UNI Playoff Game Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Playoff Game Week

Just started a new thread for this week's game.

Sounds like defense is almost fully healthy.

Genant has 2 games left, does he play this week?

Re: UNI Playoff Game Week

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    Just started a new thread for this week's game.

Sounds like defense is almost fully healthy.

Genant has 2 games left, does he play this week?
    I would say yes because no guarantee we play more then 1 game. It gets tricky because its either play a semifinal game or sit that out hoping for a national title game. or play the next 2 games and miss a national championship game, my guess is if he plays next 2 games and we win, he would give up his last year to play in the national champion ship game. will be interesting to track assuming we win.

I just want us to pound the ball with Mickey, let him have 25 carries, and want the defense to get pumped to get some sack and make it hard on their QB. really would like to see us bring the pressure on them.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I would say yes because no guarantee we play more then 1 game. It gets tricky because its either play a semifinal game or sit that out hoping for a national title game. or play the next 2 games and miss a national championship game, my guess is if he plays next 2 games and we win, he would give up his last year to play in the national champion ship game. will be interesting to track assuming we win.

I just want us to pound the ball with Mickey, let him have 25 carries, and want the defense to get pumped to get some sack and make it hard on their QB. really would like to see us bring the pressure on them.
      We need to win 3 games to make National Championship (total of 4 games). Beat UNI, probably play James Madison in Quarters, Semis, Championship.

Comment

He would have to sit out the quarterfinals and the semis to play the natty and this game. We aren’t in the quarters just yet.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          We need to win 3 games to make National Championship (total of 4 games). Beat UNI, probably play James Madison in Quarters, Semis, Championship.
          Thanks for the correction. Got baby brain too so details and basic things escape me for the time being.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'd be all for taking it to McElvain, but his mobility increases the importance of maintaining discipline along DL and not overpursuing.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              I'd be all for taking it to McElvain, but his mobility increases the importance of maintaining discipline along DL and not overpursuing.
              We did a great job last time on him. Let’s do the same thing!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'd like to see some deep balls to Cade and Anderson when we get around the 50 yd line. Pass interference is a likely outcome and an interception doesn't give them a short field. UNI will be loading up to stop Mikey, some deep balls will keep them honest. Johnson is so good at subtly pushing off without drawing an OPI. It seems we are too conservative at times with our vertical passing. They did a good job with that in the 2nd half against UNI the first time.

Maybe we are banged up at tight end, but the lack of touches for Kunz is concerning. That area of the field will be open on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  We did a great job last time on him. Let’s do the same thing!
                  Don't you think Farley will have more designed QB runs or option plays, particularly with Weston likely limited at best?

Last game, I think one reason the Jacks didn't get as many sacks is because the scheme on defense dictated containment rather than sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                    I'd like to see some deep balls to Cade and Anderson when we get around the 50 yd line. Pass interference is a likely outcome and an interception doesn't give them a short field. UNI will be loading up to stop Mikey, some deep balls will keep them honest. Johnson is so good at subtly pushing off without drawing an OPI. It seems we are too conservative at times with our vertical passing. They did a good job with that in the 2nd half against UNI the first time.

Maybe we are banged up at tight end, but the lack of touches for Kunz is concerning. That area of the field will be open on Saturday.
                    I think you're probably right about UNI focusing on stopping run, and I think Cade will get DBs' attention, so I look for Janke and Anderson to capitalize IF wind isn't an issue. The forecast is saying wind could be almost double what it was last time, so screens and short passes to Campbell could be fallback plan.

Comment

I see there are two threads kinda running at the same time, fine by me. Anyway, instead of us hoping we do this, or do that. I hope to see the day when we just talk like we are going to come out and kick their ass! Like the D-bags up north say. JMO. Carry on.

Comment

No turnovers = easy win.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          No turnovers = easy win.
                          Exactly so far the only teams that beat us is ourselves. Hopefully we have sured up our ball security. Had hopfully our team health has improved over the bye week.
                          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

If anyone doesn't have tickets yet and wants to get in for $15, let me know.

https://twitter.com/CappinHard/statu...083220993?s=20

If you have people that have complained about the ticket prices for the playoffs, here's their opportunity. Spread the word. The last thing I want is for someone not to go because they thought a $27 ticket was too expensive, but are willing to pay $15. I'm guessing the amount of people that are thinking that isn't a big group, but we'll see. Figured I would do my part to try to get more people to the game.

Comment

If Wes Genant is healthy and the best option (player) at the Center position then he should play every game from this point on. Stig should be coaching to win games and not worry about eligibility next year if this TEAM has a chance for the title game. Team doesn’t have an I (individual) in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X