8

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        I kinda agree with you goon. I think it's a we are going to stuff it up your arse situation. If you can't make a yard do you deserve it? It's easy to say now, but to me that's a I believe in you guys kinda call if we go for it. Inspiring maybe to the players? Oh well, its over now.
                        I realize we are going to stay in the pistol formation no matter the situation, but I still like the QB under center when you just need a yard or two. Or, that's the place to run the Wildcat, not on first down.

Comment

4102 attendance?

We have an elite level FCS Football team. Unfortunately we have a mid-level NSIC fan base.

What recruit sees the playoff atmosphere in Fargo and the atmosphere here yesterday and says I want to be a Jackrabbit. It’s just where it is folks.

Yes, those that were there were into it. They all get two thumbs up. Just a damn shame there weren’t more there.

Disappointed for the players that gave it their all. They went through so much this year with the injuries and still ended up with a seed.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                            Guess this is as good a post as any to segue into some rants, raves, and Christmas wishes.

Rant: Anyone on this board, save the Bison and UNI interlopers, isn't satisfied with yesterday, but can we at least acknowledge that this season allowed us to discover some possible diamonds in the rough, or hasten future players' development at a minimum? Assuming, the Jacks can prevent the QB who doesn't win Stig's open competition next year from ever transferring, we now know that we just might have the best QB tandem since Christion & Lujan. Plus, we saw flashes from Blakley, Levi Brown and Norblade (not to mention the pack of Jacks I noted in prior post)

Rave: I'm a fan of the "air raid siren" when home team's on defense. I know the Jacks aren't the ones who initiated that, but I hope it sticks around next season.

Rant: It'd be awesome if the stadium sound person could find a happy medium when it comes to volume. Perhaps it's the stadium acoustics, but there have been multiple instances where it will go from reasonable to blaring both pre-game and during the game (and our tickets are near midfield, so it's not an issue of being close to the scoreboard speakers).

Rant: I'm not going to mention the multi-hyphenate UNI player by name, but one of their OL exhibited incredibly poor sportsmanship in both games this season. In regular season contest, he was yelling "SDSU sucks" at fans during game and trying to mix it up with Jacks players during postgame handshake, and he continued his descent this game with profanity-laced shouts to fans and chippy play. Hopefully he reins that in during his show choir performances and any use of his elementary ed. degree. Relatedly, UNI had multiple players waving goodbye to Norblade on their sideline following his "targeting" call.

Rave: The UNI players' poor sportsmanship made me appreciate the Jacks' behavior throughout the season, and I think that's due to the staff and types of players they recruit.

Rave: The Jacks have had some great LBs during the past decade, and while it is bittersweet that Rozeboom has played his last game for the Jacks, it's comforting that Backhaus, Wilson, Brown, Tetzlaff, and the rest remain.

Wishes:

Wish #1: I'm assuming Eck will remain as OC (and I think he should); however, I hope the Jacks either hire or designate a separate OL coach. None of the remaining teams have dual OC/OL coaches (staff listing links below), and while this could be an indication that the teams advancing have more funding to devote to coaching staff/hiring additional personnel, it seems highly likely that attempting to perform both roles hampers the ability to make adjustments. Yes, I realize these staffs commonly have OCs focusing on position groups (like QBs), but OL is more complex

Wish #2: I realize one goal is the grow the fanbase, but rewarding loyal Jackrabbit Club members who have backed the Jacks' playoff appearances is one way to reduce attrition. A low to no-cost way of doing that would be to add "playoff premium" points to the folks who have purchased tickets to every playoff game at DJD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              No it was not with three QB changes. Biggest surprise was Keaton Heide. 8-5 better than 5-8
                              Yes, and for any among us who might say a QB like McElvain seems like a better option, let's not forget him taking a 24-yard loss on a sack and tossing multiple INTs to Jacks in this season's games

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                4102 attendance?

We have an elite level FCS Football team. Unfortunately we have a mid-level NSIC fan base.

What recruit sees the playoff atmosphere in Fargo and the atmosphere here yesterday and says I want to be a Jackrabbit. It’s just where it is folks.

Yes, those that were there were into it. They all get two thumbs up. Just a damn shame there weren’t more there.

Disappointed for the players that gave it their all. They went through so much this year with the injuries and still ended up with a seed.

SUPERBUNNY
                                I live several hundred miles from Brookings. Attending a game involves several hours of driving, usually at least one night in a motel and several restaurant meals. I end up using one day of my precious vacation time for each game I attend. I have budgeted my vacation time and travel funds to attend five games each of the last few years. I donate an amount greater than the required amount to purchase the seats that I use. Sometimes coming home from those later season games involves driving for hours in poor travel conditions. A few years ago I missed a game because the weather forced all of the roads in western South Dakota to be closed for the weekend.

Attending those games is a priority that I have set for myself. If I were to use those five vacation days and the thousands of dollars, yes, literally thousands, that I spend on football, I could take another summer vacation, or maybe a winter vacation to a warmer climate.

I am frequently finding myself accused of being an unmotivated fan, worthy only of attending lower level football games. It is my fault that North Dakota State out recruits us. I really have to wonder why I even bother going to a game where I am surrounded by @$$holes who consider me an inferior fan. Every time I go out to shovel snow for the rest of this winter I am going to be thinking about that warm weather vacation that I can take next year if I just redirect some of my resources. I probably have until April or May to decide ….
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X