Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Round Game Discussion

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Believe Weston was on crutches at one point late in the game, but even if they aren't out to start, there's a difference between getting hit indoors versus sustaining the punishment the Jacks D will exert in the cold.

Definitely hope the Jacks aren't taking anything for granted, but I know I'm sick of reading UNI whining to the media about having a tougher schedule than the Jacks. Sure, they played Weber State, but the Jacks' FBS opponent was arguably more difficult, and UNI had Idaho State as a non-con. and the Leathernecks in conference this year.
    Hopefully the Jack's use that as locker room material to beat them again. L
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Both teams will have a chip on their shoulder. UNI because they got jobbed by the committee and SDSU because there are a lot of folks don't think they deserved a seed.

If the players need to rely on "locker room material" in the playoffs to get fired up for a game, they might be in trouble.

My guess is that we should have a huge crowd since there won't be folks in the fields.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Both teams will have a chip on their shoulder. UNI because they got jobbed by the committee and SDSU because there are a lot of folks don't think they deserved a seed.

If the players need to rely on "locker room material" in the playoffs to get fired up for a game, they might be in trouble.

My guess is that we should have a huge crowd since there won't be folks in the fields.
        Not for a playoff game but to play a team a second time in a season it probably doesn't hurt.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I see what you did there.

Comment

4,000 more?

Comment

FCS 1st-rd playoff crowds:
              @ Monmouth 44, H Cross 27: 2,817
              @ Albany 42, CCSU 14: 1,660
              Illinois St 24, @ SE Missouri 6: 3,274
              @ UNI 17, San Diego 3: 3,743
              @ A Peay 42, Furman 6: 3,559
              Kennesaw 28, @ Wofford 21: 1,992
              @ Nicholls 24, N Dakota 6: 7,569
              @ SE La 45, 'Nova 44: 4,173

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                FCS 1st-rd playoff crowds:
                @ Monmouth 44, H Cross 27: 2,817
                @ Albany 42, CCSU 14: 1,660
                Illinois St 24, @ SE Missouri 6: 3,274
                @ UNI 17, San Diego 3: 3,743
                @ A Peay 42, Furman 6: 3,559
                Kennesaw 28, @ Wofford 21: 1,992
                @ Nicholls 24, N Dakota 6: 7,569
                @ SE La 45, 'Nova 44: 4,173
                No big bucks for the NCAA, I am safe to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  NCAA still gets their money. It is the schools that lose out with bad attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    4,000 more?
                    That would be my guess. Isn't that what the estimate was for those that couldn't make it due to the weather being too nice?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Attendance like that's one consequence of having games during Thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I think this is a game where the Iowa Terrors make Farley regret not having them.

Comment

That would be my guess. Isn't that what the estimate was for those that couldn't make it due to the weather being too nice?
                          Ironically, if the forecast turns out to be accurate the temperature won't be all that different. Looks like it might be considerably windier.

I'd like for Stig to get his wish and have 15k, but we'll see. Hopefully, UNI doesn't have more fans than last time.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Ironically, if the forecast turns out to be accurate the temperature won't be all that different. Looks like it might be considerably windier.

I'd like for Stig to get his wish and have 15k, but we'll see. Hopefully, UNI doesn't have more fans than last time.
                            Reading the UNI forum and one fan said their group was all ready to buy tickets for this weekends game after the pick six. After the rest of the game they decided they would save their money! I would love to see over 10k, but I have a hard time believing we get over 7,500 (that may be high). I hope I am way off base.

Comment

Ive been to every home playoff game and if we get 10,000, i will be happy. The key is getting the student section full. Im not sure its been half full in any playoff game.

Comment

The thing I keep thinking about is the lack of awareness of FCS football in general around South Dakota. People don’t understand how elite SDSU is right now and how they should be supported. I tell people they got the 7 seed and a bye and that means nothing to most people. I don’t know how you get playoff games to mean more to the general fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X