Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samford

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
    Maybe other teams will hate Noah, but SDSU players and coaches will not. I don’t understand the gripe. He tries to make hustle play where their point guard does not even see him coming and it is a loose ball. He also made contact with ball before there was any body contact. So we are upset about a player who can guard multiple positions, rebound, pass, and scored 20 points. Oh by the way he is only a freshmen. I will take as many of those type of players as we can get.
    Lol my guy, no one is upset with him. I just thought it was hilarious that the announcers didn't think that was a foul. He played great!
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I thought the half-court roller should have been considered a free ball, with two guys crashing after it, and no foul called. The offensive player had given up possession. Oh, well. It was a good hustle play by Freidel. And it was a good win by the Jacks. Wilson was really good.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I thought the half-court roller should have been considered a free ball, with two guys crashing after it, and no foul called. The offensive player had given up possession. Oh, well. It was a good hustle play by Freidel. And it was a good win by the Jacks. Wilson was really good.
        I mean, even if it's a free ball, you're not allowed to head butt a dude in the ankles. There's a reason there's something called a "loose ball foul"
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I mean, even if it's a free ball, you're not allowed to head butt a dude in the ankles. There's a reason there's something called a "loose ball foul"
          I agree with RO. That was a foul.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Is anyone still watching this? Friedel just took out a dude's legs diving for a loose ball and the announcers are incredulous that it's a foul on us lol. He's played great tonight, though. 4 years of him will be excellent.
            Are you serious? That wasn't a foul, that was a loose ball. It's the same as a good tackle in soccer. Friedel hit the ball before the player, not a foul.

Comment

I think you could make an argument either way on that call. Freidel actually had possession of the ball before he made contact. Regardless I don't think it was a dirty play (I don't think anyone has suggested that on here but since their guy was hurt it could be brought up) and it injected a lot of energy in the arena. While his outside shooting has been a welcome addition as of late, his defense and hustle plays have been his most important contributions, IMO.

Comment

Last night was the first opportunity I’ve had to watch a game. This team is FUN and the effort is tremendous. Honestly, I just got tired of watching the dysfunction of last years team and kind of tuned out. The future is bright and I’m excited about Coach Hendo and this squad.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                X